Instead.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

Arnu, you don't have to have a replacement lined up to realise that the current person isn't doing the job and needs to be replaced. You can advertise and see who applies.

But given that a week or two back you thought he should go, who did you think should replace him?
ARNU

Alan wrote:Arnu, you don't have to have a replacement lined up to realise that the current person isn't doing the job and needs to be replaced. You can advertise and see who applies.

But given that a week or two back you thought he should go, who did you think should replace him?
Well most of all you have to understand this thread is just a discussion point,an attempt at tackling the who should take over question.
You are right about seeing who applies ultimately.

I think Wayne on balance should probably go now(Figures don't lie but they don't tell the whole truth either) but Im not screaming out for it.I stand by the fact that whoever manages us with the same constraints as Wayne has would most likely be in the same position.I don't think this squad can ever live upto the high expectations some fans have set it in their minds.We know wayne lost the backbone of his team pre season and has not really recovered from that.The battling team I saw v Plymouth is the one we want turning up every week,the fact it dosent has to be in some part down to the manager.I think a hideous defeat at home v hawkwind or whatever they are called will be the final straw.I sincerely hope we stuff them and get a go against Man Utd in round 3 though.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:I don't think this squad can ever live upto the high expectations some fans have set it in their minds.
What high expectations? To look like they give a damn every week, entertain a bit, have a clue what they are doing tactically and win the odd home game here and there?

Totally unreasonable demands on professional footballers that.

THIS IS WAYNE BURNETT'S TEAM
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Mark

Some names that might be or might not be outlandish.

John Still
Alan Devonshire
Paul Ince
Tony Roberts
Micky Adams
Brian Deane
Danny Cowley
Chris Kinnear
Darryl McMahon
Gary Bowyer
The Romford Dagger

Mark wrote:Some names that might be or might not be outlandish.

John Still
Alan Devonshire
Paul Ince
Tony Roberts
Micky Adams
Brian Deane
Danny Cowley
Chris Kinnear
Darryl McMahon
Gary Bowyer
Gary Bowyer?no chance

But i reckon Devonshire is a decent shout
stanton101

I'd give Devonshire a go.
DI Mike Dashwood

I had previously suggested Devonshire, but I understand he does not/did not want to go full time, hence he stayed at Braintree for a long time and is now at Maidenhead. I would imagine with the job he did at Braintree and the connections he has, he would have been approached by many Conference and League 2 Clubs, but would not have wanted to go full time.

I would imagine same applies to Cowley, Mark. He has done good job at Braintree and did great job at Concord, but would have to be an amazing deal for a bloke to give up a job to come and manage us, knowing we could go down at end of season.

John Still, no, the Club needs to move away from that, otherwise the person after will once again just be living in his shadow. Doubt Bowyer, Adams or Deane would be interested. Kinnear, no, never done much about mid table Conference sides, Robbo, no, poor bloke would go from legend to scapegoat.

I think Ince or Powell are most realistic from those suggested so far. Both know the area, would demand respect from the players, have done ok jobs at various levels, and Ince has previous of getting someone out of a position even worse than we are in.

Apart from those, I still think Steve Tilson with Brushy or Peter Taylor assisting could work.
ARNU

Mark wrote:Some names that might be or might not be outlandish.

John Still
Alan Devonshire
Paul Ince
Tony Roberts
Micky Adams
Brian Deane
Danny Cowley
Chris Kinnear
Darryl McMahon
Gary Bowyer

Some good calls there Mark....

Not sure why Robbo would be any good,loved him as a player and a man but he was a bit of a joker,hardly someone to take seriously.You can be the best mechanic in the garage,dont qualify you to be manager.Good bloke to have around the dressing room,even goaly coach but manager naah!!
Not convinced Paul Ince would want it.You have to remember 1 bout of punditry on MOTD gets about 20k.Alan Hansen as resident pundit was on £40k a show.Ince,whilst not on telly quite as much must still be on it 10+ times a year.He don't need it and would imagine himself worthy of a higher managerial position I reckon.Would he be good ? You'd think so but this would be as downwards a move for him as you could imagine.
Devo has pedigree,knows the game.yeah id take that.
Stilly.....Id have him back.Bit old but might want to make it up to us for his nasty exit.

Heard a name or two but not familiar with your other names.
Phippo

It's a pity the board didn't really consider other candidates before appointing Wayne in the first place! If another man eventually comes in then he has little to improve on results wise. For the second year running we have a great chance of progression in the FA Cup.At least we have cleared the first hurdle this time. A win would make Wayne (on paper) look so much better. We could of course get through and get a club like Hartlepool in the 3rd round, but we can all dream for a while of getting one of the "big" boys Surely we wont mess up again?
mickeyblue

arry redknapps bulldog.

i'd love ince with his no nonsense style, would upset all the hammers tho which is another thumbs up aswell.
he could still do motd aswell

anyway he wont be getting sacked so pretty pointless
3rd round tie is all im hoping for this season.

if we get relegated which i still think this clown will achieve then i get to watch vanarama football with a nice empty away end.
but we finished 9th!
Lcbdagger

Makes no odds now obviously but Martin Ling would have been a great choice. Personally think a Chris Powell type would be great... Even unknown names could give a lift... Look how Jimmy Floyd has done at Burton
ARNU

Lcbdagger wrote:Makes no odds now obviously but Martin Ling would have been a great choice. Personally think a Chris Powell type would be great... Even unknown names could give a lift... Look how Jimmy Floyd has done at Burton
is that the same martin ling that's managed and been sacked everywhere else ?
bearaab

You could have use that argument for about 95% of managers so that's a load of bollocks.
ARNU

bearaab wrote:You could have use that argument for about 95% of managers so that's a load of bollocks.
So are you advocating Ling take over then ?

CAMBRIDGE

"After four consecutive losses, including to lowly Hayes & Yeading, the board were forced to issue a vote of confidence in Ling's management.[19] Despite this, the club's poor form continued. Following a goalless draw with Histon, there were chants of "Ling Out". However Ling refused to quit, stating "they [the fans] can moan all they like, but I’m going nowhere".[20] Ling was sacked by the Cambridge United board after a further run of four straight defeats.[21] Later on after his appointment at Torquay, Ling claimed his CV had perhaps been 'too big for Cambridge'.Martin Ling unsuccessfully applied for the Grimsby Town managerial vacancy a month later

Torquay

On 28 January 2013 Assistant Shaun Taylor, lead Torquay to victory away at Exeter City with Ling, away suffering from an illness. It was from this point Ling, commenced a four-month absence from the club to receive treatment for depression. In his absence Alan Knill was appointed caretaker manager until such times as Ling, was fit to resume his post.[28] On 29 April 2013 Torquay United controversially announced that it would be terminating Ling's contract with immediate effect, saying that "the decision is based purely on footballing grounds, after falling from play-off contenders last season to just escaping relegation this time around, and early exits in all three cup competitions."

Port vale didn't want him either.
Alan

The thing is, we would struggle to find somebody who would have accumulated less points after 20 games.