Let's raise some funds

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

OBD wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:It will take somewhere in the region of 100k so it aint happening any time soon!
£100k!?

How much would a hitman cost..?
:D
Diggerthedog

TomMc wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:claim the glory of MBE's for running a shitty little football club?
He got his MBE for his services to sport and young people in the borough.
I know.........
Diggerthedog

http://whitehawkfc.com/sponsors-for-tel ... up-replay/

Shall we see how much a board is for the money, i'm willing to put in. #burnettout
bloke down the pub

If you employ some one and there not up to the job ,you get rid . For some reason they want him to stay . Money dose not come into it. .FACT.
dagger4eva

bloke down the pub wrote:If you employ some one and there not up to the job ,you get rid . For some reason they want him to stay . Money dose not come into it. .FACT.
Not true - money does come into it ... FACT.

He has a contract worth somewhere in the region (I'm led to believe of £80-90k per year)

He still has approximately 18 months left on said contract still to run.

It's not therefore difficult to calculate it would cost in the region of £125-130k to show him the door.... money we currently, simply do not have.

FACT
bloke down the pub

dagger4eva wrote:
bloke down the pub wrote:If you employ some one and there not up to the job ,you get rid . For some reason they want him to stay . Money dose not come into it. .FACT.
Not true - money does come into it ... FACT.

He has a contract worth somewhere in the region (I'm led to believe of £80-90k per year)

He still has approximately 18 months left on said contract still to run.

It's not therefore difficult to calculate it would cost in the region of £125-130k to show him the door.... money we currently, simply do not have.

FACT
If your shit at your job ,how long do you think you will last, contract or not .Get in the real world.
dagger4eva

What point of legally binding contract do you not grasp?

He could go the next 18 months without winning a SINGLE game and we will still be bound by the contract.

Comprende??
ARNU

All this guressing whats in the clubs bank account...really....A club so diligent with its finances will have enough money to pay him off.It just doesn't want to.When,and only when they decide that Burnett is detrimental to the well being of the finances of the club will they let him go.They could do it right now.If they were so hard up why didn't they make Luton pay for john Still ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

A) the clubs finances are openly available to all full members.

B) the club stands to make a 350k loss for the 2nd consecutive season, at least it was up until yesterday.

C) I know exactly why we didnt make Luton pay the full compensation we were entitled to and it has nothing to do with us 'not being poor'
Alan

But his loss would be his net not gross pay. And he would have a duty to mitigate his loss by finding another job. We could get shot for 50k, if handled correctly.
RampantDuke

Why are we the only club in the country who can't afford to lose their manager. Every other club at all levels manage to do it all the time. In watching football for 40 years I have never come across this before? I bet nobody else can give me one example where a club kept hold of their manager for 2 years while the football was dire, the crowds were dropping like a stone and the league position was precarious because they 'couldn't afford it'. I would argue that right now we can't afford to keep him!
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
SUSSEX DAGGER

RampantDuke wrote:
ARNU wrote:Im not sure the club couldn't afford to pay him off you know.They just don't want to.
You hit the nail on the head there pal. Thommo has never sacked a manager and I honestly don't think he would know where to start. The policy here is keep fingers crossed, bury head in sand and hope for the best. The one thing I don't get though is that each week of this shit we lose 30-40 more fans. It's going to be hard enough next season with Wham going to Stratford without us playing the kind of football that turns the fans away in their droves. That means less money on the gate so surely keeping Burnett is a false economy anyway? Imagine how many fans would come back if we got a decent manager who could get this team playing again?
If we never had any intention of getting rid of John Still then it surely follows that their has been a saving on his wages over the past three seasons, if you were inclined to get rid surely there was enough money made out of this saving to pay for this decision.

Secondly are the crowds falling ? Even the Club did not expect 1900 yesterday, if that what it was, they ran out of tickets on the turnstiles at 1.45 and there was still People waiting to come in.

Oh and forget about the sale of Jodi Jones because nobody is going to pay anywhere near what we are asking, yesterday put paid to that
ARNU

It looked and felt like way more than 1900 yesterday to me.

Maybe a bit of constructive book keeping has taken place there.The carling was all but full,the TBS had 500 away fans in it that's 1200 or so plus all the rest standing.There was definitely more than 700 in the sieve and Bury Road,felt like about 2500 to me and my mates.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:It looked and felt like way more than 1900 yesterday to me.

Maybe a bit of constructive book keeping has taken place there.The carling was all but full,the TBS had 500 away fans in it that's 1200 or so plus all the rest standing.There was definitely more than 700 in the sieve and Bury Road,felt like about 2500 to me and my mates.

I was stunned when the Luton attendanxet was only 2k. Felt like 3k or near enough at the time
admin
Site Admin

ARNU wrote:It looked and felt like way more than 1900 yesterday to me.

I was going to say exactly the same thing but I didn't want to sound silly. I can definitely 500 away fans and at least 700 in the carling. It felt like more than 700 in the terraces