Now that was Pathetic....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

What a load of ol crap today against Torquay was.When Chris Dickson is coming on you know that's our lot.You know hes no good Wayne and you're just pissing off the good players on the bench by giving him a game.Hes useless that's why he went to play in Greece.D'ath too lightweight,no way better than edgar or saunders and Howell has suddenly started playing like Kevin Maher ala Dagenham under John Still.We have a real gem in Zavon Hines then spend 85 of the 90 not getting the ball to him.Going on the radio and calling us pathetic after one of our best performances of the season against Wycombe is your biggest mistake,bit like the Hull manager that time berating his team on the pitch.Havent sniffed a point since then.Im still your biggest fan Wayne but today was dire.Give Shields a game and get that Goldberg fella back off loan at least they'd try.Dickson is a joke.

Oh and another irritating thing you do Wayne is looking so fed up when we do win.Telling them off today will be the right thing to do but they've heard it all before.Constant big stick is as ineffective as none.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

Here we go..........the knifes are out....

We've played worse and won at home this season. 1st half we were good and their GK made 2-3 very good saves. 1 in particular from Hines was outstanding. Big problem for me is the lack of Billy Bingham. Without him we seem to miss that link between the defence/strikers. Ogogo and Howell aren't as good at dropping into little pockets to receive the ball and it does seem to result in more long balls up to the front 3.

Dickson was dire when coming on today. I was hoping initially it was just lack of match fitness but there seems to be a lack of desire there as well. He didn't seem to know whether he wanted to drop to receive back to goal or spin to receive in behind. Every time, his movement was half hearted. Problem is, our only other alternative is Scott. I don't want Woodall back either. Striker in January please Wayne.

This is still the same squad that nearly went down last year bar Hines/Rhys/Saah and without them 3 we are a very average League 2 side. We are going to have games like today from time to time where it doesn't quite happens and to be honest, I'm pleasantly surprised we've not had more.
Richie

The very least we deserved today was a point, hitting the post and forcing their keeper into a few top saves.

The problem as Lee said is in midfield, why did we sign D'Ath? I'm not saying he's awful but we already have 2 of him in Howell and Ogogo, we didn't need another runner, we needed a passer.

But if we don't have one I'd go 4-4-2, this midfield 3 just won't work IMO.
ARNU

leewilson wrote:Here we go..........the knifes are out....

Knives aren't out, Im just recognising a shit performance when one happens.1st half was boring but we did ok second half we were poor.I went Oxford and thought we were ok just beaten by the better team.Today we looked lethargic,Howell had an off day and Ive seen enough of Dickson now to say he's not very good. I got Wayne to reflect on his use of the word "Pathetic" that day v Wycombe and he sort of agreed with me at least.Today would be a more appropriate time to use the phrase if you're gonna use it at all.We weren't pathetic today either but we were poor.We deserved nothing today and that's what we got.
leewilson

To be honest, I like D'Ath. I think he's better on the ball than people maybe give him credit for as well. I personally wouldn't have taken him off. I'd have taken Howell off, dropped D'Ath back in and put Medy in the middle with Edgar wide.

I wouldn't mind seeing us play Hines in the hole on occasions as well. Really think he can do some damage there.
leewilson

ARNU wrote:

Knives aren't out, Im just recognising a shit performance when one happens.1st half was boring but we did ok second half we were poor.I went Oxford and thought we were ok just beaten by the better team.Today we looked lethargic,Howell had an off day and Ive seen enough of Dickson now to say he's not very good. I got Wayne to reflect on his use of the word "Pathetic" that day v Wycombe and he sort of agreed with me at least.Today would be a more appropriate time to use the phrase if you're gonna use it at all.We weren't pathetic today either but we were poor.We deserved nothing today and that's what we got.
Me and you must watch different games then Arnu. I thought we were poor against Wycombe and it was covered up by us scoring at opportune times. I thought we were all over the place first half against Oxford, bailed out by Murphy's equaliser and defended well 2nd half but used the ball shockingly. Then today, I thought first half we were alright and another day would have been 1-2 up. We got in down the left numerous times and the final ball was either well defended or not quite right, plus their keeper made 2-3 excellent saves. 2nd half we weren't that bad either. They frustrated us by defended deep but we were unlucky to hit the post, had a few shots blocked, had some good pressure towards the end but it wasn't to be. It wasn't perfect but I certainly would not say it was any worse than Wycombe. Wycombe didn't have the opportunity to smash and grab us like Torquay did as we scored first half and went fortunately 2-0 up with a man extra 5 minutes into the 2nd half.
matt_drfc

It wasn't pathetic, we were good in the first half but couldn't find the goal. It's just really frustrating when a team park the bus for pretty much the whole second half and waste time at any opportunity. Torquay did their jobs well though, that's how you play away from home. Things just didn't happen today we are missing Bingham a lot, D'Ath isn't that sort of player who will sit deep and control the play, Saunders is the only player like Bingham. Anyway we'll bounce back, the good thing about this period is the players don't have time to dwell on 1 performance, looking forward to Pompey!
Daggers No 2 Fan

Today wasn't very good, but it certainly wasn't pathetic.

Today was one of those games where we just weren't going to get a goal. The first save by their keeper was outstanding, and if it had gone in I think we'd have beat them comfortably.
Then there was the one with the defender sliding into towards his own goal to block - 9 times out of 10 he puts through his own goal, today he doesn't. The same with one of the other deflected shots we had in the second half.
We created a fair bit, but just couldn't finish.

I liked the look of D'Ath. He got around a lot and helped out the front 3. For me the problem is the lack of Bingham and that both Howell and Ogogo end up playing a bit deeper than they normally do.

I'm not sure what Edgar adds to our side. He isn't better than Hines, Medy or Femi 2, and I can't believe that Shields could offer any less than he did today. Two under hit passes and then a shocking free kick.

I still don't understand how we can keep conceding from corners/free kicks/crosses. Surely something is being done on it in training.

Today was probably a bit of a reality check for those that think we're going to challenge for the play offs and those that seem to have convinced themselves that we're a better team than we are.
ARNU

leewilson wrote:
ARNU wrote:

Me and you must watch different games then Arnu. I thought we were poor against Wycombe and it was covered up by us scoring at opportune times. I thought we were all over the place first half against Oxford, bailed out by Murphy's equaliser and defended well 2nd half but used the ball shockingly. Then today, I thought first half we were alright and another day would have been 1-2 up. We got in down the left numerous times and the final ball was either well defended or not quite right, plus their keeper made 2-3 excellent saves. 2nd half we weren't that bad either. They frustrated us by defended deep but we were unlucky to hit the post, had a few shots blocked, had some good pressure towards the end but it wasn't to be. It wasn't perfect but I certainly would not say it was any worse than Wycombe. Wycombe didn't have the opportunity to smash and grab us like Torquay did as we scored first half and went fortunately 2-0 up with a man extra 5 minutes into the 2nd half.
I don't entirely disagree with you Lee,in fact you seem to have recognised yourself some of the things that I thought were poor also.I think expectation comes into play a little bit here too.Torquay have won just 3 times all season and never at Victoria road ever,we have been on fire at home and were expecting a nice comfy thrashing toaday.Nobody actually said it but that's what we all thought.Then we fart around like a sunday pub team and concede again from a set piece.The manager who I love,seems to see something in Dickson that I don't that's for sure.Were you in the TBS today because you get a better view of the shape of the game from up there in the back row where I was and I can say wholeheartedly it looked dis-jointed and poor.So in some ways ,yes I saw a different game to you.
Daggers No 2 Fan

ARNU wrote: Torquay have won just 3 times all season and never at Victoria road ever,we have been on fire at home and were expecting a nice comfy thrashing toaday.Nobody actually said it but that's what we all thought.
If you went in with that attitude, then that's your problem. You seem to have this weird habit of thinking that everyone is like you. Most people aren't.
I certainly wasn't expecting a thrashing today, and I reckon there were plenty of others that weren't either.

It's often struck me that whenever people start thinking that we're in for an easy win that it tends to come back to bite them.
There isn't a lot between anyone in League 2 at the moment. All teams have good runs and bad runs, and those can often switch round very quickly.
ARNU

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
ARNU wrote: Torquay have won just 3 times all season and never at Victoria road ever,we have been on fire at home and were expecting a nice comfy thrashing toaday.Nobody actually said it but that's what we all thought.
If you went in with that attitude, then that's your problem. You seem to have this weird habit of thinking that everyone is like you. Most people aren't.
And theres you with another snidey dig,talking about problems and attitude...did you even go to the game?
Pondfield Dagger

2 great saves and hit the post, on another day they go in and and we win.

although I though wte would lose today, play a team bottom of the league think we will piss it and win 3-0, then under estimate them, put in a poor shift and lose, happens all the time with us aka Cheltenham lol
Daggers No 2 Fan

ARNU wrote:
Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
And theres you with another snidey dig,talking about problems and attitude...did you even go to the game?
Calm down. You're getting your blood pressure up over nothing more than your own (probably deliberate) misunderstanding. There's nothing "snidey". You did go into the game with an attitude. So did I, and so did everyone else.
Your main point of frustration seems to be that the performance didn't match that expected by you. You set your expectations too high. Who else's problem can that be other than yours?

You need to calm yourself down a bit. You seem to get offended so easily.

I don't understand you question about me going to the game. It has no real relevance to the points that have been made. It's almost like your trying to use it as your own snidey dig. But, in answer to the question. Yes, I did. I'd have thought that was reasonably clear from some of the comments I made describing actual incidents in the match.
ARNU

Im calm.You just come across like your constantly having a dig.

Our game today was poor,we weren't great and we deserved nothing from it.All similar opinions that you would have heard on the radio on the way home and im sure from the manager when he does his interviews.In my opinion we played far better against Wycombe and against Oxford last week who were a far better team than Torquay were today.
Daggers No 2 Fan

ARNU wrote:Im calm.You just come across like your constantly having a dig.

Our game today was poor,we weren't great and we deserved nothing from it.All similar opinions that you would have heard on the radio on the way home and im sure from the manager when he does his interviews.In my opinion we played far better against Wycombe and against Oxford last week who were a far better team than Torquay were today.
It only comes across to you like someone is having a dig because you always seem to be waiting for some to be offended about.
You're clearly not calm, as you wouldn't have replied with your own rather poor attempt at a dig if you were. You got self worked up over nothing again and had to have a little dig.