Now that was Pathetic....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Had one of our misses gone in and their goal been disallowed then yeah..we'd have won.But you can say that for every game cant you.Hitting the bar/post and having the ball cleared off the line at the end of the day all count for nothing.I do rejoice in the fact that we are creating chances,win lose or draw,something that last season was very rare.

Look,Im certainly not Mr negative here.I am Mr disappointed/certainly frustrated with yesterdays performance though.Its a relatively rare thing these days,I stick up for the boys when I think they do well hence my question to Wayne re Wycombe the other week.Unless your saying we could do no better yesterday then your basically in the same if not a similar boat to me on the matter.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggers No 2 Fan

Harbour View wrote:Pathetic was an understatement....Once again Lewington in goal never made any attempt to catch/punch or make any contact with the ball on the corner resulting in a goal (Just like Oxford last week and God knows how many games previously). Diving like a fish when the ball has gone past doesn't help. People talk about us adding another striker, we need a better goalkeeper !!Once again that was the difference in the two teams in the final analysis. If we had someone in goal of the standard of Poke of Torquay we would have at least have another six points by now. His kicking is about the worst l have ever seen and having to consistantly roll the ball out his defenders, means that half the time we never get out of our own half. At least we could forgive Roberts as he made up for his poor kicking with excellent displays. Other teams have really worked this one out. Please use your loaf Burnett and get in a proper goalie.

I agree with everyone about Dickson, looks totally disinterested and far too slow. He makes Bas Savage look like Superman ! Both Femi and Howell had the worst games in a D&R shirt l have seen for a while and yes, please please give Hines the ball. He is light years above anything we have in the team and we don't give him the ball. Good teams use their best players. I don't see Liverpool not giving Luis Suarez the ball.
This post is a fantastical piece of nonsense.
Lewington came out and collected several corners well. To bring up the Oxford one is ridiculous. There isn't a keeper in the world that would have got to that cross. The big problem in both cases was that players were given free headers.
Moaning about him rolling the ball out is utterly priceless after all the moaning about him not doing exactly that in the past. I guess you didn't notice the throw out that cleared the half way line, or the fact that wind was clearly having an effect. In the first half he had kicks go through to their keeper. In the second half he couldn't get it to the halfway line. A player doesn't suddenly become incapable of getting distance on his kicks.
ARNU

At Oxford last week and again yesterday it did strike me as odd that when facing into the wind that we'd (Lewy) would even try to kick into it in the 1st place.It was more of a cross wind yesterday but last week it strongly blew from one end to the other.The throw that cleared the halfway line was impressive but I think slightly wind assisted.I don't think 2nd half we should have tried hoofing into it at all.Not that his kicking was the reason for their goal.I strongly advocate rolling the ball out to the defenders a return to hoofball will be a disaster and Lewy bless him,cannot kick for toffee anyway.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

Sometimes the ship will roll a bit and the last few games have seen us frustrated at the way we've defended and some of our players who have really showed some class previous have really dropped form (Remember Rochdale,what a performance!) I've tremendous faith in Wayne to see this through though and not lose track. Next few games are so important and difficult three games away, we must be 'in there' and stay 'in there' because many of us have seen a pretty good and reformed side this season and its raised our expectations.
Mark

I'm not convinced that no goalkeeper would've got to the cross at Oxford. It was hung up for a long time and wasn't very far out. The free header yesterday was piss poor marking though.

Lewy has improved at coming to get crosses - he never used to do it at all - but there's still room for improvement.

I thought we were worthy of 3 points but never really got out of 2nd gear. We had 4 very good chances whereas they had probably 2. Their keeper has made 2 very good saves and our finishing was generally very poor. When we almost got it right, the woodwork helped them out.

It was difficult for us because Torquay were happy to sit back with 5 strung across the midfield and doubled up on our wingers. We couldn't get behind and we lacked a few ideas on how to change it. Normally you look at Zav or Medy to do something from nothing but both were on the periphery due to being well marshalled and not being on particularly good form. Teams will always double up on Zav now, and some days he will beat them all and some days he will try to do too much and lose the ball. This is why he's a L2 player.

I did think we looked lethargic though, our midfield balance doesn't look right with D'Ath instead of Bingham, it is a shame that Saunders has picked up yet another knock.

Hope we can put in a good display on Boxing Day now - we really need to do something about our away form.