What would you prefer?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Paul from Barking

Scenario 1

A humiliating loss in the replay in Brighton BUT survival in the league

OR

Scenario 2

However it comes, a win in Sussex so a match in January at Goodison.... But relegation at the end of the year?

Would you prefer to stay up - or go down?
The Romford Dagger

Stay up.

Simples
Alan

Stay up.
stanton101

No brainer for me, stay up. Lower league teams can get opportunities in the cup if all goes well from season to season, but to go down may take a long time to get back and some simply die a death. I have a novel idea, let's beat Whitehawk, enjoy the day out at Goodison and stay up. And next season go again with a new manager.
Richie

Stay up for me too
ARNU

Stay up.

But you might like to ask yourself what for though.We have not got the funds or the ambition to do anything other than bump around the bottom of this league until we do drop out of it.The best we can hope for is we get a mid table finish largely against the odds.Is that enough to entice you back again and again ??

This aint anyones fault,its just the way it is.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
mickeyblue

arnu we didnt have the funds to get out of the bloody ryman division let alone the conference.

the league is crap end off we have have just been worse than 90% of it which none of us are prepared to accept.

im greedy btw and want both and see no reason why we cant have both.

having a payday vs the toffees will help with staying up aswell, so we can get a player or 2 in of quality.
but we finished 9th!
ARNU

mickeyblue wrote:arnu we didnt have the funds to get out of the bloody ryman division let alone the conference.

the league is crap end off we have have just been worse than 90% of it which none of us are prepared to accept.

im greedy btw and want both and see no reason why we cant have both.

having a payday vs the toffees will help with staying up aswell, so we can get a player or 2 in of quality.
I agree with you MB.But the club need to instill passion in its leaders,manager,players and probably most of all ,us .Those exciting optimistic days are long gone.We are no longer the underdog,the pub team battling against the odds.We are just a very poor league 2 team that wouldn't look out of place in the league below Whitehawk,with a very unexcited following these days.The club needs a total clearout and to change its philosophy.It just wants to survive.That is it. Dosent make for much excitement does it ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Another myth that has been dispelled in the last few years.

Bristol Rovers, Barnet and now Cheltenham this year were very poor sides the year they went down but have all come back up. If the worse came to the worse we at least have a season and half money from fl to help us and that goes a long way in Confrence.

If we went down its not as bad as it was 3 years ago , but it will need a major overhaul and I think the board will make a direct appeal to John Still who lets face it ain't my cup of tea football wise but has a Confrence record second to none.
Grimsweeper

How could we bring back JS?

Burnett would still have a year on his contract.

Your not suggesting, for one minute.......
Lcbdagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Another myth that has been dispelled in the last few years.

Bristol Rovers, Barnet and now Cheltenham this year were very poor sides the year they went down but have all come back up. If the worse came to the worse we at least have a season and half money from fl to help us and that goes a long way in Confrence.

If we went down its not as bad as it was 3 years ago , but it will need a major overhaul and I think the board will make a direct appeal to John Still who lets face it ain't my cup of tea football wise but has a Confrence record second to none.
You talk a lot of sense on here Sussex but the idea that if we were to go down this season, a team relegated without (I imagine) more than a few Home wins all season in the league, would suddenly be mounting some kind of miraculous recovery in the league below is completely mad... we would go down and do an Aldershot at the very best. You can't suddenly pick up a complete inability to a Home league match after you have gone down.
Mike the Dagger

My vote is we do both. Winning at Whitehawk next week will go a long way to making survival in the FL more likely so why not.

As for instilling passion back in the club, the issue comes from the top. The fans (in the majority) are the same as those that have followed the club for years and to get them onside again just needs a demonstration of something positive happening from those at the top. The root of the issue is that our home form has been, and remains, appalling, yet we keep on with the same old, same old - same manager, same switch of random selection/formation etc. It is the Einsteinian definition of madness.

At the same time, a lot of the little things that made the place a bit special have gone too. Even when they play well, there is little rapport with the fans any more. Burnett slags the critics off every opportunity he gets (not often these days as we don't even win away much) and various dopey decisions like changing to the "swords" badge run roughshod over any kind of history and tradition we have had.

Despite all the protests from Tommo and co that they listen, they have demonstrated they don't. Time for a revolution.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Lcbdagger wrote:

You talk a lot of sense on here Sussex but the idea that if we were to go down this season, a team relegated without (I imagine) more than a few Home wins all season in the league, would suddenly be mounting some kind of miraculous recovery in the league below is completely mad... we would go down and do an Aldershot at the very best. You can't suddenly pick up a complete inability to a Home league match after you have gone down.
Why not, if we go down the Manager is a gonner even I except that and we can also get rid of the deadwood that sent us down.

Think all those teams that have gone down and come back felt the same that there was no way back but they did it.

Christ we had fans not long ago thinking we could get out of this division in the other direction.

A year and a half of League money is a big advantage.
Alan

The clubs Sussex mentions went down with bigger crowds than we get and board members/ownership structures that allowed money to be thrown at them though. And Cheltenham are not back up yet.

In the years they went down:

Barnet were getting 500 more
Cheltenham 800 more
Bristol Rovers 4,500 more

The conference has 7 teams averaging over 2,000 at home, 2 of which get over 5,000. And then there are the likes of Eastleigh and FGR who are bankrolled.
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Lcbdagger wrote:

Why not, if we go down the Manager is a gonner even I except that and we can also get rid of the deadwood that sent us down.

Think all those teams that have gone down and come back felt the same that there was no way back but they did it.

Christ we had fans not long ago thinking we could get out of this division in the other direction.

A year and a half of League money is a big advantage.
Not when your paying of a loan for the white elephant away stand. Most of any FL money will pay that off.