This seasons Mayer.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

I may have found my pet hate for the season.Im struggling to see how Chris Dickson gets a run out.I've not been impressed with him at all .Yes I seen him score in the Essex cup a few times but he hasn't looked good enough to merit 1st team football in either of those games.Today we replaced a player who struggled(D'Ath) with a player that struggles (Dickson).Certainly way less of a threat than Oberfemi and on par with our other strugglers Brian drink drive Woodall and Josh sicknote Scott.Im reluctant to offer to eat hats but I cant see many starts or goals in this league for him.Im a bit disturbed that he and the manager are "great mates"as this seems to have put him in a favourable position in terms of playing time.He certainly hasn't done it on the field for me.

Your views on Dickson rather than your views on my view please.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Still managed to get more shots off then Scott Arnu.

Also has held the ball up well deep into opposition territory on more then one occasion this season when we have been holding on

Unlucky not to score at Accrington and against Burton and Cheltenham. Think he was introduced today to give us a threat in the air. Murphy is a fantastic goal scorer but he seldom gets off the ground let alone wins anything in the air.

At least he is starting to look fit something he has not been since he got here.

Said before to see the best of him we need to play 442 with Murphy and him closer together.

To me I think its time to say goodbye to Josh Scott and Brian Woodall one who is not good enough and another who simply does not want to be good enough.

As for Dickson give him to the seasons end and see what he has done then.
ARNU

Just find him frustrating Sussex.You may well have earnt Dickson a slight stay of execution with your wisdom but its time for him to get on with it now for our sake and his I think.You're right about Woodall and sadly not to far away with your opinion of Scott.They're time has now gone Im afraid.I hope Oberfemi gets a good run now.Strangely I find Murphy infuriating at times but with his goal scoring record we can excuse that for now.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Find the whole bloody lot frustrating mate but that part and part of being a Dagger.

Thought our back four looked good and coped with everything today except we simply had to enter the Christmas spirit, Not satisfied with nearly gifting them a goal we did exactly that from the resulting corner. Time and time again we full for it and despite we are told working on it in training we seem to be no better.

Going back to your thread was it not said by somebody from within the coaching Staff that Chris Dickson would help bring Players like Goldberg on .
ARNU

Whatever happened to Alex Osborn ? I thought he was going to be the next Benno.We wheel out the likes of Woodall,Dickson and Scott time and again and I really think some of these youngsters get overlooked.They need a break and I hope Wayne can give it to them.So far he's only really blooded Jack Connors.Shields has been a very influential player every time I seen him even when Still gave him 10 minutes at the end of a game he did something.There are a number of players in the 1st team at the moment playing way under their best,we're in a good position in the league lets try a few of them out.Give Shields a start now.
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:Whatever happened to Alex Osborn ? I thought he was going to be the next Benno.We wheel out the likes of Woodall,Dickson and Scott time and again and I really think some of these youngsters get overlooked.They need a break and I hope Wayne can give it to them.So far he's only really blooded Jack Connors.Shields has been a very influential player every time I seen him even when Still gave him 10 minutes at the end of a game he did something.There are a number of players in the 1st team at the moment playing way under their best,we're in a good position in the league lets try a few of them out.Give Shields a start now.
Osborn is on loan at Ebbsfleet so he obviously isn't ready. And what about Obafemi? We've give him a chance, he's only 19.
ARNU

matt_drfc wrote:
ARNU wrote:Whatever happened to Alex Osborn ? I thought he was going to be the next Benno.We wheel out the likes of Woodall,Dickson and Scott time and again and I really think some of these youngsters get overlooked.They need a break and I hope Wayne can give it to them.So far he's only really blooded Jack Connors.Shields has been a very influential player every time I seen him even when Still gave him 10 minutes at the end of a game he did something.There are a number of players in the 1st team at the moment playing way under their best,we're in a good position in the league lets try a few of them out.Give Shields a start now.
Osborn is on loan at Ebbsfleet so he obviously isn't ready. And what about Obafemi? We've give him a chance, he's only 19.
Yes but we bought Oberfemi in from Orient,he wasn't a product of the youth set up at Daggers.I like Oberfemi,he has a far better idea of where the goal is than Dickson that's for sure.
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
Yes but we bought Oberfemi in from Orient,he wasn't a product of the youth set up at Daggers.I like Oberfemi,he has a far better idea of where the goal is than Dickson that's for sure.
You was talking about youngsters in general, Shields wasn't a youth product either, and Obafemi is/was still carrying a knock hence, he wasn't in the 18 yesterday.
ARNU

Yes I know about Oberfemi yesterday and I know Shields came from Brentwood.I said "Some of the youngsters get overlooked".Shields is ready for a go I think,so it seems he gets overlooked.What he lacks in height and physique he makes up for with ability.He wont get any taller that's for sure but I don't think we can leave him out forever.I see what Wayne was doing yesterday and on paper it made sense,however he'd have done better using Scott because if Josh gets a shot off its got more chance of going in than one of Dicksons feeble passes.Goldberg is another midget but the boy can play.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Give over Arnu if Josh hsd shot at Arch Duke Ferdinand WW1 could have been avoided.

He has had more chances then a Monopoly set and at Oxford once again proved he is as about as much use as an impotent Dick at an Orgy
ARNU

Yes indeed Mr Sussex sadly I have to agree,but Dickson doesn't seem to be the answer or any great improvement from what I seen so far. Josh could have run around yesterday just as aimlessly as Dicko did and we wouldn't have really noticed any difference.Its bad though when a certain player comes on and your whole enthusiasm for the game and life in fact, just disappears.I had the same gut wrenching feeling when the teamsheet was read out every time Tomlin,Savage,Phil Ifil,Jamie Day,Kevin Maher(Though he redeemed himself in the end...well..a bit anyway) and later on Dom Green and Mark Arbers name was mentioned as starting.You might not agree with all my choices but I know you know what I mean mate LOL!

Can you remember Peterbrough away on relegation day,we were all full of hope then we noticed no Abs and Ifil poncing around warming up instead.A part of us just died didnt it ? Our fate was sealed.
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:Yes I know about Oberfemi yesterday and I know Shields came from Brentwood.I said "Some of the youngsters get overlooked".Shields is ready for a go I think,so it seems he gets overlooked.What he lacks in height and physique he makes up for with ability.He wont get any taller that's for sure but I don't think we can leave him out forever.I see what Wayne was doing yesterday and on paper it made sense,however he'd have done better using Scott because if Josh gets a shot off its got more chance of going in than one of Dicksons feeble passes.Goldberg is another midget but the boy can play.
Right, so the point about coming from the academy had no relevance to what you was saying.. But anyway, I also feel Shields would do well after seeing his ESC performance, but Burnett is the manager and Shields/Goldberg/Osborn obviously aren't ready yet. It made sense to bring on Dickson a big lump for the defenders to think about, to be fair to him his appearance is deceiving, he clearly isn't someone that likes the ball hoofed up to him as you would have seen in the ESC game he plays on the shoulder of the last defender like Murphy, hoping for balls in behind. That's not easy to do when the opposition are winning and drop their defence further back, there's less space in behind. I think Dickson needs to start a couple of games OR come on when we're winning and we'll see more of him when there's more space in the game. He certainly has something about him, but it's just games he needs. He's better than Scott without doubt.
ARNU

matt_drfc wrote:
ARNU wrote:Yes I know about Oberfemi yesterday and I know Shields came from Brentwood.I said "Some of the youngsters get overlooked".Shields is ready for a go I think,so it seems he gets overlooked.What he lacks in height and physique he makes up for with ability.He wont get any taller that's for sure but I don't think we can leave him out forever.I see what Wayne was doing yesterday and on paper it made sense,however he'd have done better using Scott because if Josh gets a shot off its got more chance of going in than one of Dicksons feeble passes.Goldberg is another midget but the boy can play.
Right, so the point about coming from the academy had no relevance to what you was saying.. But anyway, I also feel Shields would do well after seeing his ESC performance, but Burnett is the manager and Shields/Goldberg/Osborn obviously aren't ready yet. It made sense to bring on Dickson a big lump for the defenders to think about, to be fair to him his appearance is deceiving, he clearly isn't someone that likes the ball hoofed up to him as you would have seen in the ESC game he plays on the shoulder of the last defender like Murphy, hoping for balls in behind. That's not easy to do when the opposition are winning and drop their defence further back, there's less space in behind. I think Dickson needs to start a couple of games OR come on when we're winning and we'll see more of him when there's more space in the game. He certainly has something about him, but it's just games he needs. He's better than Scott without doubt.
I do get it,the reason for bringing on Dickson.Id say my knowledge of Scott is good though and on his day Dickson wouldn't lace his boots.Josh's problem is he rarely has a day now.He did well v Exeter and I thought we'd got our Josh back and also v Brentford in the cup.It looks to me like Dickson is playing because he's old mates with the manager,I hope Im wrong.We all know Josh can be mustard,same with Woodall but we don't know it about Dickson and have yet to see it.Dickson took his goals well v Thurrock and Romford but never came out of either game as MOM in fact v Romford he and Josh were both very shit.To me,all 3 of them,probably should be at Ebbsfleet or Dartford or somewhere like that,not wasting their and our time at Dagenham anymore.Im sure we aint seen the last of Dicko just yet so I hope he improves dramatically.Im not holding my breathe though.
Penfold

On a lighter note, a lad playing for Lowestoft town called Jake Reed has scored 7 goals in 12 appearances so far this season.....

Maybe we should take a look? Might give us an attacking threat up top? :lol:
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"