This is Fair Warning

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Been speaking to a lot of deluded Pompey Fans tonight.

All crying in their beer about their poor teams plight. They are trumpeting the new Manager and deriding the old. When I asked did Whittingham ever fail to win a game in 12 and did they see the Crawley result thought I was pushing my luck and took my leave. Since he teamed up with Gregory Crawley have not lost and Portsmouth cant win

However was concerned to learn that most of their goals come from set pieces this season.

So come on Daggers no late Christmas presents we gave an early one to Torquay today. This is the game of all games to some of us who live in these parts really want to stick it up them

On Thursday Wayne pits his wits against the worst Manager in Britain on current form, there can only be one winner surely.
Phippo

Are you forgetting it's the teams struggling that Daggers are most benevolent to!
Dagdale

Funny enough been reading loads of Portsmouth forums last day or two and to say there totally at loggerheads and peed off with their club and its playing staff is an understatement and 'from the outside looking in' feel if they get a draw with us that' ll be a good result. Two sides to this, one I'll make the effort no beloved trains and hopefully expect an early quiet M25 and a fair crack at a parking space and Daggers not to falter against an ailing side, or secondly please call it off through a waterlogged pitch and return to a more normal passage where we could have many more fans (they say were bring 500 odd fans B/d??) maybe midweek, trains and tubes and not to have a teetotal Xmas Day.
TheLion

If they are well versed at scoring from set pieces and Lewy continues to stay on his line, then the only definite outcome that I predict is both teams to score.

The question is who will score the most or do we come home with a draw.

I expected Portsmouth to walk this league this season but that probably shows why I should avoid backing both teams to score!

Anyway, this season to date has been much better than the previous two seasons.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well you could see thst coming cant say we were not warned.
Dagdale

Can anybody see us getting back on track now after another depressing loss? We just seem to have lost rhythm on containing and taking control of a game with an out and out positive attitude evaporated. Got there well early (lucky cause smash after smash, black ice & fog ? and final shut down of A3 last 15 miles or so out of Portsmouth)and nearly every Pompey fan I met except one a hot dog seller of all people hadn't a clue when there 'tables were turning' and holy s**t it had to be against us and doing them a great Christmas present. First half again awful, except without Scott Doe it probably would have been 3-0, Their left winger was crusifying us down left flank and we held on till just before half-time. Our subs were bought on second half, just after Dickson missed a sitter and we did at least pressure them really well and must say especially last 20 minutes we were dead unlucky not to pinch a goal and truthfully they really tried hard but why oh why have we seem to have bottled it again and more frustrating to say against a team, up until today were diving even lower than us lately. Hate to think outcome now at top side Chesterfield Sunday, you know what were probably rise up to this one!
Dagger In The Heart

I'm fed up of conceding goals from corners
SUSSEX DAGGER

Its not only conceading tho its the cheapness of some of these corners and free kicks. Half of them are preventable. Give up wasting time at training Wayne you might as well piss in the wind. Last 5 goals we have concesded have come from restarts .
Richie

I defended the players after Saturday but today was pretty damn poor. Just head a bloody corner away!!

Doey was immense though, best player on the pitch by a mile.
SUSSEX DAGGER

All we needed was to keep the ball longer. We were playing a team who had the ball gifted to them so often it was embarrassing and the fact they did nothing with it tells you what a poor team they really were.

Today we played a team who were simply dreadful and the fact they ended up as deserved winners said all you need to know how poor we were. Apart from the goal we defended ok but simply had nothing going forward. Don't think first half any of our Midfielders looked good enough and our front two were simply not at the races.

Second half for some reason Pompey went deeper and deeper and were shaking like a shitting dog at the end and we ended the game on the front foot simply because our opponents looked terrified of losing what we had gifted them.

It cant be just a coincidence that our problems appear to have started since Billy Bingham got injured, with the absence also of Matt Saunders we have nobody who can ping a pass.

Nine points off the dreaded bottom two tonight and after already writing off Sunday the New Years day clash with Wimbledon looks a massive game . Forget talk about playoffs we are only heading one way at present.
ThatRoundThing

On the positive side Sussex we are only 10pts away from League leaders.

Yesterday was dire, I agree Doe was doing more than his own shift as Hoyte was getting beaten by the winger almost every time.

Femi has only a left foot, why cut inside, only to then have to go outside again to get a cross in.

For my own amusement I read the Sun player ratings this morning - Dickson got 3pts, I don't think I've ever seen a player awarded such a low score.

Can we please find a player in the squad that can take a descent corner, if not teach one or two players how to. Maybe many of our football playing Home fans can have a half-time corner comp and show the team and coaches how it is done.

The very friendly but pessimistic Pompey fans I met in the pub before the game said their team trained on Christmas Day.
Pompey manager on local radio after the game stated that Dagenham had a big problem defending corners and other set pieces, so they worked on that. We'll it worked Wayne, please note for future games all teams will be exploring that avenue for their goals.