Prediction v Whitehawk

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

It seems incredible that we're facing a replay down at Whitehawk, but there you go, they deserved a second chance and we were arsehole lucky to still be in the hat for the 3rd round. Saturday's result at Crawley was no big surprise, if any team defends as badly as we do, they lose, simple as that. I hope we get a enjoyable day out at Goodison, I just pray that WB and his merry men aren't in charge to witness it!

Whitehawk 2-3 Daggers
JC (2)
Dunne

Att 670 (190)
Auntie Merge

I'm not going to predict the score; you know what I want. But I think the attendance might be 998 (230 daggers).
I've been to Whitehawk before when they played Bognor in the 4qr of the FA Cup on 2 November 1988 and there were quite a lot of other floating supporters present. Yes, it was a local derby but the fact we are there for the taking would make it quite an appealing game for someone who has never seen us play.
Diggerthedog

I predict a riot I predict a riot..........if we lose.

Think it will sell out or near enough with 250 of us.

Have lumped on Whitehawk to make the defeat more easier and pay for the trip (if I make it) but if we win I won't care.
mickeyblue

2 wingers we win
a stupid formation with a player in no mans land we get smashed.

im going for a 2-1 victory mom cousins.

daggers 309
but we finished 9th!
dagger4eva

Call me Mystic Dag or whatever but I can see almost minute by minute what will happen.

Whitehawk will be ontop for large parts but we will somehow eek out the squirmiest win in FA Cup history.

Wayne & Co. will all come over milking an applause as though we'd won the cup itself.

Return to league action again on Saturday where we lose miserably to Bristol Rovers .... but its ok hey, we all have a trip to Goodison to look forward to.

whitehawk 0
Daggers 1
Near sellout crowd (whatever that is) with about 200 away fans
Richie

0-0. We win 0-2 in ET
Woodford Dagger

I predict numerous amounts of Dagenham fans jumping off the end of Brighton Pier if we lose.
The Romford Dagger

1-3

1352 attendance (305 aways)
NBDag

I'm shocked that so many seem to think we will scrape a win. I'm convinced that we will lose to this bunch of nobodies. You could just tell from the moment that 63 ball was pulled out of the hat to play Everton, that tomorrow night would be a very embarrassing night for Dagenham.

Christ I wish that I will be proved wrong though.
IanC

I have two predictions,the one I think and the one I dreamt.I think we're gonna go out on pens just to really rub it in.The dream was amazing,we got battered 4-1,amazingly Wayne kept his job and we slipped out the football league,and Thommo walked out to become the mayor of Barking and Dagenham!And great news for most in the upstairs bar our first game of the season back in the conf was away at Gatesheeeeeeed!
stanton101

IanC wrote:I have two predictions,the one I think and the one I dreamt.I think we're gonna go out on pens just to really rub it in.The dream was amazing,we got battered 4-1,amazingly Wayne kept his job and we slipped out the football league,and Thommo walked out to become the mayor of Barking and Dagenham!And great news for most in the upstairs bar our first game of the season back in the conf was away at Gatesheeeeeeed!
I'll have a cockle on your dream, it'll save me money on us beating Whitehawk.
Dagdale

Its only two and a half weeks ago we almost put in a well deserved three pointer against high flying Plymouth, coaching staff and players no need to look any further than that to relise we do have the ability to take this non league outfit on the South coast to shreds, no if's or but's the job's gotta be done tomorrow, I think in 90 minutes we have enough in the tank if we kick-off with the right attitude, thus may only come a one nil, extra time I'd be shi**ing a brick. Surely every dagger player playing tomorrow nights pinnacle of their career would be to set foot on the Goodison turf early next year in our grand F.A Cup, what more motivation do you need!
Corinthian

Well said Dagdale. We do have the players and the ability. We need the belief, the right formation and tactics. All have been in short supply . Tomorrow's game could be a turning point in all sorts of ways!
IanC

Watching bt's offering tonight will probably be the same tomorrow night,the league two team look ****** clueless and the non league team are all over em.Oh yeah just like the first game.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Until Mick The Dagger pissed on my fireworks I thought the last death goal at home cost us a trip to Hartlepool .

However we were in fact 30 seconds from Goodison and that is as far as we are going to get to Liverpool until a CONFRENCE game at Tranmere next season.

I look at all the facts and reason for this and you can not escape the one crucial fact , in the first game Whitehawk looked a far far better team.

To even have a chance we need to score at least twice and I just can't see it.

Whitehawk 1 Dagenham o