worse than last year

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
HogansHeros

their has been all this over rating of this squad when they dont realise last year after Burton we had 1 more point than now
leewilson

Not really. First half of last season we were pretty good. Gayle and Williams formed a decent partnership up front and we scored a fair few goals. There were some entertaining games like the 4-3 over Bradford etc. We suffered the odd frustration like the first few games where we just couldn't get that win despite playing alright. But largely we looked secure with a spark up front in certain games. However, 2nd half of the season we lost Gayle and Williams missed the last 10 games or so with an injury and we really struggled for goals. It's very similar this season. If we lose Murphy and Hines, then I really worry that we will begin to struggle again. If we keep both of them though, we'll finish solidly in the league with an outside play off chance (as there is potential for this side to go on a run).
ARNU

Im not sure theres anybody who really thinks we are worse than last year,look at the squad we had then to now.We've remained pretty steady and used far less players.We haven't really had anyone whose been an outstanding flop either.Dickson and D'ath need a good game now to keep me and others quiet but we don't have any real stinkers do we.Woodall who cant be bothered is probably our only real waster,poor ol Josh now fit cant get a look in and if his Oxford performance is anything to go by he'll be Ebbsfleet bound when his contract runs out.Shame cos I thought he had so much potential.I've normally got a death list of wasters by this time in the season so we've made brilliant progress I think.I fear Hines and Murphy will be on their way in January and if Wayne dosent have a decent replacement or 2 lined up then worse than last year will be more of a reality...but not now.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggers No 2 Fan

ARNU wrote:look at the squad we had then to now.We've remained pretty steady and used far less players.
Last season we used 30 players in total. 9 of those hadn't played (or even been signed in most cases) by this time last season.
So far this season we've used 23 players.

I think we're in about the same sort of position as last year. If we don't lose players we should be okay. If we lose players like we did last season, we may have problems.
ARNU

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
ARNU wrote:look at the squad we had then to now.We've remained pretty steady and used far less players.
Last season we used 30 players in total. 9 of those hadn't played (or even been signed in most cases) by this time last season.
So far this season we've used 23 players.

I think we're in about the same sort of position as last year. If we don't lose players we should be okay. If we lose players like we did last season, we may have problems.
We only had one player last year that we worried about losing (Gayle) and he'd already gone by now hadn't he.I think we fretted about the possibility of losing Wilky but I cant remember us being at all concerned about anyone else going.This season Hines and Murphy are our only realistic worries in terms of them getting a better offer elsewhere but if they went I still think we would hang on as long as we didn't go back to hoofing it.I hope Wayne has a plan B for the 2nd half of the season though as the money will be too great to turn down if an offer came in for either.I personally think the 2 players owe it to us to see us safe this year as we have clearly given them a vehicle to kickstart their careers.But they will probably go right away and we'll have to deal with it sooner or later.
Richie

Unless the offers are huge I'd be annoyed at the club if we sold in Jan. I know we're a selling club but after the Gayle money we can surely have one season without selling. And in fairness I think we will.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Who is hoing to buy Zav . Anybody who wants him will surely wait four months and grt him for nothing.
Kevin

Personally, I'm not really interested in all these stats, win percentages, ratios, gearing, averages, points per game, etc. I simply go over to see the match itself, rather than delving into Optima Stats..there's people who are paid to look at that stuff.

So far, I've enjoyed watching the games more this season, than I have for the last three.

Was pretty frustrated on Saturday but, looking back, we could have been at least 2 or 3 up by half time..was just one of those days.

Our squad is pretty wafer-thin..hopefully the main guys will stay fit, not be sold to Peterborough & we can have a half-decent season!
Lcbdagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Who is hoing to buy Zav . Anybody who wants him will surely wait four months and grt him for nothing.
Spot on... anyone who pushing for a promotion spot probably has a decent enough team anyway to not need Zav. Anyone else would have no reason to pay a fee now when he is on a one year contract.
ARNU

Maybe a championship or league 1 side struggling to stay up might find a use for him.