Luton Appear To Have Done It..............

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DI Mike Dashwood

Mike the Dagger

http://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/article ... 55913.aspx

"After an inconsistent past 12 months of performances and results on the field, all of the Hatters’ Board felt, with a heavy heart, that a change in manager was necessary in order to turn around the team’s fortunes which has seen the Town slip to 17th place in the League 2 table."
DagenHammer87

Get him back as a director of football.

Spend the money we would have used replacing Wayne and hiring someone else and give the team a bigger budget out of the cup money.
dagger4eva

If our board have an OUNCE of a clue they would IMMEDIATLEY get rid of the 3 stooges (we can surely now afford it with the Everton payday confirmed) get John & Terry back on a quick fix short term, 6 month contract only & no more just with the sole aim of keeping us up and then lets look again in the summer for a fresh manager, fresh ideas and fresh players.

Act now Tommo - PLEASE !
daggersjeff

They can obviously afford it.........

But no sorry, I don't want them back here!
Hardy1

If he loves the club as much as he says he does, he would come back without wages and push the current management system back into there coaching roles. No outlay, just a passionate man back. But would he want to work for Thompson again given the Dwight Gayle situation or were both sides spinning that at the time to make the situation seem someone else's fault?

A lot of people would like to see Stilly back, I would put myself in that camp too.
SUSSEX DAGGER

From where I am standing we need more then John Still , Harry Houdini would have a job escaping this mess
Masked Man

winning last night means the club DO now have the money to sack Wayne.

He better get his ******** finger out now then.

Last Chance Saloon.... Best of luck, fella.
Phippo

I do not have a short memory. Bearing in mind all that John Still did for this club, I also remember the manner of his leaving! I also remember just as vividly the dross dished up on the field (especially the latter 2 years of his reign)! We need to look forward, not back!
DagenHammer87

Long term is not what we need right now.

Winning matches is what we need right now. I say go for broke while we still have a place in the football league than slide away and keep the dream of the football league as something to aim for.

Let's worry about the future come may.Stay up and you have the luxury of looking long term.
Masked Man

DagenHammer87 wrote:Long term is not what we need right now.

Winning matches is what we need right now. I say go for broke while we still have a place in the football league than slide away and keep the dream of the football league as something to aim for.

Let's worry about the future come may.Stay up and you have the luxury of looking long term.
Perfect post! Great attitude!
Corinthian

I have great respect for what John Still achieved with the Daggers. He played a direct game using the resources he had available and for the most part it was effective if not very attractive to watch. He went to Luton, had more resources , and better squad than he did at D&R and Luton are currently 17th in the table when they probably should be expecting to be challenging for a Play Off spot. So I must say that I am not entirely convinced that JS would be our saviour even if he and the board wanted it to happen. My guess is that WB and his team will be with us until mid January 2016 and if the results over the go well over the next 5 or 6 games until the end of the season.

Footnote: I do not know what the provocation was at the end of the game last night but WH's behaviour, displayed on TV to thousands , did not show the club in a very good light . I doubt if we will get one but I think there should be at the very least an apology from WH not for what he got so angry because he may have some justification about but how he conducted himself as representative of D&R FC.
DI Mike Dashwood

Why are people trying to make something of the Hackett incident?? I get some people may not like him for whatever reason, that's their call. I get that people might not think he is a great coach baring in mind our results, again, I can see why people think that.

But in this instance I think people are giving him hard time over nothing. I have not seen it, but sounds like he got involved in a bit of a skirmish with their manager and there was some bad language knocking about?? Is that it??

Things to remember. Their manager is a Grade A wally, so may well have done something to cause an issue. Secondly, our coaching staff are under a lot of pressure as we all know, and an incident occurs and one of them lets out a bit of emotion and gets a bit carried away in having a go at someone. Not great I guess, but not really worth hanging the bloke out to dry over is it!!
bloke down the pub

There managers a Wally. Ours is not good enough to be called a Wally.
Phippo

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Why are people trying to make something of the Hackett incident?? I get some people may not like him for whatever reason, that's their call. I get that people might not think he is a great coach baring in mind our results, again, I can see why people think that.

But in this instance I think people are giving him hard time over nothing. I have not seen it, but sounds like he got involved in a bit of a skirmish with their manager and there was some bad language knocking about?? Is that it??

Things to remember. Their manager is a Grade A wally, so may well have done something to cause an issue. Secondly, our coaching staff are under a lot of pressure as we all know, and an incident occurs and one of them lets out a bit of emotion and gets a bit carried away in having a go at someone. Not great I guess, but not really worth hanging the bloke out to dry over is it!!
I have seen Hacketts reaction to whatever "provoked" him, and to me it was totally unacceptable! He is in a very responsible position within the club and it's (allegedly!) not the first time he has acted so irresponsible. Maybe in a few days we may be advised there was a ............................ ....................................oh no I wont go there!