Luton Appear To Have Done It..............

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
leewilson

Still for me was trying to play the same brand of football but with better footballers whose abilities don't necessarily reflect a scrap. A manager with a different style will get more out of them.

With the current players we have, I think Still's approach could work here. We do have a rather limited backline and his approach to not mess around with it back there will help. I also think Doidge is a perfect player for Still to work with up front and he has a goalscorer in Curo who will benefit from the pressure a Still team should put on others. Dunne and Labadie are the sort of hard working duo to pick up the 2nd balls. And Jones could well be the exciting winger that may flourish under Still.

I don't think it could be any worse than our current attempts to play 4-4-2 at an extremely slow tempo and with the backbone of a slug.
davei

Bringing JS back now is a no brainer. If you took out his name and placed his resume up against any other lower league manager looking for a position, based on his overall success, as I say, it is a no brainer. He will not be out of a job for too long I am pretty sure of that.

Arnu, I understand the issues around his departure before, and I was for sure one of those indicating his time was up. But there are times when a change is as good as a rest, and in that scenario, a change and a rest was needed.

If the board have any balls, if they have not picked up the telephone, they should do it now...............(chances are they won't though)
ARNU

davei wrote:Arnu, I understand the issues around his departure before, and I was for sure one of those indicating his time was up. But there are times when a change is as good as a rest, and in that scenario, a change and a rest was needed.
Its business at the end of the day.People have a short memory though.We were total pants for the seasons following our relegation from league 1.I'd wager everyone would say we had far better players then.JS is a conference wizard,we're in league 2.If you want to see Scott Griffiths,Benno,Ollie lee,CMS,Solomon Taiwo,Wilky and Ben strevens back in a daggers shirt I s'pose he'll float your boat.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
davei

Arnu, I have long said this is all about business, and hiring (back) a successful coach makes good business sense.

As in any relationship be it sports or other, there comes a time when the relationship has just run it's course. I have long said that JS is the very best lower league manager I can recall and stand by that. At the same time, I was one of only a few people who was calling early for a change prior to our relegation from Div 3 because that really is where John's abilities begin to run out of steam and it was showing. Vindelot used to give me shit all the time about using baseball analogies, but it works every time.

The good ship Dagenham & Redbridge is lost at sea right now and beginning to head in to dangerous waters and the current captain (coach) has neither the skill nor abilities to right the ship. Bringing JS in for a 2 or 3 year spell would help the club get figured out and I would almost guarantee have an immediate positive impact at the turnstiles.
Dagger Steve

ARNU wrote:
davei wrote:Arnu, I understand the issues around his departure before, and I was for sure one of those indicating his time was up. But there are times when a change is as good as a rest, and in that scenario, a change and a rest was needed.
Its business at the end of the day.People have a short memory though.
I suppose if we all have to forgot our non league roots, and our beef with Steve Evans etc ; you can have some memory loss on how hard done by you felt when stilly left.
SUSSEX DAGGER

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Why are people trying to make something of the Hackett incident?? I get some people may not like him for whatever reason, that's their call. I get that people might not think he is a great coach baring in mind our results, again, I can see why people think that.

But in this instance I think people are giving him hard time over nothing. I have not seen it, but sounds like he got involved in a bit of a skirmish with their manager and there was some bad language knocking about?? Is that it??

Things to remember. Their manager is a Grade A wally, so may well have done something to cause an issue. Secondly, our coaching staff are under a lot of pressure as we all know, and an incident occurs and one of them lets out a bit of emotion and gets a bit carried away in having a go at someone. Not great I guess, but not really worth hanging the bloke out to dry over is it!!
Because it is a witch hunt Mike, how People can rush to judgement when they don't know the facts. They do not even know who the altercation was with. if they did that would immediately ruin a good hounding.

Was it Mark Twain who said "a lie is halfway round the World before the truth even has got it's boots on.

I will just say well done Warren proud of you and leave it at that, and I don't mind who was watching
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Why are people trying to make something of the Hackett incident?? I get some people may not like him for whatever reason, that's their call. I get that people might not think he is a great coach baring in mind our results, again, I can see why people think that.

But in this instance I think people are giving him hard time over nothing. I have not seen it, but sounds like he got involved in a bit of a skirmish with their manager and there was some bad language knocking about?? Is that it??

Things to remember. Their manager is a Grade A wally, so may well have done something to cause an issue. Secondly, our coaching staff are under a lot of pressure as we all know, and an incident occurs and one of them lets out a bit of emotion and gets a bit carried away in having a go at someone. Not great I guess, but not really worth hanging the bloke out to dry over is it!!
Because it is a witch hunt Mike, how People can rush to judgement when they don't know the facts. They do not even know who the altercation was with. if they did that would immediately ruin a good hounding.

Was it Mark Twain who said "a lie is halfway round the World before the truth even has got it's boots on.

I will just say well done Warren proud of you and leave it at that, and I don't mind who was watching
Yeh it's a pain that the altercation wasn't shown live on TV so we could see who it was with.
Oh.
Voice of reason

A non Daggers supporting friend actually texted me while it was going on as I left the stadium to say how unpleasant the altercation looked as he it watched it on BT Sport
IanC

For the 2nd time this week from me,who cares zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Phippo

Call it a witch hunt if it suits you! I offer a completely unbiased view on what i see! Warren was being physically restrained during the "altercation". Staying calm was surely the best option, and walking away would have been suffice?
ARNU

I think I've been misunderstood here. Saying "its business" was meant to display my feeling that bringing John Still back might be a good thing in a business sense.Only short term though.How he left and when he left was not good.He pretty much tried to take the whole set up with him to Luton.That was the actions of a so called Dagger I think trying to shit on us from a very great height.

Stilly might get a few more people thru the turnstiles,raise morale a bit initially but we'll still bump around the bottom 5 and I wouldnt be surprised if you all wanted Burnett back6 months down the line.John Still left because he needed a new project so he says.Whats new about this one ??

Nostalgia is a funny thing.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

If we got Stilly back (and I'm certainly FOR the idea) - I'd want it only to be on a very short term basis (til mid May) to HOPEFULLY get us boost morale, actually set up, organise and manage the current squad we have and frankly get the club out the shit we find ourselves in.

After that, I'd like to see him swan off into the sunset and leave us to have complete fresh start for the pre season of 2016-17
Adrian

IanC wrote:For the 2nd time this week from me,who cares zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Some of the posters on here care. That's why it's been mentioned a couple of times.
Why comment if you don't care?
Paul from Barking

Why don't e just ask the fat one from Leeds - a certain Mr Evans - to come and manage the club.... He's have it all sorted out provided we could give him a couple of boxes of manilla envelopes
RampantDuke

Adrian wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:

Yeh it's a pain that the altercation wasn't shown live on TV so we could see who it was with.
Oh.
As someone who got to see it on the box 'live' I thought it was fantastic to see a bit of passion from our coaches no matter how it manifests itself. I was too busy dancing round the living room for it to bother me that much but for me football = passion and I expect to see a few tear ups along the way. I certainly wasn't embarrassed by the boy Hackett.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!