Prediction v Bristol Rovers

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

Well we did it, we got through in the end, but Christ we just don't do things the easy way! So this Saturday we return to league action and the visit of Bristol Rovers. Points are of paramount importance, but sadly I can't see us getting anything from this. There were a lot of tired legs out there on Wednesday and with Dunne missing from our line up (God knows why he was sent off) it doesn't bode well. Hoping for a draw, but just don't see it happening. What do you think?

Daggers 1-3 Bristol Rovers
Vassell

Att 2,147 (700)
The Romford Dagger

stanton101 wrote:Well we did it, we got through in the end, but Christ we just don't do things the easy way! So this Saturday we return to league action and the visit of Bristol Rovers. Points are of paramount importance, but sadly I can't see us getting anything from this. There were a lot of tired legs out there on Wednesday and with Dunne missing from our line up (God knows why he was sent off) it doesn't bode well. Hoping for a draw, but just don't see it happening. What do you think?

Daggers 1-3 Bristol Rovers
Vassell

Att 2,147 (700)

1-2 Rovers

1990 (487)
daggersjeff

1-1 JC

Bristol Rvs, Cambridge, Stevenage and Exeter before the cup tie, so a a 3 match ban will see him back for the Exeter match. Must admit didnt think he had his best game for us on Wednesday.
And of course, January brings the good old transfer window.............
SUSSEX DAGGER

daggersjeff wrote:1-1 JC

Bristol Rvs, Cambridge, Stevenage and Exeter before the cup tie, so a a 3 match ban will see him back for the Exeter match. Must admit didnt think he had his best game for us on Wednesday.
And of course, January brings the good old transfer window.............
It's only a one game ban.

Got to look to win this surely , they have lost to Chesham and only beat poor York with a late goal last week.

Daggers 2.0
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
It's only a one game ban.

Got to look to win this surely , they have lost to Chesham and only beat poor York with a late goal last week.

Daggers 2.0
Dunne out means the inevitable, Boucaud in. We still have no wins this season when Boucaud starts. Pattern to continue and at best its a draw.

1-0 up, 2-1 down as usual I reckon.
DaggerJoel11

So, after the euphoria of Wednesday's victory at Whitehawk, it's back to league action in the penultimate home game of 2015, where Bristol Rovers are the opposition. We have a decent record against them as well. Brian Woodall's hat-trick saw us win 4-0 in the last home game of the 2011/12 campaign, and I also recall the lesser-spotted Danny Green sealing the win with a sublime individual finish.After that I seem to remember a 2-0 success. Now we're in pretty much the same predicament as then, need points urgently, but I'm sitting on the fence and predicting a 2-2 draw. It was a tough encounter on a draining pitch, not to mention extra time, and we're without Dunne who cannot appeal his baffling sending off. Although I'd like to see Raymond fill his position everyone knows it'll be Boucaud which means a defensive and reluctant approach when attacking. Jones needs to start after Whitehawk's pitch didn't 'suit his dribbling skills' because despite the win the amount of chances we spurned is inexcusable for a league club. The last game I went to was Crawley and I was really pleased with Passley. Although I was watching it on BT, it was evident he is accustomed to that position and constitutes another start. I hope he retains his position today.

Daggers 2 (Cureton 4, Jones 72)
Rovers 2 - Attendance 2042
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Pondfield Dagger

so often after a mid week cup game with extra time, teams are not as sharp as they should be for sat game...Bristol rovers 8th, although recent away form poor...

no dunne as well? that a big blow...

dire 1-1 draw
Voice of reason

Be interesting to see if JC starts
It may be heresy to say it but JC is caught offside an alarming number of times in almost every game
The result is usually the opposition launching another hoof from the resulting free kick into our penalty area
Putting whoever has been selected in defence or goal for that particular game under pressure from what started out as a ball forward to our front men
Kevin

A certain 3-0 win - a couple from Boucard's smeggy beard, followed up by a wonder-strike via Zavon Hines cartilage.

With the club buoyant following this, plus the epic FA Cup run, significant contract extensions all round should ensue.

:shock:
ARNU

Id imagine we played our selves out at Whitehawk.I think normal service will be resumed with either a 1-1 draw with a Rovers equaliser in the 94th minute,.Or a late goal that leaves us once again defeated at home.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

Great is saying a close 2-1 defeat with a much changed starting XI, had says Doidge well miss a hatfull then score the winner late on