Wycombe rant

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mick

Things have not been right since Burnett's player rant after beating Wycombe.

Thought it was unwarranted at the time and didn't understand the need for it.

Is/has this having an effect on the players?

Something is not right!
ARNU

My thoughts exactly.I think if you are called pathetic when you've done well what does he say when you are poor.I got the question to Wayne in on "Ask Wayne" a week or so ago and he did sort of admit he was harsh.I'm also concerned he never really shows too much excitement when we win.Those comments would have affected some players for sure.

I couldn't go today but my son has text me about Dicksons miss,apparently one out of Marvin Morgans book (I was there for that one).Like I said the other day when Dickson gets on,let alone is in the starting line up you know you have a problem.No doubt others will be on here to defend him in yet another defeat he features in but theres a pattern emerging with the boy.

Cant see where our next points are coming from to be honest,maybe a draw with Wombles new years day.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:My thoughts exactly.I think if you are called pathetic when you've done well what does he say when you are poor.I got the question to Wayne in on "Ask Wayne" a week or so ago and he did sort of admit he was harsh.I'm also concerned he never really shows too much excitement when we win.Those comments would have affected some players for sure.

I couldn't go today but my son has text me about Dicksons miss,apparently one out of Marvin Morgans book (I was there for that one).Like I said the other day when Dickson gets on,let alone is in the starting line up you know you have a problem.No doubt others will be on here to defend him in yet another defeat he features in but theres a pattern emerging with the boy.

Cant see where our next points are coming from to be honest,maybe a draw with Wombles new years day.
I sort of defended Dickson, I wanted him to start so we could see him when there's more space around the pitch. But after today, I hold my hands up, I was wrong. He was absolutely useless and lazy, he didn't chase the ball at all, and the miss, well the less said about that the better. The cheers when he was substituted were a reflection of how bad he was!

The whole team were poor and just never turned up, passes not reaching their target, poor touches and shocking effort in general to be honest. Elito went off at HT and he was arguably our best player, so unless it was an injury I can't understand that. D'ath did ok when he came on, he at least tried to get the ball moving. Murphy worked relatively hard (just doesn't jump at all). Doe was our best player to be honest and dealt with Agyemang well. Hines, Ogogo and Hoyte had their worst games of the season in my opinion. You would think that playing someone like Portsmouth would have made the players up for the game but it was the complete opposite. Very disappointed, Portsmouth fully deserved the win.
Richie

Dickson was no worse than Murphy, Hoyte or Ogogo - Practically everyone bar Doe - he's just the fall guy at the moment.
ARNU

Richie wrote:Dickson was no worse than Murphy, Hoyte or Ogogo - Practically everyone bar Doe - he's just the fall guy at the moment.
That is probably fair Richie.But the way to stop being the fall guy for Dickson is to tackle,track back,defend,score and put in a performance that dosent look half arsed.To be fair Ogogo Murphy Hines and Hoyte are can have an off game as they have shown that they are generally 100% effort merchants....unlike Dickson so far.
leewilson

Obvious but we miss Billy Bingham as Howell and Ogogo struggle to do anything remotely creative or quick when on the ball. Playing a 4-4-2 with Howell and Ogogo expecting to link with Murphy and Dickson was never going to work. Dickson and Murphy don't look anything like a partnership either.

Scott Doe was outstanding. Femi was good defensively but poor on the ball. Thought D'Ath coming on was much needed and he linked up far better with the players around him than various others.

I honestly don't think the 'rant' has made a blind bit of difference. Because we've slipped up in one game at home (where we didn't capitalise on good opportunities), some people seem to think the manager is in the process of losing his players. As for the away form, we were poor away before and have been for years.This may have been masked slightly early on by 2 late draws and a win over 10 man Southend (where we nearly invited them to equalise). For some reason when we play away (or whenever I see us play away), our fundamentals on the ball seem to go out the window and everything becomes disjointed. We give the ball away in stupid areas that we would rarely concede possession in at home and just seem to completely panic everywhere. At home this season, I'd say most games we've had 7,8,9 players functioning at a good level. Away this seems to decrease by a couple of players and you can count on one hand the players who have had a good game. We just don't function as a group. Today I counted Doe, Lewington and D'Ath whilst Femi and Saah defended alright but their use of the ball was shocking. Saah especially who could apparantly see Murphy sitting in Row F of the stand time after time.
ARNU

Going back to the rant.I dont think it helped.It put me in mind of the incident when Phil brown that day sat his Hull players down on the pitch at half time and told them all off publicly.I see why he did it but boy did it backfire.I have been a firm advocate of using the big stick when necessary but I still don't think it was that particular day,and even if it was,it should have been dealt with behind closed doors.Wayne could have said on the radio,yeah we won but I think we've probably played better,still we got the 3 points,yippee! Then caned em in the dressing room.The players agreeing publicly with the managers point of view is bollocks,what else can they say if they want to play regularly.Wayne did say anyone disagreeing with him could come and have a chat in his office in a rather sinister way.Easier to stay quiet innit? I was well within earshot of Wayne when he stormed off after the Wycombe game and had a hissy fit and his anger hadnt dispersed by the time he went on the radio still in a rage and if you heard it,you couldn't have failed to feel a bit sorry for the lads that day.

Look,WB is a young talented manager who will make mistakes.I am his greatest fan but nobody learns from their errors if they arent pointed out.Dickson getting on the pitch during match time is seemingly another.Im just waiting for Sussex to allow me to give him the Tomlin/Maher treatment.Perhaps after today's two left footed showing he'll give me the nod now LOL!!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Go for it Arnu. Because of my location i am hurting mate,myself Matt and Joe have had buckets poured on us and I think our team let us down badly yesterday.

We simply never looked like a team who have found their way into the play offs on occassions this year. Only one Pompey fan has been in anyway honest when he called me to take the piss but did conceade we must be a lot better then what we showed yesterday, he was not sure however if his team was.

I beleive in giving anybody a fair crack and wanted Dickson in a 442 before i passed Judgement. Yesterday i lost my faith and reckon that was even worse then Josh. Both are simply not up to it and would dump both along with Woodall and would even say go and get Williams back who was never a favourite but was far better then at least two of these three with the third simply not being interested in being a pro footballer. God even Jake Reed was better.

Yesterday was up there with Awful ,Dickson looke totally out of his depth.
ARNU

We were seperated at birth I think Sussex.I don't think there has to be any hate campaign though cos I think he'll be at least benched till we get someone else in now.Sam Williams..hmmm....yeah he did get loads better but obviously not good enough to even get off Job seekers allowance by the look of it.