today, yet again

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

If Ayo was feeling the effects of a tough 120 minutes on Wednesday then why hasn't numpty given Pask a start. The kids been on loan since October and yet in that time has only played 4 times. I always thought if you loan a player, then it might just be an idea to actually play him! This managers so full of shit, it's unreal.
Come to think of it, what's Frankie Raymond got to do to get a game these days?
And lastly has Matt Richards died and no ones let on?
SUSSEX DAGGER

stanton101 wrote:If Ayo was feeling the effects of a tough 120 minutes on Wednesday then why hasn't numpty given Pask a start. The kids been on loan since October and yet in that time has only played 4 times. I always thought if you loan a player, then it might just be an idea to actually play him! This managers so full of shit, it's unreal.
Come to think of it, what's Frankie Raymond got to do to get a game these days?
And lastly has Matt Richards died and no ones let on?
In some of them games Pask looked the best of our outfield players.

The interview today sounded like a Man who has ran out of ideas, fair play to him he did not turn on his players because in my view he has every bloody right to .

The question over Matt Richards is simple, he is injured with Achilles problems. However here is an example of a Player who has suffered two successive relegations, a player with the losing mentality and I see it right throughout our team, they have lost so often they simply don't know how to win. We even saw it Wednesday night despite the result.

Hindsight is 20/20 vision and both parties probably now regret the decision made in May.

If he had left then I am certain another team would may have looked at his first two full seasons and thought he was worth a go, may be even a Club with better resources then ours, Sadly that ship may now have sailed and he will be remembered as the Man who took us down.

Yes ok even I now have to accept the game is up because in that interview it is not what was said, it is what was not said.

Wayne you are going to lose your job because simply results have not been good enough, you will however always be admired by me for what you achieved in the previous two seasons , unlike a number of my fellow Daggers I do not pick and chose when to judge you by results, which is the sole reason the axe will shortly fall.

You have not been helped by having to follow on from a legend , a legend who was given far more slack then you ever got . It is also an inescapable fact that they never took you to their hearts, at times you have not helped by seeming a little arrogant and aloof.

When that has been suggested to me in the past even I have to admit that I found some of your behaviour at times a little hard to work out, the infamous rants after the Wycombe and Carlisle games have been well documented and discussed to death, the same with the dug out issue . There have been other instances , my personal one that caused me the most concern was in fact your finest hour, the day at Cheltenham when you got us up to 9th. At the Final whistle at a time you should have celebrated you slumped off down the Tunnel and did not have the grace to join the Players showing their appreciation to fans who had spent time and money following the team up and down the Country throughout what was to me a very good season.

Not a lot was made of it at the time but it was always something that has stuck in my mind ,Sorry mate if you give that impression at the best of times its little wonder the reaction has been so hostile at the worst of times.

Its been a very painfull season so far and as Manager rightfully or wrongly the buck stops at your door, until this season you should be proud of what you achieved ,but your time here will never be looked upon by most Daggers like I have decided to do by being rational and objective simply because You Were Never One Of Us an attribute that is simply a must
DaggerJoel11

Pondfield Dagger wrote:arrogant as ever...

`what do you want me to say to the fans`
`ask every Dagenham player one by one, they will be devastated if I left`

`they have better players they us`.... Why does he keep saying that every game...its an insult to our players.
Baffling. When asked to say something to the fans, he should reassure us that he is doing everything he can and the players are working painstakingly to get us out of this position. "Well.....what do you want me to say?" illustrates that he isn't confident he will steer us clear of the drop and doesn't want to make false promises about surviving or that he doesn't know what to do to get us off bottom. A question like that Wayne could've used to redeem himself, and by not answering not only does it show disregard to the fans, but angers them more at the uncertainty.

What we mustn't forget is Bristol Rovers were in the Conference last season, so one can assume they lost a core of their squad when they went down. Saying they have better players than us is disrespectful as they kept a lot of players they bought in the conference. Saying they have better players than us isn't a good enough excuse, just look at Accrington Stanley. ....
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Alan

I'm not sure the players will be devastated to see the back of a man who seems incapable of selecting his best team or organising them and then tells reporters (again) that the other team's players were better.

He thinks that supporters chanting Burnett out is affecting them, well hearing your manager say the other side's players are better is probably less helpful in terms of their confidence.
DagenHammer87

Sadly despite all of the issues with results and everything else, the crux for me is the lack of mentality instilled in the players.

Under JS (and I felt to a degree Hill) we had an identity. We all know what it means to "be a Dagger".

We know that most weeks teams will be better with bigger resources and facilities. Ultimately "being a dagger" is about creating a siege mentality; the world is against us but we'll keep fighting.

WB for some reason couldn't recreate that and losing a core of the squad in the summer has been the real sucker punch we all expected. Doe and Howell alone has caused no end of problems and it's still quite unbelievable that they sacrificed league football to go and play in a team a division below who have their own struggles.

It's not just about replacing these players - there's millions of unemployed players worldwide; but it's about picking the right ones with the right mentality.

Ultimately time has to be up. He knows it. Results and a disastrous home form to a degree can be offset by still being somewhat in touch with the boards target of 22nd; but JS being unseated at Luton was always going to rock the boat even more than it already has.

I hope if he's going to resign it'll be this week to give everyone a chance to regroup over Christmas and start the new year a fresh.

I think he'd find work again. I don't think that he's the worst manager in the world, but with small budgets and a lack of experience at this level, we were always going to struggle.

I admire the way he stepped into the breach when John left and he took on a dismal team playing Shite football week in week out and kept us up by the skin of our teeth. I blame the board however for taking the cheap option and offering him a new deal as manager.
Reg Varneys wife

"Well.....what do you want me to say?"

If you listen to most of the post match broadcasts he has made, this is his favourite quote.

What we wanted you to say was that you will work your nuts off and so will the players, to get us out of the shit that you've got us into.

Bye bye W.B. and good riddance.
Dagdale

As normal I arrive midday at the ground and walking past TBS noticed Matt Richards and a couple of others like Cousins, etc training up in front of the stand, o k only collared it for a few minutes but he seemed to running around well and fit. More changes boxing day?
redboy

What a pathetic interview. "I've never quit" "What do you want me to say" "They had better players than us" etc

So despite his appalling record, he still thinks he's best man for job.
If in doubt Koko, when you can't answer a question, you just ask one back?
These are the same players that ******** lost to Chesham United!!!

And as usual, he don't listen to half the ground chanting Burnett Out. Deaf as well as dumb!
dagger4eva

I'm 90% sure we'll finally be rid before Christmas.

Its not nice for him (just before Christmas) but im afraid Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club is not a charity.

At least he has the slim opportunity to find alternative employment...... think of the poor Turkeys :D
Auntie Merge

I also have a strong feeling he will be gone by Boxing Day. We have three winnable games over the Xmas period - 9 points attainable. But only attainable with someone who has a clue. That someone is none of the current management team.
stanton101

dagger4eva wrote:I'm 90% sure we'll finally be rid before Christmas.

Its not nice for him (just before Christmas) but im afraid Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club is not a charity.

At least he has the slim opportunity to find alternative employment...... think of the poor Turkeys :D
My heart bleeds for him. Got to be on at least a grand a week for doing an embarrassingly piss poor job. I have to admit though I was touched by the way he thanked us fans on Wednesday at whitehawk who stood in the pissing rain for nearly three hours! Yeah like ****** he did. And where was he yesterday? Hiding in the dugout AGAIN! He'd be more thought of if he got up and put a few ****** in to the players instead of sitting there anonymous.
Chigwellian

Well said Stanton. . I mentioned that to the guys I sat with on Wednesday.