Formation and Motivation

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerAz

22 games played : 13 Points collected - Dagenham & Redbridge.
22 games played : 13 Points collected - Yeovil Town.

I personally think Yeovil have shown recently that they don't deserve to be in the place they are.

Dagenham's results compared to Yeovil's results.

Yeovil : Bristol Rovers : 0 -1 (L)
Dagenham : Bristol Rovers : 0 - 3 (L)

Crawley : Yeovil : 0 - 1 (W)
Crawley : Dagenham : 3 - 2 (L)

Yeovil : Luton : 3 - 2 (W)
Dagenham : Luton 0 -2 (L)

Portsmouth : Yeovil : 0 - 0 (D)
Portsmouth : Dagenham 0 - 3 (L)

I reckon Dagenham are a top 8 team, with all honesty. We have the wrong staff like most of you would agree. There's no fluency, no desire and most importantly no free flow in the team. I truly believe the team we have now can easily finish top 10 if we had the right coach and motivation.

Now if i were a Dagenham coach this is the tactic I would play

4 - 2 - 2- 2

Cousins

Hoyte --------------------------- Widdowson/Dikamona --------------------------- Pask/Ayo -------------------------------------- Connors

Labadie ----------------------------------------------------------- Dunne

Passley ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hemmings

Jones/Chambers ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Vassell/Cureton/Doidge

If Labadie and Dunne can feed Jodi on the far right and he uses his pace to get the ball in the box, Any of those 3 strikers can put it in back of the net. If hemmings switches to the middle of the park while counter attacking he could bag in few decent shots. Long balls will be crucial.

We have some good players but we are not making the best use out of them. Like many others have said if Jodi was put into a confident side with a sophisticated game plan every week, he would do well.

I do work at Dagenham, i won't reveal as what role but you can pm me if you want, simply because people from the club do read this forum.

If Wayne isn't out by new years, we are for sure going down. It's simple as that. If the board don't do it now, they'll never do it.

As much as I'd like to say we will beat Cambridge, we won't with Wayne. Never have I laughed so much after listening to an post match interview. People say he's one of the nicest guy's in football but i'm sorry that interview was pathetic. No passion, no respect for that fans. If you guy's saw what Jurgen klopp and his team did after match against west brom, you'd think wayne should do that with his time every match because the fans give it all they have and the manager doesn't. Yes, the players are at fault at times, but if you keep changing the team and tactics, you can't always blame them. It's like making someone tea and they tell you the don't want the tea bag left in the cup. The next time you make a cup of tea they complain that you took out the tea bag.

I'll stop there. If you're wondering how old I am, I'm Under 18, lol.

Sorry about the poor English too, it isn't my first language

C'mon THOMMO, please.......
mickeyblue

jobs yours
but we finished 9th!
Voice of reason

Very sensible and perceptive post
DaggerAz

mickeyblue wrote:jobs yours

From the guy who makes tea and coffee for the refs to a coach. Haha, I wish.

Ade Yusuff did inspire me though.
bearaab

Got to be honest, I stopped reading at Widdowson at centre back.
The Romford Dagger

DaggerAz wrote:22 games played : 13 Points collected - Dagenham & Redbridge.
22 games played : 13 Points collected - Yeovil Town.

I personally think Yeovil have shown recently that they don't deserve to be in the place they are.

Dagenham's results compared to Yeovil's results.

Yeovil : Bristol Rovers : 0 -1 (L)
Dagenham : Bristol Rovers : 0 - 3 (L)

Crawley : Yeovil : 0 - 1 (W)
Crawley : Dagenham : 3 - 2 (L)

Yeovil : Luton : 3 - 2 (W)
Dagenham : Luton 0 -2 (L)

Portsmouth : Yeovil : 0 - 0 (D)
Portsmouth : Dagenham 0 - 3 (L)

I reckon Dagenham are a top 8 team, with all honesty. We have the wrong staff like most of you would agree. There's no fluency, no desire and most importantly no free flow in the team. I truly believe the team we have now can easily finish top 10 if we had the right coach and motivation.

Now if i were a Dagenham coach this is the tactic I would play

4 - 2 - 2- 2

Cousins

Hoyte --------------------------- Widdowson/Dikamona --------------------------- Pask/Ayo -------------------------------------- Connors

Labadie ----------------------------------------------------------- Dunne

Passley ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hemmings

Jones/Chambers ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Vassell/Cureton/Doidge

If Labadie and Dunne can feed Jodi on the far right and he uses his pace to get the ball in the box, Any of those 3 strikers can put it in back of the net. If hemmings switches to the middle of the park while counter attacking he could bag in few decent shots. Long balls will be crucial.

We have some good players but we are not making the best use out of them. Like many others have said if Jodi was put into a confident side with a sophisticated game plan every week, he would do well.

I do work at Dagenham, i won't reveal as what role but you can pm me if you want, simply because people from the club do read this forum.

If Wayne isn't out by new years, we are for sure going down. It's simple as that. If the board don't do it now, they'll never do it.

As much as I'd like to say we will beat Cambridge, we won't with Wayne. Never have I laughed so much after listening to an post match interview. People say he's one of the nicest guy's in football but i'm sorry that interview was pathetic. No passion, no respect for that fans. If you guy's saw what Jurgen klopp and his team did after match against west brom, you'd think wayne should do that with his time every match because the fans give it all they have and the manager doesn't. Yes, the players are at fault at times, but if you keep changing the team and tactics, you can't always blame them. It's like making someone tea and they tell you the don't want the tea bag left in the cup. The next time you make a cup of tea they complain that you took out the tea bag.

I'll stop there. If you're wondering how old I am, I'm Under 18, lol.

Sorry about the poor English too, it isn't my first language

C'mon THOMMO, please.......

Whilst I agree with a fair portion of what you say, mind you don't get in trouble for saying this about the manager remember.

As you say 'the club read this'. But good post anyway
Lcbdagger

Our best left back playing CB to accommodate an inferior LB????

Beyond that, a really good post
DaggerAz

Maybe my squad selection wasn't the best lol. But my main message was the formation. I think that 4-2-2-2 might work