He isn't leaving

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Bav

DI Mike Dashwood

This is just a written version of Saturday's interview I believe??

The BEEB are so behind the times on their website, I thought it was going to be a link about Ted Hardy or something.
Lcbdagger

Anyone else think it's curious the rumour of him leaving coincides with Everton tickets going on sale?
lupins

No nobody else could possibly have had a similar thought it's absurd
Auntie Merge

He isn't leaving?

oh Yes he is!

Pantomime season but our is minus Koko the clown
lupins

What a charmer kick him when he is down with one final insult
SUSSEX DAGGER

lupins wrote:What a charmer kick him when he is down with one final insult
Hear hear. lupins , The man tried and gave it his all . Sadly this season even I have to accept he came up short. Show me a Person who has never failed and I will show you a Person who has never tried anything.

This Man has a family and has lost his job four days before Xmas , thought supporters of this Club were frankly better then that .
Voice of reason

Agree 100% with above sentiments
A young family including his son a really nice kid who plays for Daggers U18's
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
lupins wrote:What a charmer kick him when he is down with one final insult
Hear hear. lupins , The man tried and gave it his all . Sadly this season even I have to accept he came up short. Show me a Person who has never failed and I will show you a Person who has never tried anything.

This Man has a family and has lost his job four days before Xmas , thought supporters of this Club were frankly better then that .
He probably has walked away with about £150k in a pay off let's not feel too sorry for him. Shame it's come to this but it's over now time for all to move on.
nomis

Sorry guys but he ain't destitute !

Burnett has been paid off, and quite frankly been paid a good salary over the past two years, for doing ****** all constructively

When appointed temporary, he took the club from 7th spot to staying up by the skin of our teeth above Barnet on goal difference, yet somehow earned a contract on the strength of that !!

I use to sit behind him in the original dug outs, and he use to spout out crap to the players ,that quite frankly showed he was out of his depth

Anyone with half a brain, could off match the achievements that Burnett has gained

He can look for another footballing job if he wishes with money in his pocket so as for the bad timing xmas etc that's bollocks

It has only happened due to the Everton money

Thank ****** we drew them

The funny thing is if we had lost to Whitehawk Burnett would still have a job this evening
ARNU

Such spite even now he's gone.WB signed a contract,both parties agree its terms and conditions,both parties were then bound together by said contract and any clauses written into it.Dagenham and Redbridge after much patience have exercised their right to terminate his employment and paid him off as per contract.Wheres the problem ? Does anyone truly think WB should be saying "Thanks for kicking me out and I don't want to keep paying my mortgage or feed my family because you aren't happy with me,have all my money because you are a small club with a shite budget" ? Get real.Daggers could have paid him off anytime they wanted,they chose now after incredible pressure.The Everton income is welcome and will help in other areas but this would have been budgeted for. Do you really think we couldn't have payed him off at any time ?? Has anyone seen the flash motors parked outside the ground on a matchday.Whats dave the plumber driving these days ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DagenHammer87

Good post Arnu.

The club will have a number of contingencies planned throughout the budget. I think they genuinely thought it was typical Dagenham, where we're usually proper Shite until Christmas and pick up.

Fan pressure has made an impact and for all we know this could have been a mutual consent thing. Wayne would know in his heart of hearts whether he had the capabilities or the backing to get us out of trouble and up the table.

I think the club need some credit here. It may have been a case of wanting to have a concrete idea of who would come in next to bring stability asap.
mickeyblue

Sorry the club don't deserve any credit whatsoever. If fans don't turn on manager do any of you think he would be sacked today?

Giving him a 2 year contract was very bad business indeed and cost the club money.
1 year rolling contract at best or like everyone expected got rid at end of last contract with reputation of both party's intact.
but we finished 9th!
stanton101

nomis wrote:Sorry guys but he ain't destitute !

Burnett has been paid off, and quite frankly been paid a good salary over the past two years, for doing ****** all constructively

When appointed temporary, he took the club from 7th spot to staying up by the skin of our teeth above Barnet on goal difference, yet somehow earned a contract on the strength of that !!

I use to sit behind him in the original dug outs, and he use to spout out crap to the players ,that quite frankly showed he was out of his depth

Anyone with half a brain, could off match the achievements that Burnett has gained

He can look for another footballing job if he wishes with money in his pocket so as for the bad timing xmas etc that's bollocks

It has only happened due to the Everton money

Thank ****** we drew them

The funny thing is if we had lost to Whitehawk Burnett would still have a job this evening
Cracking post, good riddance to an absolute plank.
lupins

Yes a cracking post pretty typical of those who also like to bemoan that we are no longer a family club. Because of course that's how you treat family