There has never been a better time...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Tomthedagger

...To finally 'right the wrongs' at this football club.

It seems that nothing at the club is right at the moment, aside from our terrible performances on the pitch and the embarrassing conduct of the management, the club couldn't even take 5 minutes of their time to wish the loyal supporters (who have watched some real dross this season) a Merry Christmas and thank them for the loyal support. Just because we're bottom of the league doesn't mean we neglect the people who make the club what it is, the fans.

Moving forward, which by the way is the only way being rock bottom of the league. Is to prepare for the future and get in a hungry manager who is desperate to prove themselves. There aren't many jobs in the football league at the moment, so we should be fearless approaching some of the better known managers out of work and to not be scared of certain names who will put themselves forward.

The 3-0 whooping at the weekend was a real blessing in disguise and I firmly believe is the final nail in the coffin for Wayne and co. Looking at the league table the point tally isn't fatal, yet. By making the changes needed and being bold we can beat the drop and look to thrive in seasons to come. I believe that re-hiring John Still would be a mistake, our last two seasons under John weren't great and some things are better left in the past.

And going against this constant belief that I hear, we aren't 'punching above our weight' we aren't just a 'small club' we are Dagenham. A real club, filled with passionate fans who deserve better than the dross that has been served up to us. We deserve to taste victory and promotion fights, the only way to increase the clubs revenue is to start winning again and start playing decent football. So Steve Thomson and the board, take note and do what is required to save the club and press forward.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Dagdale

Good post, pending any injuries did WB play the same team in League matches more than once? We definitely need some stability and a coach who could bring out confidence to the players because we all know they can deliver at this level, this departure is obviously fresh to everyone connected with the club at this precise time but moral could even have dipped lower now if, as that interview Saturday stating by him that players would be devastated if he went. Ball will be in our court whatever the two Y's do if we can maintain a decent winning streak, and more importantly start doing the job on home turf.
DagenHammer87

Perhaps the constant changing of the team is a symptom of the fear that has been created around the place.

When the shit hits the fan, a lot of managers make it a big thing about not making mistakes. Being human, players normally concentrate and worry about not making mistakes that they are sidetracked and end up making more mistakes.

It's hardly as if the crowd gets on players backs straight away. I don't expect to win every single game; but I always expect to see them try to win every single game.

A fatal flaw in this team runs through the spine. Cousins is a talented goalkeeper, but in front of him there's no real partnership in the centre of defence and until Dunne came in and Labadie returned we were seriously lightweight.

Set pieces have also been treated as an opportunity to have a cup of warm milk and snuggle up with a pillow.

Hopefully whoever comes in won't be a tinker man. The next five months will be a slog with some boring, dour and frankly awful football but if it keeps us up who cares?
bloke down the pub

For the club to tell the fans what it is going to do ,to get there support back.
DagenHammer87

That might compromise a deal that they're looking to finalise or negotiate on.

I hope the supporters club board reps have been given a bit of information and will have a say in who the new manager is.

I doubt we'll see any appointment until midweek next week.
ARNU

Sorry to be provocative but its shit on telly.

Why would they tell us anything until they'd sorted it all out ? You/they know full well we wouldnt be unanimously in support of all their choices and decisions.We'd all just squabble and call eachother NOB.One thing is for sure.....If we don't like those decisions we don't have to attend ? If they have any sort of sense they will keep us in the loop with the salient points but that's all.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:Sorry to be provocative but its shit on telly.

Why would they tell us anything until they'd sorted it all out ? You/they know full well we wouldnt be unanimously in support of all their choices and decisions.We'd all just squabble and call eachother NOB.One thing is for sure.....If we don't like those decisions we don't have to attend ? If they have any sort of sense they will keep us in the loop with the salient points but that's all.
They board listened to the fans this weekend.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote:
ARNU wrote:Sorry to be provocative but its shit on telly.

They board listened to the fans this weekend.
The ones that were there.I even had a little chant myself,he had to go.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !