Apparantly, managing Daggers....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Is the hardest job in football.... according to WB' other half.

Relatively shit budget for our level but hardest job.... seriously???

Im glad all that malarky has finally been put to an end.

Time to get behind Darren & as much as I diskike him, Warren too, until a new full time manager is signed up.

I STILL have faith we have the players but to get out this mess its going to take a monumental effort from everyone to achieve it.

Time to move on, fresh start.
THE SEASON STARTS NOW!!!
mickeyblue

well its not easy

please tell nobody is bothering his wife or him come to think of it on social media?
but we finished 9th!
IanC

I'm guessing that's from Twitter mate,not great when your ol lady starts blabbing after the event is it.She obviously listens to what he says then and has got the right hump.Perhaps it didn't cost the club as much has some people thought it would to do the deed.Just watched his interview and he sure was a broken man,dead man walking etc,glad it's all done and dusted now even for him and all parties can move forward.COYD
Diggerthedog

mickeyblue wrote:well its not easy

please tell nobody is bothering his wife or him come to think of it on social media?
No one has bothered her she just bought into his own philosophy that it's in impossible job. ts a tough job but certainly not the most difficult if the aim was to finish 22nd, relatively easy really given his previous season successes.
Mike the Dagger

A board that obviously has not put pressure on him for delivering any kind of football style or entertainment, that he has constantly praised for being supportive of him, and put up with him spouting bollocks regularly in public and losing faith with a large part of the fan base. It's not that long since Tommo was saying whatever Wayne asks for he gets either.

I appreciate that money is tight but, with clubs hiring and firing all over the place, being given winding up orders etc. Is the Daggers job that tough in comparison? I'd hazard David Moyes and Van Gaal might disagree tbh. Plenty of money, but vast expectations and a camera on you 24/7.

As someone else pointed out Chelsea have fired De Matteo, Ancellotti and Mourinho within months of them winning major trophies. Wayne hadn't even won a home match!
mickeyblue

but we finished 9th!
Mike the Dagger

mickeyblue wrote:http://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.uk ... _1_4356556

burnett article in post
In an article published 22nd December 2015: "I’ve learnt that you’ve got to win and you’ve got to win quick."

Uh huh!
mickeyblue

lesson no1 keep fans on your side
lesson no2 keep fans on your side

if he doesnt learn to interact with fans better he will always fail, simple as that
but we finished 9th!
Mikins

I can honestly say this job is a total bitch *BUT* everyone here could handle relegation if we played our hearts out every week and still came up short, we can accept being outplayed, outclassed and certainly out-bought when it comes to player quality, but a bit of heart goes miles, no one who has ever played at Dagenham is going to be the next Messi (although possibly the next usain bolt, but thats a different story) and we've never cared, what we cant handle is the lack of motivation, the unwillingness to chase, the disorder and disorganisation of the team.

If a new manager comes in and gets everyone giving 100%, gets them to learn how to defend a corner and free kicks and we still lose then ****** it, we still lose, but at least I can accept that. I havent been at all this season as I couldn't abide any more lackadaisical playing and tactics, and I said that wouldnt change under Burnett and I couldnt come back whilst he was in charge anymore.

Is it as stressful as managing in the top end of the premier league? dear god no. but its going to be as hard as it gets outside of that, being in charge of any of the nearly-men in each division will always be hard, managing a Millwall or a Colchester, or anyone who hangs on by the skin of their teeth each year or yo-yo's between leagues is never going to be a laugh riot. But if you do it with heart and passion, the fans will back you (well most of them) regardless of the result - just look at our league 1 season as a prime example.

Hopefully Wayne will understand that it wasn't necessarily the 11 men on the pitch who he lost, but the 12th in the stands.

That said, now its time to get back behind the team, one and all, and its time for another great escape!
Sorry about your damn luck!
stanton101

He might need to rethink his stevie wonder style scouting and transfer policy, buying cripples and over the hill never beens, is no way to succeed. It may also be an idea not to offer your own fans out after a game in which you've managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I also think he may bond with fans a bit better if he thanked them after matches. These are just a few pointers I think may work, but then again, WHAT DYA WANT ME TO SAY EH, WHAT CAN I SAY, WHAT MORE CAN HE DO?
Lcbdagger

Mikins wrote:I can honestly say this job is a total bitch *BUT* everyone here could handle relegation if we played our hearts out every week and still came up short, we can accept being outplayed, outclassed and certainly out-bought when it comes to player quality, but a bit of heart goes miles, no one who has ever played at Dagenham is going to be the next Messi (although possibly the next usain bolt, but thats a different story) and we've never cared, what we cant handle is the lack of motivation, the unwillingness to chase, the disorder and disorganisation of the team.

If a new manager comes in and gets everyone giving 100%, gets them to learn how to defend a corner and free kicks and we still lose then ****** it, we still lose, but at least I can accept that. I havent been at all this season as I couldn't abide any more lackadaisical playing and tactics, and I said that wouldnt change under Burnett and I couldnt come back whilst he was in charge anymore.

Is it as stressful as managing in the top end of the premier league? dear god no. but its going to be as hard as it gets outside of that, being in charge of any of the nearly-men in each division will always be hard, managing a Millwall or a Colchester, or anyone who hangs on by the skin of their teeth each year or yo-yo's between leagues is never going to be a laugh riot. But if you do it with heart and passion, the fans will back you (well most of them) regardless of the result - just look at our league 1 season as a prime example.

Hopefully Wayne will understand that it wasn't necessarily the 11 men on the pitch who he lost, but the 12th in the stands.

That said, now its time to get back behind the team, one and all, and its time for another great escape!
Absolutely agree... if this was a hugely competetive league then I would even understand the terrible Home results, but lets be clear... this is a terrible league this season in terms of quality and for us to be almost cut adrift in a bottom three, way below fourth bottom is shocking. Wimbledon, Stevenage, Newport, Crawley and various other teams that would have struggled massively in season's past will be clear of relegation come May by probably fifteen or twenty points!
SUSSEX DAGGER

stanton101 wrote:He might need to rethink his stevie wonder style scouting and transfer policy, buying cripples and over the hill never beens, is no way to succeed. It may also be an idea not to offer your own fans out after a game in which you've managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I also think he may bond with fans a bit better if he thanked them after matches. These are just a few pointers I think may work, but then again, WHAT DYA WANT ME TO SAY EH, WHAT CAN I SAY, WHAT MORE CAN HE DO?
Now please enlighten me which one he bought.

Also out of the players recruited in the summer how many where his first choice, he'll even his second choice, not many I expect .

Two players I know for a fact that People wanted to sign after they impressed in meaningless pre-season friendlies over the last two yeas are Bouchard and that bloke from Cheltenham, both have turned out to be not what was said on the tin.

We have have had to drink from the same well far to often ,sadly this year it has ran dry and all we picked up is dirtt

The buck stops at the Managers door for that and he has paid a price. If we do survive with this lot then it could be argued that at least he got the ingredients right if not the recepie.

This is a results business and despite great efforts the past two seasons this year he came up short.
Me and my good friend Daggers for Ever have been on opposite sides of the fence for a long time , it took me to Whitehawk last week to finally accept that despite the result this lot have been beaten that often they did not know how to wii

He never won over some fans , the fact remains that with this team he could have wrapped his arms around
every supporter and kissed every fair maiden in the ground at the end of ever game yet we would still be bottom of the league.

He got my support to the end because I thought rightly or wrongly he deserved it because of what he acheived the last two season.

I don't watch much football on the telly but I often hear about the League table does not lie. They are saying this about teams this season after only half the games have been played. This is very true and our current posistion is a true reflection of our team , they are bottom because they are simply not good enough.

Now if you accept that then you can not dismiss the previous two seasons, if our current position is accepted as a true reflection after 22 games then you have to accept the previous two years after 92 games.

Despite my reservations even I had to accept In the end that his time was up and a change had to be made, it does not however mean that the majority of his time here he was a complete disaster.

This year however it has been nothing short of a catastrophe , now as half the world wakes up Friday morning beleive ing the virgin birth really occurred , a myth that lasted over 2000 years surely I could be allowed to beleive in the myth that he could get us out of this mess for as long as I did.

Sadly in the end I think the right decision was made but let's not forget the facts
stanton101

Ok fair enough, I'll give you that about the buying business. But let's say recruited then, because surely he had a say in who came here on loan etc. Here are the plain and simple facts. Did he not sign or oversee.

Nosworthy, quite possibly the worst defender ever to play or attempt to play professional football.
McClure, a true sicknote in every sense of the word, embarrassingly brittle.
Ferdinand, I can't even find the words, for this bloke.
Richards, is he actually still alive!
Hamalainen, thrown to the wolves at Barnet. Subbed and gone within days?
Dikamona, improving, but when you're that bad to begin with, there's only one way to go, no?

Hang out to dry Matt Partridge (after signing a new contract) by playing him at right back at Charlton in the league cup and was destroyed on the night by Charlton's nippy skilful winger, within day's left for Newport?
Hardly give Ian Gayle a chance, surely no worse than Nyron Beckenbauer?
Give Frankie Raymond a game instead of the equally dire Lionel Boucaud?
Help turn a bright keen Jodi Jones in to a bit part walking dead character?
Turn Ashley Hemmings in to a disinterested shell of his former self?
Whatever happened to Ade Yusuff? Not good enough to dislodge the prolific Chambers I suppose.
So bravo Wayne, I'd love to feel sorry for you, but I can't. The man lingered like a bad stink, getting well paid for doing an abysmally poor job and was paid off, maybe not handsomely but paid off nonetheless. I wish him well, no doubt he'll turn up somewhere, someone's bound to want his expertise.

I won't even get started on the tactics, there isn't enough room!! and anyway I'm waiting for the birth of Baby Jesus on the 25th, that's far more realistic than Wayne Burnett being described as a football manager.
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Now please enlighten me which one he bought.

Also out of the players recruited in the summer how many where his first choice, he'll even his second choice, not many I expect .

Two players I know for a fact that People wanted to sign after they impressed in meaningless pre-season friendlies over the last two yeas are Bouchard and that bloke from Cheltenham, both have turned out to be not what was said on the tin.

We have have had to drink from the same well far to often ,sadly this year it has ran dry and all we picked up is dirtt

The buck stops at the Managers door for that and he has paid a price. If we do survive with this lot then it could be argued that at least he got the ingredients right if not the recepie.

This is a results business and despite great efforts the past two seasons this year he came up short.
Me and my good friend Daggers for Ever have been on opposite sides of the fence for a long time , it took me to Whitehawk last week to finally accept that despite the result this lot have been beaten that often they did not know how to wii

He never won over some fans , the fact remains that with this team he could have wrapped his arms around
every supporter and kissed every fair maiden in the ground at the end of ever game yet we would still be bottom of the league.

He got my support to the end because I thought rightly or wrongly he deserved it because of what he acheived the last two season.

I don't watch much football on the telly but I often hear about the League table does not lie. They are saying this about teams this season after only half the games have been played. This is very true and our current posistion is a true reflection of our team , they are bottom because they are simply not good enough.

Now if you accept that then you can not dismiss the previous two seasons, if our current position is accepted as a true reflection after 22 games then you have to accept the previous two years after 92 games.

Despite my reservations even I had to accept In the end that his time was up and a change had to be made, it does not however mean that the majority of his time here he was a complete disaster.

This year however it has been nothing short of a catastrophe , now as half the world wakes up Friday morning beleive ing the virgin birth really occurred , a myth that lasted over 2000 years surely I could be allowed to beleive in the myth that he could get us out of this mess for as long as I did.

Sadly in the end I think the right decision was made but let's not forget the facts
Anyone remember when we brought in young, hungry players from down the game rather than older journeymen on a promise to get them in the shop window and further their careers? Did that ever work at all?
bearaab

That's exactly what I want back! I'd take a non league player over Nosworthy or Bouchard any day.