Reinforcements

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

Agree with pretty much all that Lee.

Thought Labadie and Dunne did well first half in terms of winning the ball back but neither did well in possession especially second half.
dave seagull

JFJBENSTEAD wrote:We need more height throughout the team.
Invest in 11 pairs of stilettos......they're playing like a 'bunch of tarts'. :lol:
Richie

Agree with all of that Lee.

Are the loanees better than what we have really?

Clevid and Nyron are just as good (average) as Ayo and Pask. Even Hoyte at CB with Passley at RB wouldn't be a significant drop, if at all.
Vassell is no better than a fully fit McClure or Doidge.
Dunne is a worse version of Labadie but better than the rest of our Centre Mid options granted.

Obviously we have no idea how much we're paying for these loanees but can't say I'd be too gutted for any of them to return to their parent clubs.
Adrian

Richie wrote:Agree with all of that Lee.

Clevid and Nyron are just as good (average) as Ayo and Pask. Even Hoyte at CB with Passley at RB wouldn't be a significant drop, if at all.
Dunne is a worse version of Labadie but better than the rest of our Centre Mid options granted.

Obviously we have no idea how much we're paying for these loanees but can't say I'd be too gutted for any of them to return to their parent clubs.
Sorry, but Ayo and Pask are better than both Nosworthy and Dikamona. Nosworthy is a complete donkey.
Voice of reason

Most loans from higher division clubs are made to give players game time
Most if not all wages for such players are paid by higher division club
Lcbdagger

I would genuinely have Saah back ahead of Nosworthy... For a single person on here to believe that he is one of our two best centre back options shows just how little a chance we have this season of survival!
leewilson

Adrian wrote:

Sorry, but Ayo and Pask are better than both Nosworthy and Dikamona. Nosworthy is a complete donkey.
All 4 are bad Adrian. Nosworthy has been playing like a muppet for weeks and then Pask comes in and performs like that!!!

For me, stupid handballs aside, Dikamona has been our best CB this season, and I don't actually think he's been particularly good either. Not saying it will work wonders, but as a pair I'd go Ayo and Dikamona. They did have a shocker vs Mansfield but looked much more secure away to AFC Wimbledon and at home to Plymouth.

It's like deciding the best of the worst combos really.
Mark

Indeed. None of the 4 have really impressed me. Nosworthy and Dikamona often look solid then do something ludicrous. Ayo isn't the player we had last season. Pask is physically weak and inexperienced.
Adrian

leewilson wrote:
Adrian wrote:

All 4 are bad Adrian. Nosworthy has been playing like a muppet for weeks and then Pask comes in and performs like that!!!

For me, stupid handballs aside, Dikamona has been our best CB this season, and I don't actually think he's been particularly good either. Not saying it will work wonders, but as a pair I'd go Ayo and Dikamona. They did have a shocker vs Mansfield but looked much more secure away to AFC Wimbledon and at home to Plymouth.

It's like deciding the best of the worst combos really.
Yes, I've said all 4 aren't good enough before.
I'd rather have the two loanees over the other two.
I'm not sure Pask was that bad yesterday, he was just up against someone who knew what he was doing while very inexperienced.
Diggerthedog

How much we paying Nyron? A lot more than Doe I bet. What sorry state of affairs we have been left in and to think we will still pay koko's wages for the next 18 months makes you feel sick.

Think I may have to be drunk at every remaining game to soften the blow. Down before April.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote: Think I may have to be drunk at every remaining game to soften the blow. Down before April.
Yes but you're going to get the new manager you asked for,you know the one you said would make the job look easy.Half a season is plenty of time to sort this mess out.Although Burnett was written off with far less opportunity when he took over.It makes sense that if you didn't give Burnett a chance any new bloke is already a tosser in your books id imagine.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

WB & co. shouldve been given the bullet about 2 months ago.

The disgrace away to Accy - late Oct was the final straw for me.

Act then n we might've had a realistic chance of survival
Diggerthedog

What D4E said Arnu. The most we can hope for is a few wins here and there, we are as good as gone. Yeovil are apparently playing well and have some decent players to return from injury our first team are currently ready for the scrap heap.

I just don't see it happening, us and York to be relegated by 1st April.
SUSSEX DAGGER

leewilson wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Out of that lot today the only ones who gave me any hope Dunne, Ayo , Pask all go back Tuesday and the fact they were not great today but still managed to look better then the rest of them.

Really? Not sure what game you were watching Sussex but Ayo and Pask were bloody atrocious. Pask was bullied all afternoon. Even in the first half when we were relatively solid, Pask got done with a simple ball over the top on multiple occasions and was outmuscled massively by Corr. He made one good saving tackle in the 2nd half but this was from a problem of his own making. Ayo, one good shot aside, was poor defensively.

Best player today was Hoyte by a mile and I'm rather bemused why a lot of people didn't realise that. He was the best out of the back 4 (not a huge accolade) but first half in particular did very well from an attacking sense down the right with several balls into the box and a few good 1-2 combinations.

The other 9 outfield players were all off their game. Ayo/Pask covered but Widdowson was even worse. Dunne and Labadie had no impact today. Hemmings was shocking again like he has been for months. Passley had some positive moments with Hoyte but isn't good enough to be a 'winger'. Vassell had a horrible game and Cureton was anonymous.
The same game as you , I clearly said they were not great but were they any worse then the other 8 outfield players , the only two that I thought were any good were Labadie and Dunne the other ten we're poor at best.

Excuse Curo because he has FA to work with, my only complaint with him the amount of time he gets caught offside , should not be happening with his Experience
bearaab

Anyone would think we were the only team cut adrift at the bottom and had a 1% chance if staying up from reading this forum alone. Are we expecting Yeovil and York to suddenly go on a 10 game win streak or something?

I'd get in a winger that's actually willing to take on a full back, a striker to go alongside Cureton that can actually win headers and 2 new centre backs, as well as begging Portsmouth to keep Dunne.