Well.....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

So I wasn't going to go but it was the boys 18th.Promised id drive up,Just got back.

I thought we were brilliant today,Dikamona was like Franz Beckenbaur and Ashley Chambers was immense.We could have had 6 or 7 in the first half.Why cant we do that at home.Thought I saw John Still in the crowd and someone said he gave a team talk before the game.Cousins was on fire too,how Wayner could ever drop him I just don't know.If we play like this consistently a mid table finish isn't out of the question.

Id have sacked the whole team bar Labadie and Dunne after boxing day,id keep them all if they play like that.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
mickeyblue

could be nothing but still was there today
Attachments
john still.jpg
john still.jpg (54.52 KiB) Viewed 10237 times
but we finished 9th!
DI Mike Dashwood

Just when you think it's all done that happens!!!! Never predictable or dull with us is it?!?!?

Let's be honest, we rode our luck at the back at times but going forward it was like a different Team (which it was I guess). Christian and Ash both probably had their best games for the Club.

IF, and it's big IF, we can keep it anything like that then we may yet escape. I actually think 8 wins and a few draws may be enough this Year so it is not totally beyond us
dagger4eva

After Saturdays latest debacle I really wasnt expecting a result like a 3-1 WIN at the start of the day.

But as soon as it became apparent Stilly had a big hand in today's setup I wasnt surprised at all.

In some areas throughout the squad we obviously still lack quality but in others there is undoubted talent.

If Stilly can a) instill the heart and b) organise them to a far greater effect, this is still do-able ..... JUST!!

There's still a small cluster of teams outside the relegation places that are not beyond being dragged into the mix.
Small steps though & onto Exeter we go!
stanton101

I honestly think we have the players to do this given the right man in charge. Whether that's stilly or not remains to be seen. Sort out the defence and the rest sorts itself out. The midfields ok and the strikers given the service will score the goals. A good result today, well done lads, Exeter here we come.
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote:After Saturdays latest debacle I really wasnt expecting a result like a 3-1 WIN at the start of the day.

But as soon as it became apparent Stilly had a big hand in today's setup I wasnt surprised at all.

In some areas throughout the squad we obviously still lack quality but in others there is undoubted talent.

If Stilly can a) instill the heart and b) organise them to a far greater effect, this is still do-able ..... JUST!!

There's still a small cluster of teams outside the relegation places that are not beyond being dragged into the mix.
Wish this Club would stop treating loyal fans like mugs , bloody obvious what's going to happen so lets get it out in the open.

That performance today had the fingerprints of a certain supposed observer all over it and if he passed a suggestion on as a mere casual spectator to plonk Hoyte into the Centre of our defence then it was a bloody masterstroke, because to me I thought he was outstanding.

Yes we had to watch a lot of balls into our box and before we scored had a mighty lucky escape when we allowed them a free header, and got into a buggers muddle that resulted in the ball coming back off our bar but other then the goal, another cheap corner , I thought we looked solid.

Lets face it we would have had forty fits the way our defence has been exposed by direct balls into our box if you came up with a game plan like that, but it bloody worked they looked nothing like the defence we have watched all season.

Everybody played a part in the defending , starting with Doidge who was magnificent covering every blade of grass and I just hope he was withdrawn because of exhaustion and not another injury .

Labadie and Dunne worked their arses off closing down hassling and allowing them no time on the ball.

Going forward we finally had support from the Midfield and our forwards were not isolated and as a result BINGO

Don't give up D4E because if that lot can get 26 points with a defence like that then we surely have a chance, I thought you would have to go a million miles to see a defence as bad as ours I went 100 miles and saw one worse.

At stages we were walking round them in the first half and how we only managed three is my only slight disappointment.

Fantastic effort from everybody, well done lads in a strange way it was beautiful to watch
dagger4eva

Just in answer to the 1st part Sussex, im not 100% but believe there's some legal restriction stopping it being formally announced for another couple of days or so!
Diggerthedog

dagger4eva wrote:Just in answer to the 1st part Sussex, im not 100% but believe there's some legal restriction stopping it being formally announced for another couple of days or so!
Probably something to do with Still's pay off from Luton.
Richie

Can only repeat what has been said above but also think that Passley deserves singling out. 3-5-2 is made for him bombing up and down the right flank really.

Great performance, great day out. Bring on 2016!
mickeyblue

passley and hemmings both play the wing back position very well.

we just need a settled side asap and give us a fighting chance.

im expecting a few in few out as early as 1st jan
but we finished 9th!
leewilson

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:After Saturdays latest debacle I really wasnt expecting a result like a 3-1 WIN at the start of the day.

Wish this Club would stop treating loyal fans like mugs , bloody obvious what's going to happen so lets get it out in the open.

That performance today had the fingerprints of a certain supposed observer all over it and if he passed a suggestion on as a mere casual spectator to plonk Hoyte into the Centre of our defence then it was a bloody masterstroke, because to me I thought he was outstanding.

Yes we had to watch a lot of balls into our box and before we scored had a mighty lucky escape when we allowed them a free header, and got into a buggers muddle that resulted in the ball coming back off our bar but other then the goal, another cheap corner , I thought we looked solid.

Lets face it we would have had forty fits the way our defence has been exposed by direct balls into our box if you came up with a game plan like that, but it bloody worked they looked nothing like the defence we have watched all season.

Everybody played a part in the defending , starting with Doidge who was magnificent covering every blade of grass and I just hope he was withdrawn because of exhaustion and not another injury .

Labadie and Dunne worked their arses off closing down hassling and allowing them no time on the ball.

Going forward we finally had support from the Midfield and our forwards were not isolated and as a result BINGO

Don't give up D4E because if that lot can get 26 points with a defence like that then we surely have a chance, I thought you would have to go a million miles to see a defence as bad as ours I went 100 miles and saw one worse.

At stages we were walking round them in the first half and how we only managed three is my only slight disappointment.

Fantastic effort from everybody, well done lads in a strange way it was beautiful to watch
So has the fall guy still fallen Chris or is there still hope for somebody to get something out of these group of players?
leewilson

On another note, an excellent set up today which on hindsight was a very smart move and not one that I'd really considered although now I think about it, it makes complete sense.

Our wingers in particular have been largely cack this season so it makes sense to drop them altogether and play wing backs (which I actually think is Hemmings best position as he rarely beats a man so coming from deeper suits him). That way, we also get the extra CB and Raymond in the centre allows Dunne and Labadie a bit more license to support the front two. The front two in particular showed excellent movement. Doidge is made for away games with his hassling style of play and Chambers is a menace when he's in that mood.

More of the same please Sir Still.
Diggerthedog

Finally the players show up and fight for everything and we win. No passing sideways and backwards and we win. Football really is simple at this level and today's game is proof of that.

Welcome back Mr Still, heard he took training yesterday and was in the changing room before today and on the phone to Currie during the game.
stanton101

leewilson wrote:On another note, an excellent set up today which on hindsight was a very smart move and not one that I'd really considered although now I think about it, it makes complete sense.

Our wingers in particular have been largely cack this season so it makes sense to drop them altogether and play wing backs (which I actually think is Hemmings best position as he rarely beats a man so coming from deeper suits him). That way, we also get the extra CB and Raymond in the centre allows Dunne and Labadie a bit more license to support the front two. The front two in particular showed excellent movement. Doidge is made for away games with his hassling style of play and Chambers is a menace when he's in that mood.

More of the same please Sir Still.
I said this was how we should set up on another thread about two months ago. It was so obvious that that was what was needed. unfortunately the tosspot we had in charge was a clueless buffoon and too stubborn to try anything new, like I said on another thread the midfields ok and the front players will score goals given the service. Just need to find some consistency in the defending and this team on their day are a match for anyone in this league. So let's go and get another three points at Exeter, close the gap and enjoy our day up at Goodison. COYD.
Dagdale

Today I saw a team of fighters and to be proud of, I thought after the Plymouth match that game would be an anchor for us to move forward, it didn't, but surely this one can! Roll on Devon.