Still non-league at heart

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

Just seen pictures of the Daggers pre match press conference ahead of the Everton game.

If we are trying to present a "professional image" it fails.

Tommo, Stilly and Curo sat at a couple of tables in front of the optics in the upstairs bar with a couple of "swords badge" pop ups behind them and half and half scarves pinned on the table cloths. These are the spawn of Satan TBH if the club is hoping to be taken at all seriously.

No sponsors logos on show - surely this is the sort of moment that West & Coe and the other club sponsors invest for in the hope of getting some decent publicity. The club website address and twitter handle nowhere to be seen (its on the pop ups but hidden as its low down).

I appreciate we don't have much money and we don't have many employees, but we can do better than this surely?

Diggerthedog

Why waste a fortune on preparing for something that is a one off? I personally Prefer it to be spent on the paying budget.
mickeyblue

pub team from essex!

a decent pr would of dealt with this, nice boardroom a 30 second walk from there would of been a better choice but hey they might of wanted that look?

sod all that just get a player or 4 in asap
but we finished 9th!
Mike the Dagger

It's not a fortune though, I can get those pop ups at 2 for £75 and the same company will print billboard for a couple of hundred quid maximum.

How much do the sponsors pay to the club? I appreciate West & Coe are pretty much part of the fabric, but if I was an outside entity considering investing in sponsoring the club I'd be hugely disillusioned that this is how the club treats its sponsors.

In one breath we claim to be a professional club, run as a business, the next we put on a pantomime like this.
Kevin

I imagine the journos were delighted it was held within staggering distance of the bar ;)
Alan

Mike the Dagger wrote:In one breath we claim to be a professional club, run as a business, the next we put on a pantomime like this.
Oh no we didn't.
Kevin

Alan wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:In one breath we claim to be a professional club, run as a business, the next we put on a pantomime like this.
Oh no we didn't.
:D
Voice of reason

Let's be honest the press will love to use this as a David v Goliath analogy
I bet Everton's press conference will look better on screen but they get a lot more practice
We'll all be happy to point out the difference in resources if a miracle does occur on Saturday :-)
Mike the Dagger

Voice of reason wrote:Let's be honest the press will love to use this as a David v Goliath analogy
I bet Everton's press conference will look better on screen but they get a lot more practice
We'll all be happy to point out the difference in resources if a miracle does occur on Saturday :-)
that isn't the point though. This is already the game with the biggest gulf between teams in terms of league places and therefore "the romantic tie" of the round. We didn't have to leave our trousers off to demonstrate that.

Commercially this is ridiculous. Anyone with any kind of marketing brain should have seen this was sorted out.
dagger4eva

If I was in charge of West & Coe or Traditional Builders et al id be mightily pissed that the 1st proprr presser the club held in a long time failed to show a single one of the clubs principal sponsors.

Just some half arsed half n half scarves that should've stayed in the Albanian factory or from wherever it is they came.

I recognise the 'table cloth' though... I think it's actually the matching bedsheet to the "wayne out" pillow case :) :)

Anyway, shit press conference aside lets just enjoy this time / game / weekend.
If we cant enjoy this we're obviously involved in the wrong sport
dagger4eva

Think this needed bumping back up, just because...

Reminiscent of last nights apparent farce.

#PubTeamFromEssex
Auntie Merge

This is a really poor show as regards the sponsors are concerned.
There should be a backdrop, similar to every interview on Sky Sports post match, which is hauled out at every single online interview, every press conference or opportunity.
These do not take much to produce and, providing we don't change sponsors frequently - which we haven't - should last for years.
Hardy1

Auntie Merge wrote:This is a really poor show as regards the sponsors are concerned.
There should be a backdrop, similar to every interview on Sky Sports post match, which is hauled out at every single online interview, every press conference or opportunity.
These do not take much to produce and, providing we don't change sponsors frequently - which we haven't - should last for years.
Maybe with the new man on board, who is obviously a half decent businessman, these types of things will be resolved, pushing the club forward and making it look more professional.
Chigwellian

The common denominator...... Thommo!

He should be proud of himself!! :ugeek:
Westcliff Dagger

To be fair West and Coe are based in Dagenham and effectively Pitsea type area so to advertise nationally makes no sense unless they are branching out.

Love the idea that Tommo did this on his usual half pint of bitter! :D