3 hard won points.....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
daggersjeff

.... by a fighting Daggers side today!!

Ref was abysmal....seemed intent on getting the Wombles a point..D'Ath looks the part in the midfield link, just needs to curb his impetuousity...cant fault any of the performances today especially Lewy...he kept us in the game a number of times.

Can anyone explain why we still have the likes of Josh Scott and Chris Dixon on our books??

The two of them sat on the bench throughout half time today, with obviously no interest in the game or keeping warmed up. To me that shows disrespect to the club, the fans and in particular the manager. When Dixon did get on, he had the pace of a dead slug, he gives nothing, would rather of seen Shields brought on for Murphy.

Any one any clue to why Wayne was sent off today?
Auntie Merge

Much better! Today we fought to the very end and it showed. When you can hold on to a one goal advantage with 10 men and decisions completely going against you, then that is play off form.

I thought Wimbledon looked like a conference side, physical and not able to score or make anything of any balls that went their way.

Wayne was sent off for arguing with the 4th official all the time about the lino, i believe. The ref came over to try and sort it out and sent him to the stand. Shame he couldn't send the lino off too.
Masked Man

I think we'd have lost had we kept 11 men on the field. It was heading that way. And was awful to watch. Post sending off was a great game to watch, and I didn't think we looked much/any worse with 10 men - what does that say?!!

Dixon? Let's give Shield anoter run out instead next time, huh? Time for a clear out of the dead wood!!

And a roof on the Bury Road end? :roll:
Daggers No 2 Fan

Not a great performance by any stretch of the imagination, but 3 hard fought points. They were terrible, hardly created a chance even with their two man advantage.

The referee can only be described as either a cheat or utterly incompetent.
While the sending off can't be argued with, had he done something about the two footed lunge on Abu just before it rather than playing on because the ball hit their player on the backside, then D'Ath doesn't commit the foul.
Just before being booked, Antwi ran his studs down Murphys leg, but apparently that isn't worth a booking, the same with their player just hauling Medy over when Burnett was then sent off. When Antwi did finally get booked, he made us take the free kick 10 yards behind where the foul occurred because he'd clearly forgotted that he'd taken Antwi away from the foul to book him.
The one where Murphy went down trying to go past Antwi should have resulted in a red card, but he clearly bottled it. Both had been booked, and either Antwi fouled or Murphy dived. It was one of the other.
There were also several instances where their players deliberately pulled back or blocked players who were trying to make runs off the ball, but he didn't have the nous to be doing anything other than just watching the ball.
Mark

Looked like a dive to me, but can't disagree that the ref was rubbish.
Daggers No 2 Fan

I thought Antwi clipped him but Murphy doesn't help with being so ready to go down. It was one of those that has to either be one of the other. Antwi definitely didn't play the ball and it clearly wasn't a case of Murphy just falling over.
Whichever way, he'd have to send one of them off, and he just bottled it.
ARNU

How is Connors starting ahead of a clearly faster stronger better player in Femi ? Thats twice now in 2 games Femi has come on to replace the weakling.Connors is one for the future but not now for sure.Murphy is lazy and needs to track back especially when we're down to 10 men,got right on my nerves he has today, and what is it with Wayne keep playing crappy Dickson ?? Booed on is not a sign of affection Wayne !

The game...I thought we stepped up a gear once D'ath got sent off.Medy was on fire today,Howell much improved,Doe and Ogogo were immense.Well done Daggers.I don't normally slag down officials but todays ref was a Ka....hunt !!

D'ath looked good,shame about the red.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggers No 2 Fan

If Murphy started tracking back when we were down to 10, then we'd have had even less of an outlet on the few occasions we did manage to get the ball. The one time he did get back he got booked anyway. If he'd kept going we'd have ended up down to 9.
You're obviously just going to moan about Dickson regardless, but Murphy was a booking and has played all over the Xmas period. We needed to bring someone on to be an outlet. It was either Dickson or Scott. It's hardly Dicksons fault if the ball is played nowhere near him when it is cleared. Some of our supporters seem to think that our players should be faster than Usain Bolt.
Dagdale

That was an exciting game to watch today and very surprised considering the conditions out there. Thought we literally ' rode the storm' well and deserved the three points and created a lot of opportunities. Good make up for the goal and Medy Elito was superb with Doey again solid at the back. The way Wimbledon countered though thought they're going to get a goal any minute and was on edge to say the least. Seen quite a few 10 man team scenarios now and most of them like ours today the fallen team rally round well, you know what I'd like to ask Neil Ardley why he took off those two guys on first substitution because I'm sure they would have got something out of this game, their No 3 Callum Kennedy was the barrier why we couldn't gain more momentum. I think there finishing power was very slack, which thankfully became our advantage on the day, although a second goal would be well appreciated. Had to bring on Wilko and Femi and great to see things are looking up again.
Richie

Absolutely loved it today, great performance and the sending off prompted some atmosphere!

Doe, Elito (particularly when we went down to 10), D'Ath & Murphy were all brilliant I thought. I questioned D'Ath before but he's won me over, looks very comfortable on the ball now and covers every blade of grass. Top player.

I didn't think the ref was bad, maybe should have booked Antwi earlier but don't think he got much wrong.

2014, the year of Dagenham perhaps!
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:How is Connors starting ahead of a clearly faster stronger better player in Femi ? Thats twice now in 2 games Femi has come on to replace the weakling.Connors is one for the future but not now for sure.Murphy is lazy and needs to track back especially when we're down to 10 men,got right on my nerves he has today, and what is it with Wayne keep playing crappy Dickson ?? Booed on is not a sign of affection Wayne !

The game...I thought we stepped up a gear once D'ath got sent off.Medy was on fire today,Howell much improved,Doe and Ogogo were immense.Well done Daggers.I don't normally slag down officials but todays ref was a Ka....hunt !!

D'ath looked good,shame about the red.
Jack Connors is a teenage lad learning his craft . He has not fone much wrong today or at anytime he has played played this year .Forget Murphy it will be him who is the next player to go for big money.He is a far better footballer then Femi who is just an honest lad who what he lacks in ablity makes up with passion. Jack Connors will play at a much higher level in time but for Chist sake he is a baby.

De'ith is now match fit and is showing what he is about. Shame about the red as we once again head into a big game without a string player in midfield. Great game today very little quality but 100% passoon from.both sides.

E
dagger4eva

Well, I think the highlight for me has to be the absolutely horrendous referee (I'm being sincere)

The 1st half was boring, uneventful, and the ground (barring Dons fans for 10 minutes) was totally silent!

Then step forward our stand in referee who following decision, after decision, after decision gave us in the crowd AND our team a much needed kick up the jacksie. Atmosphere in the last half hour was as good as its been for quite some time and PLEASE long may that continue.

Regards the game, other than the mentioned "referee" I would agree that standout performers for us were Lewington with a couple of very good blocks, Scott Doe who was immense, equally matched by our illustrious El capitan!
Rhys also worked his nuts off and was a unlucky not to grab another goal. When fortuitously put through in the 2nd half, the one extra touch he wanted just took him away from goal and the chance was gone. Even Medy put a real shift in today and caused havoc at times.

Back to Abu and well - I never thought I would say but I'm now totally convinced he should stay in mid-field opposed to RB. He is now finally starting to resemble the player we lost in Vincelot, with his energy, box to box running, chasing, tackling and regular contribution of goals. You could also see how much it al means to him by his fist clenching and pumping celebrations at the final whistle. A true leader - and a true dagger! Well done Abu.

So not the greatest of games, but considering the conditions and referee we did our best to stick to some good passing, flowing football. Hoofballs forward (by us) were at a real premium.
Thought it was a weird decision to take off Connors as he was playing well and I thought the change was more of a disruption than anything.
Will take the 3 points though, we finally bag a win against Wimbledon and it's mad to think that was our 300th game in the football league, and 100th win.

Should we STILL be considered a Conference league club punching above our weight???????? I think not!
matt_drfc

Haven't seen that type of performance for a long time, we dug in when needed and came out with the win, every player gave their all, worked their socks off and it paid off! Zav wasn't completed missed either. Wilkinson may play that holding position against York, he's another big presence in both boxes which is never a bad thing...
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:Murphy is lazy and needs to track back especially when we're down to 10 men
A pint of what Mr ARNU is drinking please....
ARNU

I like Murphy but he seems lethargic at times.He put a lot of energy into moaning and complaining to the ref or at his team mates though.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !