Record attendance for Daggers?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Phippo

I believe tomorrows game at Goodison Park has every chance of being the largest attendance figure in this clubs history! With limited ticket availability in most sections of Everton's ground, and them selling tickets until just after the kick off, it is possible we can have an audience larger then the 32,054 at Wembley who witnessed our triumph over Rotherham not so long ago! With that being over 7,500 more than the next largest attendance (against Woking) a few years ago, surely we will easily surpass that total?
Diggerthedog

Thought Sheff Wedensday was second?
Phippo

Very surprised by the "official" attendance yesterday! Certainly didn't look almost a quarter empty stadium to me!
Dagger83

There were a lot of empty seats in the stand to the right behind the goal and the upper tier where we were was almost empty. Probably seemed about right.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Mike the Dagger

Saturday was the second biggest crowd to ever watch a game featuring the Daggers and was the biggest "away" attendance ever (Wembley is neutral)

http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandred ... asp?stid=6

Great effort by the 1,883 Daggers.

Tommo reckoned we'd make about £90k out of the day after expenses and tax (in the White Star pub at Lime Street).
Chigwellian

half for Thommo, and half for the club... :lol:

I joke, but I'm probably quite near the truth
DI Mike Dashwood

I thought the crowd was about spot on to be honest. Remember there was over 1,000 in our end not sold, and if you looked into the top tier of the Glwadys Street end there were large blocks of empty seats in the restricted view areas, and also in the balcony tier of the main stand.

I guess the 90k Thommo is quoting will be direct gate receipts from this game itself, and while 90k is not huge, it is not to be sniffed at. But as well as this there is prize money from the first two rounds, TV money from Round 2 and spin offs from merchandise and things.

All in, a pretty beneficial cup run, as well as providing everyone with a great day out!!!
Mark

90k could get us a fair way towards 2 good players on 1 year deals.
TomMc

Chigwellian wrote:half for Thommo, and half for the club... :lol:

I joke, but I'm probably quite near the truth
And you say Thommo's been rude to you previously? I can't see why...
mickeyblue

2 wrongs dont make a right.
but we finished 9th!
Phippo

Wonder how many of the 1883 seats sold were restricted view tickets that got charged the extra pound! I know we are a poor club but this should not have happened!