Now that it's over.....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Voice of reason

I was at the back of the lower tier of the Daggers section with my Everton mate but heard none of the offensive songs so it must have been pretty localised
Only regular thing around us was the boring stuff about northerners having no jobs - yawn....
Everton people were very welcoming
We were in Everton's People's pub pub before and after the game and had a very friendly reception
A great day out and I think the team can take a lot of encouragement for the games coming up - starting at home on Saturday
JFJBENSTEAD

Fantastic day out and we defended stoutly throughout, which gives us great hope for the rest of the season.

My one qualm, aside from the constant 'sign-on' chant, was we never really went he'll for leather to try and trouble their keeper. It was only 1-0 for a long time and part of me would rather have shipped more late goals.

Still, the best away day yet.
Alan

There were about 10-15 who tried the McCann song and they abandoned it when nobody joined into
Heathwaydagger

Was disgusting hearing the bit about hilsborough and Yorkshire police. The pied piper "mark" and his little bunch of mongs started a couple of those chants. It did make me laugh seeing the idiots who would run a mile if it came on top giving it the biggun. Still was a good day for the club a few quid in the pocket. I pick and choose my daggers games as living so far away from the place and I can't see me rushing back with the absolute bellends that were there yesterday.
bearaab

Heathwaydagger wrote:Was disgusting hearing the bit about hilsborough and Yorkshire police. The pied piper "mark" and his little bunch of mongs started a couple of those chants. It did make me laugh seeing the idiots who would run a mile if it came on top giving it the biggun. Still was a good day for the club a few quid in the pocket. I pick and choose my daggers games as living so far away from the place and I can't see me rushing back with the absolute bellends that were there yesterday.
I'm in the same boat as you but all I can say is don't let the minority ruin it for you.
Mark

Thankfully didn't hear anything untoward and had a great day out. All the Everton fans seem think we were a good bunch.

Thought we did well to contain them and you can't help think what if, given that we pretty much gave them both goals. Little bit more concentration and we could be looking forward to a replay.

I think JS gives us a great chance of staying up but there's still a lot of work to be done.
DI Mike Dashwood

Absolutely right.

As I said in another thread, there were 1,900 people there yesterday so while the moronic chanting is a bit embarrassing, and needless, it should be remembered that 95% of people there were a credit to the Club, as they always are.
ARNU

We had a great day and when you think about it,being camped in our half for 90 minutes by a top prem team and only concede 1 for 85 mins would have been a great workout for our defense.We were never gonna win it,Im happy with the result and the windfall its given us.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

Great day, great weekend stay in Liverpool city center which coming back on the 13.47 'daggers special train' today nearly every dagger agreed was one of the best cities in England for nightlife and a weekend beano, so much choice and as much as we have a rivalry with em they're a pretty friendly bunch those scousers. I'll definitely second that peoples pub right outside the ground, one of the best 'fans pubs' ever set my foot in, superb treatment of fans especially to away fans and their videos of old 'Everton heroes' behind the bar was a superb performance. even the stray cat put in a few laughs and day's like this I hope we not have to wait for too long in the following seasons. It was a bring out'the old school day' but even though we do our stuff in League two, why can't we have a bit of this more regularly? Were probably never be a Portsmouth but surely our team would play far better with support like yesterday more. 2-0 and the way we set up trying to make something of the day without a whitewash should make us more proud of em. Three performances now back under JS and sure we have enough in the tank now to drive away from the drop under him.
Auntie Merge

There were a few wallies to the right of me that kept trying to sing really insulting songs to Everton and they were repeatedly making hand gestures in the direction of the away fans.
I pulled them up about three times and twice I got them to change tune by starting a 'digger dagger' and a 'Johnny still's barmy army'.

Everton were so friendly and really welcoming; I hope we get to play them again real soon.
Corinthian

Great day out and a very good defensive performance. Hard to single out performances but I thought Doidge , Labadie, Cousins and the young lad Worrell were outstanding for the Daggers. We looked well organised and like we were playing to a game plan. Our fans were fantastic and the Everton crowd and stewards were very welcoming - a really good family club . Let's get right behind the team and the manager and turn the season round. Up the Daggers !