Steve Thompson

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:Just being devils advocate here.......

This incident.....is it how it says above ? Totally unprovoked with no previous ?(Just asking)

Maybe just my nature but I cant ever remember resorting to name calling anyone without at least a more than fair bit of provocation.

The initial post on here dosent give us any indication of facial expression tone or volume at the time.Id have to be pretty pissed off to instruct someone to ****** off and then Id also have to take into account the likelihood of getting a dig off the offended person my advice was aimed at.In other words Thommo don't look like no cage fighter or bar room brawler and having met and spoke to him I do find this very out of character.Not to say it didn't happen but you may understand my shock.
It is certainly not out of character as it is not the first incident and it wont be the last. I like Thommo but at times needs to wind his neck in a understand the supporters keep him in a job and will all have differing opinions to his, Needs to act professional at all times regardless of any provocation. If I had said to my clients what I have heard him say to some people I would have been sacked a long time ago.
dave seagull

[quote="Alan"]I suggest an official complaint is made. These incidents with Tommo need to be looked at and if appropriate, some action taken to ensure Tommo knows he works for the club, he is not the club.[/quote.

Spot on Al, he ought to remember his roots and secondly, as an employee and representative of Dagenham & Redbridge FC, be held accountable for his actions by the club.

If I recall correctly, wasn't there an 'incident' involving Auntie Merge recently. It was eventually resolved, but how many chances do you give him?
lupins

Perhaps keyboard warriors could also maintain a level of respect in postings its a two way thing

Customers using some of the terms I see here would be asked to leave
ARNU

In my life certainly in business I never met anyone who would just tell you to ****** off even if over a sensible grown up conversation about something as trivial as football theory.It remains my experience that you'd have to offend someone for that instruction to be given.Thats not to say this didn't happen.

As for expecting people representing the club to just take any old shit because "we pay their wages" Im not sure I agree with that either.I value and respect my clients but their is a limit to what I could reasonably expect behaviour wise,certainly speaking at or down to me or being at all offensive id tell them to ****** right off,****** em LOL!!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RampantDuke

ARNU wrote:In my life certainly in business I never met anyone who would just tell you to ****** off even if over a sensible grown up conversation about something as trivial as football theory.It remains my experience that you'd have to offend someone for that instruction to be given.Thats not to say this didn't happen.

As for expecting people representing the club to just take any old shit because "we pay their wages" Im not sure I agree with that either.I value and respect my clients but their is a limit to what I could reasonably expect behaviour wise,certainly speaking at or down to me or being at all offensive id tell them to ****** right off,****** em LOL!!
Arnu - just to set the record straight I was complimenting Steve Thompson on the job he did with getting rid of Burnett. He seemed to really take exception which makes me wonder if he really wanted to do it. I had no intention of touching a raw nerve but obviously something I said did. I was certainly not offensive and his reaction was not in keeping with the circumstances. I am just as baffled as you as to why he reacted in this way but it is clear that this is not the first time nor will it be the last that he has acted obnoxiously to a supporter.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Phippo

Rampant, going by previous comments attributed to Steve Thompson regarding Wayne, I think "getting rid" of him was probably not at all a pleasant task to undertake. Think many would consider the length of Wayne's reign, as an act of loyalty to him by the board (however misguided that may seem to many)!
RampantDuke

Phippo wrote:Rampant, going by previous comments attributed to Steve Thompson regarding Wayne, I think "getting rid" of him was probably not at all a pleasant task to undertake. Think many would consider the length of Wayne's reign, as an act of loyalty to him by the board (however misguided that may seem to many)!
Fair enough Phippo and I think if he had expressed that as reasonably as you just have then it would have been fine. I accept that he was 'tired and emotional' but his reaction to what was meant to be a compliment was way over the top, unnecessary and downright abusive. As many people have pointed out there are two sides to every story and I have put my side so unless Mr Thompson wants to put his version on this thread then I think it is unfair for me to comment any more. Everyone will have their own experiences of dealing with him and I guess can make their own mind up from that.

If we get 3 points on Saturday maybe we can kiss and make up in the bar after!
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
mickeyblue

how about during his walkaround on saturday 10 people thank him for getting rid and his response is the same and they do ****** off, thats 10 people not paying any more.
or he says ****** off and gets a earful and that poor fan gets banned for reacting.

or worse still get a smack in the mouth.
but we finished 9th!
dagger4eva

For "tired & emotional" read "pissed as a Fart"

He never has had people skills, be it with supporters or staff and never will.

Unfortunately, despite him only being an employee of the football club, he very much rules the roost and will continue to do so ad infinitum!!

Shame you were on the receiving end but having been so randomly & unfairly myself last season I wouldnt hold out for an apology any time soon if I were you!

I'll just add that I would LOVE to know who these people were emailing him to say what a mistake he had made.
I dont think there was a single soul in the crowd at the Bristol Rovers game that didnt call for Burnett to be sacked!
ARNU

RampantDuke wrote:
ARNU wrote:In my life certainly in business I never met anyone who would just tell you to ****** off even if over a sensible grown up conversation about something as trivial as football theory.It remains my experience that you'd have to offend someone for that instruction to be given.Thats not to say this didn't happen.

Arnu - just to set the record straight I was complimenting Steve Thompson on the job he did with getting rid of Burnett. He seemed to really take exception which makes me wonder if he really wanted to do it. I had no intention of touching a raw nerve but obviously something I said did. I was certainly not offensive and his reaction was not in keeping with the circumstances. I am just as baffled as you as to why he reacted in this way but it is clear that this is not the first time nor will it be the last that he has acted obnoxiously to a supporter.
I was being devils advocate.I've received a great many PM's from people I have grown to know and respect on here all praising your good Character RD.I accept its how you say and can only guess it was taken in a negative way by a man clearly acting against his own personal wishes.No excuse.Hope you told him to ****** off back.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !