Steve Thompson

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RampantDuke

Coming back from the game tonight I walked along Euston Road with Steve Thompson. I told him that I thought he had made the right decision getting rid of Wayne and bringing in John Still. In return I was treated to a whole load of verbal abuse from him which finished in him telling me to '****** off'. This was witnessed by a good few fans as well as the Chairman and his friends (who to be fair did apologise to me on Thompson's behalf). I really don't think it is acceptable. I am not sure whether he always behaves like this when someone hands him a compliment but I must say tonight I am absolutely disgusted that he is running the football club that I have loved and supported for 32 years. It's such a shame because I have been one of his biggest supporters over the years - not any more.
Last edited by RampantDuke on Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Chigwellian

Maybe he was upset by seeing the North Korean Daggers flag flying.... :D

But, I agree Rampant, I've also had an apology from the chairman on behalf of the club in response to Steve Thompson stepping out of line
ARNU

Maybe he got the wrong end of the stick in which case this is unfortunate.Geezers taken some pretty vile abuse from quite a few lately.Tell him to ****** off back.He does a lot of good for this club you don't want him sacked do you ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RampantDuke

ARNU wrote:Maybe he got the wrong end of the stick in which case this is unfortunate.Geezers taken some pretty vile abuse from quite a few lately.Tell him to ****** off back.He does a lot of good for this club you don't want him sacked do you ?
I don't think he got the wrong end of the stick. He told me that he has had a lot of e-mails from season ticket holders telling him he was wrong to sack Burnett. That may or may not be true but there was absolutely no need for the reaction I got from him. I don't want him sacked, as mentioned before I was one of his biggest supporters until yesterday but how many more fans can he alienate before something is done? A simple apology would be a start.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Dagger Steve

RampantDuke wrote: had a lot of e-mails from season ticket holders telling him he was wrong to sack Burnett.
Does sussex have a season ticket?
Alan

I suggest an official complaint is made. These incidents with Tommo need to be looked at and if appropriate, some action taken to ensure Tommo knows he works for the club, he is not the club.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dagger Steve wrote:
RampantDuke wrote: had a lot of e-mails from season ticket holders telling him he was wrong to sack Burnett.
He did not sack Burnett the Board did.

Was not the only Person who did not want anybody sacked including our biggest supporterJohn Still , have you not heard the repeated compliments he has given him since he came back.

Always been my take that I would fully support whoever was in the dug out , that torch has been handed over now so please give it a rest.

All I will say is that people said they were bored with the style of football under the old regeime, there has been a marked improvement in results since he has gone no arguement there which has manifested its own sort of excitement, but come on I have seen nothing in the three games that says to me we are going to be mesmerised any time soon

Also give the poor bloke some slack him and the Chairman were mistaken for Virgin Rail Staff at lime Street Station last night, no wonder he was not in the best of moods.
Alan

Give him a break for telling a supporter to ****** off because somebody mistook him for rail staff 2-3 hours earlier? Seriously Sussex, that is ridiculous.
Mike the Dagger

Dagger Steve wrote:
I know he got a lot of email about getting rid of Burnett.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Alan wrote:Give him a break for telling a supporter to ****** off because somebody mistook him for rail staff 2-3 hours earlier? Seriously Sussex, that is ridiculous.
Oh sorry it was just a light hearted remark ffs , something I thought was rather funny at the time.

No doubt Mr Thompson will have his own account of events and untill that is heard then it's wrong to pass judgement.

That said it don't sound good darts.
Alan

Which is why I think all of these incidents should be reported and investigated. If he is treating his customers like this, then it needs to be dealt with.
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Dagger Steve wrote:
Was not the only Person who did not want anybody sacked including our biggest supporterJohn Still , have you not heard the repeated compliments he has given him since he came back.
I wondered how long it would take for you to use stuff Still has said to defend Burnett.
You want others to give it a rest, but can't help yourself but to jump to Burnetts defence at the drop of a hat.

Still isn't going to publically slate Burnett, he isn't that stupid. Shame that Burnett didn't learn a little from him about how to communicate via the press.
SUSSEX DAGGER

[/quote]

I wondered how long it would take for you to use stuff Still has said to defend Burnett.
You want others to give it a rest, but can't help yourself but to jump to Burnetts defence at the drop of a hat.

Still isn't going to publically slate Burnett, he isn't that stupid. Shame that Burnett didn't learn a little from him about how to communicate via the press.[/quote]

Well I fell for that did'n t I . Was goaded into a response

Anyhow as I say I will support the Man now at the healm and will be at every single game for the rest of the season, now doubt you will continue with your boycott because attractive football ain't going to happen .
Grimsweeper

So basically you'll just blindly back anyone who is manager?

Regardless of how much of useless clown they prove to be?

So, about as educated and informed as one of Aunties score predictions then?

Sorry Merge!
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Well I fell for that did'n t I . Was goaded into a response

Anyhow as I say I will support the Man now at the healm and will be at every single game for the rest of the season, now doubt you will continue with your boycott because attractive football ain't going to happen .
See, if you're going to try and turn something around to have a little dig at someone else you should really try and be vaguely accurate about it.
1) I'm not boycotting, have never boycotted and have never claimed to be doing so either. As such it will be 100% impossible for me to continue boycotting
2) I've never said anything about wanting attractive football. So that would be a bloody stupid reason for me to continue the boycott that I haven't actually started.

It's good to hear that you'll now support the man at the helm. Of course you did absolutely 100% before he left as well didn't you. You definitely didn't ever complain about him on here - especially in regard to him responding to people approaching him in public places in a way you didn't like.
Last edited by Adrian on Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.