James Dunne

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

Signed for Cambridge according to the conference forum
http://www.theconferenceforum.co.uk/thread/47696
bearaab

It's been confirmed. Gutted.
RayleighDagger1986

I'm guessing we couldn't afford him. Wouldn't have minded him coming back here after being released but not to be. I'm guessing Cambridge must be paying a fair whack as well. Was he not reportedly on about 2.5k a week....
stanton101

Such a shame, but there you go. Wish him all the best, he was a terrific player for us.
Adrian

I'm not sure he was as good as some think he was. His most important attribute was not being Boucaud or Ferdinand.
BarkingRambo

Considering he was apparently really great in he SPL and was part of the St Johnstone team that won their FA cup I expected someone who would be winning games for us single handed.

He will be missed but i wonder if it's as much as we think, if the Everton game was anything to go by our new loanees will be an ok replacement
bearaab

After reading that link it looks like not too many fans of his former clubs are all that find of him as well.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Was well thought of by a number of Pompey fans that I know but they gave me a couple of warnings.

Injury prone and a red card waiting to happen .

Bit harsh I know but the red card proved correct , there was also a couple of bookings if I recall.

Got through his time here it appears without any knocks but when you hear the money he was meant to be earning the safest conclusion surely was cracking loan signing but a hell of a risk long term with our budget restraints.
DI Mike Dashwood

I thought he did good job for us, especially in the cup games and against Plymouth, although I think Joss has been more impressive in recent weeks, and if he is after silly money, then the Club should not take huge risks on one player.

Best of luck to him though. Seemed like a bloke who will give 100% week in week out, and you can't blame players at this level for earning as much as they can while they can.
Mike the Dagger

Adrian wrote:I'm not sure he was as good as some think he was. His most important attribute was not being Boucaud or Ferdinand.
Have to agree with Adrian on this one. He did a job for us when what we had already couldn't (and Burnett refused to give Frankie Raymond a go). I'd have quite liked to have kept him, but not at the cost of breaking the bank. Good luck mate, thanks for the efforts.