Hmmmm

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Im with Mike on this. I thought (1st half particularly) we played some blinding stuff. Used the wings - pace was fast, created several chances. This gave the crowd a chance to get revved up early doors.

Still said he was unhappy that 6 goals had come from restarts since he came & the difference is.. when he says they will work on it, I actually believe it and fully expect to notice a difference as a result!

No-one is saying Still's shit doesnt stink but likewise I dont believe there isnt a soul who hasnt noticed a markable difference in the team's overall performance levels since his re-arrival.

That aside.. we need to start winning games, and we need to start damn soon!
Corinthian

http://gu.com/p/4fqat

Guardian article
Mike the Dagger

Corinthian wrote:http://gu.com/p/4fqat

Guardian article
Decent read. Bit odd quoting the population of Dagenham though. 60% support other clubs and 39% are immigrants.
DI Mike Dashwood

Is there a reason why that 39% can't support a football club then??
ARNU

Mike the Dagger wrote:

Guardian article
Decent read. Bit odd quoting the population of Dagenham though. 60% support other clubs and 39% are immigrants.
By far the most ridiculous post you ever made.

Probably 50% of our squad are immigrants be it irish or elsewhere.The skin colour might not always give it away Mike :lol:

Lucky you don't support Arsenal mate.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:

Guardian article
By far the most ridiculous post you ever made.

Probably 50% of our squad are immigrants be it irish or elsewhere.The skin colour might not always give it away Mike :lol:

Lucky you don't support Arsenal mate.
Who mentioned skin colour? Definitely not me.

I would hazard a guess that not many of our regular supporters are residents of the borough though.
ARNU

Just a bit confused why you mentioned immigrants.I wasn't aware you had to live in Victoria Road to support Dagenham either.For what its worth my parents both born and bred in Dagenham,my dad was born in Sterry Road and lived in Lodge Avenue,mum born and raised in Rugby Road.I used to live in Becontree Avenue near the Robin hood surely that qualifies me,made enough money to get the hell out of 'naam and promptly did so.Why wouldn't ya ? Shithole when I lived there shithole now :lol:
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:Just a bit confused why you mentioned immigrants.I wasn't aware you had to live in Victoria Road to support Dagenham either.For what its worth my parents both born and bred in Dagenham,my dad was born in Sterry Road and lived in Lodge Avenue,mum born and raised in Rugby Road.I used to live in Becontree Avenue near the Robin hood surely that qualifies me,made enough money to get the hell out of 'naam and promptly did so.Why wouldn't ya ? Shithole when I lived there shithole now :lol:
Come of ARNU, you are a bright enough fella not to get lost in all this PC bollocks.

I've never lived in the borough, I was in Elm Park as a kid, one stop up the District Line, hence me being a Dagger, five minutes to the station, five minutes on the train and five minutes to the ground, job done. I now live in darkest Essex and drive half an hour to home games as a result. I would suggest that 90% of our support are from the area originally and have moved out.

We gain very little support from the people moving in to the area round the ground as they have no affinity to the club at all. Many of these are immigrants. That isn't derogatory or judgemental, it is fact. The local shop at opposite Victoria Road is a Polish convenience store. As far as I am aware we don't have a great following in Warsaw.

So there may be 200,000 people in the borough and only 1,500 home fans there on Saturday, which was stated in the Guardian article, but this actually means nothing given the choice of local alternative clubs to follow and the make up of those 200,000.

So off your hobby horse sunshine and go pick on some one else.

---------

Some time ago i wrote this in a published article: "The clubs catchment area, broadly defined as the London Boroughs of Barking and Dagenham, Redbridge and Havering have a combined population of around 650,000. Of course many of these will either not be interested in football, or will already have allegiances elsewhere, but this is a huge potential for the small club from Essex to pull from."

Sadly we have wasted a lot of time over the last couple of years losing numbers off our core support while Burnett's Daggers have been serving up tripe. Hopefully we can turn the corner again soon.
durnzo

I can feel a poll coming on!
dave seagull

durnzo wrote:I can feel a poll coming on!
Too many Polls .......and Poles! Enoughs enough.

We could have a Poll on Polls though :shock:
ARNU

Mike the Dagger wrote:
ARNU wrote:Just a bit confused why you mentioned immigrants.I wasn't aware you had to live in Victoria Road to support Dagenham either.For what its worth my parents both born and bred in Dagenham,my dad was born in Sterry Road and lived in Lodge Avenue,mum born and raised in Rugby Road.I used to live in Becontree Avenue near the Robin hood surely that qualifies me,made enough money to get the hell out of 'naam and promptly did so.Why wouldn't ya ? Shithole when I lived there shithole now :lol:
Come of ARNU, you are a bright enough fella not to get lost in all this PC bollocks.

I've never lived in the borough, I was in Elm Park as a kid, one stop up the District Line, hence me being a Dagger, five minutes to the station, five minutes on the train and five minutes to the ground, job done. I now live in darkest Essex and drive half an hour to home games as a result. I would suggest that 90% of our support are from the area originally and have moved out.

We gain very little support from the people moving in to the area round the ground as they have no affinity to the club at all. Many of these are immigrants. That isn't derogatory or judgemental, it is fact. The local shop at opposite Victoria Road is a Polish convenience store. As far as I am aware we don't have a great following in Warsaw.

So there may be 200,000 people in the borough and only 1,500 home fans there on Saturday, which was stated in the Guardian article, but this actually means nothing given the choice of local alternative clubs to follow and the make up of those 200,000.

So off your hobby horse sunshine and go pick on some one else.

---------

Some time ago i wrote this in a published article: "The clubs catchment area, broadly defined as the London Boroughs of Barking and Dagenham, Redbridge and Havering have a combined population of around 650,000. Of course many of these will either not be interested in football, or will already have allegiances elsewhere, but this is a huge potential for the small club from Essex to pull from."

Sadly we have wasted a lot of time over the last couple of years losing numbers off our core support while Burnett's Daggers have been serving up tripe. Hopefully we can turn the corner again soon.
I'm easy,you can dislike, hate or love whoever you want,and for whatever reasons no matter how sensible or ridiculous they may seem to others.Just don't disguise your feelings as something else would be my advice to anyone bothering to listen.Take it or leave it.

The assumption that all 650,000 are football fans is wrong I think.Also Im sure foreign people hate shit football as much as anyone else.Theres a hall near me that does ballet classes,never even been in it....should I move ?
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote:
I'm easy,you can dislike, hate or love whoever you want,and for whatever reasons no matter how sensible or ridiculous they may seem to others.Just don't disguise your feelings as something else would be my advice to anyone bothering to listen.Take it or leave it.

The assumption that all 650,000 are football fans is wrong I think.Also Im sure foreign people hate shit football as much as anyone else.Theres a hall near me that does ballet classes,never even been in it....should I move ?
Which bit of "many of these will either not be interested in football, or will already have allegiances elsewhere" is unclear?

As trolling goes, its a poor effort.