Hmmmm

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Have to agree with Sussex on his comments... Yes it's an improvement, but it's another game we could of, should of won but came away with no points... We can't expect to stay up without a single Home win this season! Yes it was against the form team but we created chances and didn't take them. Newport were shocking yet we created nothing and had a deserved 0-0. That's still one more point than yesterday. All the will in the world isn't a substitute for a win
leewilson

Adrian wrote:
Mark wrote:Goals change games. Our forwards take one of the sitters they missed and we probably win 2 nil or 2-1. Once we were on the back foot they're always going to score due to the quality they have.

Chambers missed 2 great chances, gave the ball away several times, miscontrolled in good areas, and pulled out of at least 3 challenges that he should have made. I'd say a good support for Doidge should be at the very top of our shopping list.
I can't work out how anyone thought he had a good game. He's a bottler and won't go for 75-25 challenges, let alone 50-50s. He also doesn't seem to have any idea of some of the basics - first half he gets wide and has to either pick out Doidge, or pull the ball back to the penalty spot - but he tries to smash it as hard as he can somewhere in between the two. Then the chance in the second half where he has to go across the keeper, but instead goes for the near post and pretty much passes it to their keeper.
I agree with both of you but at the same time he does manage to be a nuisance. Whenever he has played up front this season, he's at least the opposition's defence know they're in for a game. He's very good at dropping into space to pick up the ball and also seems to have an understanding with Doidge as the flick ons were effective. He should have scored 2 yesterday. Then again, he managed 2 the other week. He's very hot and cold in front of goal. When/If McClure is fit, I wouldn't mind seeing him paired with Doidge. It's slightly frustrating Cureton doesn't seem to read the way Doidge plays. On paper them two work together but it doesn't seem to translate to the pitch.

Intrigued to see what the new guy is like. He doesn't seem as mobile as Doidge aerially but certainly seems to have a lot of strength back to goal.
ARNU

So including yesterdays disallowed goal Chambers has scored 3 in 3 league games.I reckon he's a confidence player and the more we build it the more he'll give back.Always a menace since stilly took over again does far more than mcClueless in my books.This is just a case of people not allowing him any leaway. 3in 3 we're not dropping Doidge are we ? Who is also doing very well right now.

Also...didn't really get much of a look at the new fella but does rather look like one of Stillys Cunningtonesque signings ala Rob Edmands and Cameron Lancaster from the 15 minutes we got.Too early to say,wouldnt be dropping Doidge or Chambers on that showing.

Anyone want to discuss wonderboy Jodi Jones ? A poor Sean Shields if there ever was one.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

People at dagenham have never liked seeing a player who bottles physical contact. If he scores every week then people will put up with it but that's unlikely given his record. I do actually agree Lee that he does drop into space well to pick the ball up and would also like to see McClure back.

As for Jones he looks decent when he comes on. Last 2 games against a prem side and the top team he hasn't had long to impress. Do you expect him to win the game by himself in 15 minutes? He's 18 and shouldn't be rushed. He's got far more ability than someone like Shields. He strikes the ball with very good technique when the opportunity arises.
Alan

McClure - I'd forgotten about him. Crikey, when is he due back?
Mark

Physio says he's back in full training.
ARNU

So we are teetering on the drop zone but we can spare time for Jody Jones and sicknote McClure to "develop" whilst never really achieving anything in a Daggers shirt the pair of them, but poor old Ashley Chambers who's on a goal a game gets slated regardless ??? At worst he's(chambers) done more and is likely to do more than the pair of them put together.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

Nobody said McClure needs to develop - he's got the same number of goals as Chambers in less games. And he pulls out of less challenges.

Jones is 18. He needs to develop. I'm not sure anybody is saying we should put him in.
Adrian

Mark wrote:Nobody said McClure needs to develop - he's got the same number of goals as Chambers in less games. And he pulls out of less challenges.

Jones is 18. He needs to develop. I'm not sure anybody is saying we should put him in.
Come on Mark, don't go using facts when we could be pretending that Chambers scored yesterday.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Why can't we pretend. We pretend that playing well and not winning home games will keep us up or so it seems.

Playing well and loseing , done that a few times this season and have not always lost, gets you the same amount of points as playing badly and loseing.
leewilson

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Why can't we pretend. We pretend that playing well and not winning home games will keep us up or so it seems.

Playing well and loseing , done that a few times this season and have not always lost, gets you the same amount of points as playing badly and loseing.
Yesterday's game was the best performance of the season at home. I feel far more confident after yesterday that we will start picking up points at home. There have been 2 other home games this season under Wayne where I thought we played well (Plymouth and Mansfield) although we couldn't defend for our lives in the 2nd one.

I'm not sure what your agenda is exactly. You were ultimately positive under Wayne and now he's gone are ultimately negative despite the actual situation being the complete reverse. I feel like sometimes you get an idea planted in your head, maybe by 1 or 2 people that work at the club, and you refuse to buckle on that point until it's completely untenable.
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Why can't we pretend. We pretend that playing well and not winning home games will keep us up or so it seems.

No one has said that playing well and losing will keep us up. However a performance like that against the likes of a Stevenage or Newport would have seen us much better off.

The funny thing is that if yesterday had been under Burnett you'd be telling us all how he will keep us up.
We have 3 good chances in the first 15 minutes yesterday. I don't think that happened once this season under Burnett.
Alan

Adrian wrote:

No one has said that playing well and losing will keep us up. However a performance like that against the likes of a Stevenage or Newport would have seen us much better off.

The funny thing is that if yesterday had been under Burnett you'd be telling us all how he will keep us up.
We have 3 good chances in the first 15 minutes yesterday. I don't think that happened once this season under Burnett.
This.

Give it a rest Sussex, he's gone.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Nothing to do with who Manages the team , if you miss chances like we did yesterday and give goals away like we once again did yesterday you lose football matches , simple as. Now under 20 games left and time is running out . Hopefull when this monkey is off our back we can finish the second half of the season strongly at home

Yes we played well and the posative is we are making chances, be very worried if we were not .

Big big game next week , looking forward to it another day off work , another long drive an excessive toll to get into the gaff to pay and I think we will win . Now there's positives thinking for you
bearaab

Does no one else think he's just fishing? Having you all on...