last 10 mins again

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Cruel life being a goalkeeper he pulled of two fab saves before that horlicks and let's face it he should be saving that.

Just hope the new found confidence is not lost after today , is it a good thing that we don't play next week ?
stanton101

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Dont think we were that bad . Risky playing a high line and we simply could not get on the ball second half and when Doidge went off it simply did not stick and kept coming back .

The big game changer was the superb tackle on Doidge mid way into second half , a real do or die effort from their centre half that left him injured. Get that wrong and Doidge has a penalty at worse or a tap in. Talking of Penalties us and Plymouth we still the only two team s not to get one this season in the league. How many teams have got valueable points from that situation this season.

It's disappointing but what an allotment if a pitch. The half that we defended Second half was far better then the end we were attacking.

Turn those halfs round and we are as cock a hoop as our opponents tonight.

Keep the faith it is not done yet by a long chalk
The end we were attacking!!! Are you sure mate. Doidge got tackled by their centre half and Labadie's cross in to the stands, that's it, that's all there was. The rest was like the ******** Alamo. We invited them on, practically from the start of the 2nd half. No outlet, whatsoever, dreadful tactics I'm afraid. Bring on Jones and Cureton and there's the outlet, one to hold the ball up and one with pace, give them something to think about, instead of the gangling Hawkins who for me is clearly not ready for this league just yet. The messiah that is JS, has indeed improved us, but to sit back and try to defend a lead for 50 minutes is asking for trouble and so it proved. Really poor result and two points definitely thrown away.
Dagdale

The story of our season: what the ****** happens in our dressing room at half-times? because I've lost count when daggers reappear second half's, we sit back and with a team two down and like us scraping for survival and at home didn't you just know it would become a different story at the end. Can't get me head around this season, some say I'd have settled for a point before this game but were so awful at home don't think it warrants talking about getting wins against Yeovil and York because against this sought of side a three points IS A MUST and get to move out of this dangerous relegation zone, were running out of time. Real bad news because yet again they put some areas of great play and effort, but need a kick up the jacksy for letting it slip so badly, I feel if they'd scored quickly after restart we'd have been talking about another game lost here.
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Cruel life being a goalkeeper he pulled of two fab saves before that horlicks and let's face it he should be saving that.

Just hope the new found confidence is not lost after today , is it a good thing that we don't play next week ?
It's a bad thing we don't play next week, we could be mile behind by our next game and we enter mid Feb without a single home win to our name. Our home form will be our downfall.
stanton101

At the start of the 2nd half we should have gone 4-4-2 and brought Jodi on, their left back was having a nightmare. And was pony all game. Instead 2nd half he looked like the new Leighton baines ffs.
Dagdale

Unless he got a knock taking off Christian was the biggest mistake of the day by the bench, Newport could hardly deal with him first half and to watch their confidence grow when he went off was startling, and also just love seeing Joe Worrall in a daggers shirt, brilliant! hardly anything went past him especially first half, seems to be teaming up well with Diki, without those two yesterday it would have been curtains.
SUSSEX DAGGER

stanton101 wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Dont think we were that bad . Risky playing a high line and we simply could not get on the ball second half and when Doidge went off it simply did not stick and kept coming back .

The big game changer was the superb tackle on Doidge mid way into second half , a real do or die effort from their centre half that left him injured. Get that wrong and Doidge has a penalty at worse or a tap in. Talking of Penalties us and Plymouth we still the only two team s not to get one this season in the league. How many teams have got valueable points from that situation this season.

It's disappointing but what an allotment if a pitch. The half that we defended Second half was far better then the end we were attacking.

Turn those halfs round and we are as cock a hoop as our opponents tonight.

Keep the faith it is not done yet by a long chalk
The end we were attacking!!! Are you sure mate. Doidge got tackled by their centre half and Labadie's cross in to the stands, that's it, that's all there was. The rest was like the ******** Alamo. We invited them on, practically from the start of the 2nd half. No outlet, whatsoever, dreadful tactics I'm afraid. Bring on Jones and Cureton and there's the outlet, one to hold the ball up and one with pace, give them something to think about, instead of the gangling Hawkins who for me is clearly not ready for this league just yet. The messiah that is JS, has indeed improved us, but to sit back and try to defend a lead for 50 minutes is asking for trouble and so it proved. Really poor result and two points definitely thrown away.
Mmmmmm . Still thought that we looked comfatable untill Doidge went off in as much we defended well and they did not look like they knew how to break us down.

Now I have questioned Chambers courage more then most but after that yesterday there can be no doubt .

If you are playing direct then you needed your front men to roll up their sleeves aka Doidge . Chambers did not seem to want to challange let alone look like winning anything.

If we are going to set up and play the style we did yesterday then Chambers simply can not remain imo.

Now don't jump down my throat and say I am using him as a scapegoat, he has many attributes but he simply looked totally ineffective in that set up yesterday.
DI Mike Dashwood

What did Chambers do that was so cowardly or un-courageous yesterday Sussex?? Some of your posts are interesting and informative, and thought provoking at the same time, and you get to 90% of games so you have a lot to go on compared to others, but this Chambers thing is frankly a load of nonsense. He worked as hard as anyone yesterday. He is not going to win a load of headers is he?? And he was played off the front man (Doidge) so the majority of long balls were aimed at, and reached Doidge??

I thought overall it was a strange game in all honesty. We started well (obviously) but then spent most of the first half on the back foot, without them getting behind us to often. We did then create a couple of half chances just before the break, and although the second half continued in the same vein, we had a period between about 55-65 minutes where we created a couple of half chances through Muldoon and Doidge and put together two or three good moves. After that though it was backs to the wall for 30 minutes, and once they got one you just knew they would get the second. The only saving grace in the end was that we didn't let in a third as I think they had at least another two corners after they had equalised!!!
Adrian

Chambers bottles challenges. Not in the air, but on the ground.

He never wins a 50/50 challenge because he just doesn't go for them.
DI Mike Dashwood

Sorry Adrian, you are right, he did that loads yesterday, I forgot you were there to see it.
Adrian

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Sorry Adrian, you are right, he did that loads yesterday, I forgot you were there to see it.
I was talking genearly, not about yesterday.

On the basis that you've not managed to directly contradict what I said, I'll assume it's because you can't.
DI Mike Dashwood

Not at all. If you read my original post, and you appear to read all posts and points in finite detail, you will see the references I made were to the game yesterday. I didn't see Chambers bottle any tackles at the game yesterday and I thought he ran his socks off, as did most of the Team even if the strategy and direction of our play did not seem to work out. I think people get something in their head about certain players overall, but yesterday I certainly didn't see anyone from our side shirking challenges.

I would also say in my view Chambers shows a lot of courage to get on the ball and try to do things (albeit not always with success) which is a courage of a different variety in it's own right.
Adrian

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Not at all. If you read my original post, and you appear to read all posts and points in finite detail, you will see the references I made were to the game yesterday. I didn't see Chambers bottle any tackles at the game yesterday and I thought he ran his socks off, as did most of the Team even if the strategy and direction of our play did not seem to work out. I think people get something in their head about certain players overall, but yesterday I certainly didn't see anyone from our side shirking challenges.

I would also say in my view Chambers shows a lot of courage to get on the ball and try to do things (albeit not always with success) which is a courage of a different variety in it's own right.
I did read your original.post. You made no mention either way of him even going for tackles, and haven't done so until I challenged it.
He always runs around a lot. He never does anything once he run somewhere though.
I saw him bottle tackles last week and at Everton. I've seen him do it throughout his time with us.
Richie

Yesterday is surely something we'll have to get used to if we stick with the 3-5-2. Teams are going to get crosses into the box and on the whole we defended them well yesterday. Muldoon and Labadie barely had a kick 2nd half which was the issue, I'm not a fan on the whole but Boucard was the best of the midfield 3 yesterday I think.

Chambers was Chambers, no different to usual. And O'Brien would be my keeper of choice, not just after yesterday but they both make a similar amount of saves/mistakes and he can kick better.
SUSSEX DAGGER

It's all about opinions Mike I suppose. Courage is in hindsight the wrong word.

The role he was playing I think he would do very well if he looked a bit more stronger. There was an incident yesterday when the ball was played through and it up was 55/45 in favour of the goalkeeper but it looked to me like he never beleived he was going to get there and looked to be pulling up before the Keeper picked the ball up , sorry but it looks weak to me.

In that instance I wonder if Doidge would have been just that tad shall we say braver.

Plenty of time Doidge got the knock down yesterday , yes on all occassions the Newport player was slight fav to get to it but I just think that if he was just a little bit braver and stronger something may have broke.
Put it another way I have never seen him attempt to win a 45/55 ball . To me it is these fine margins that makes him unappealing to me for the role he is being asked to play.

This is just an opinion not everybody will agree I ilunderstand that but there is not a player who leaves me as frustrated as he does