last 10 mins again

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
chasthedagger

2.0 and we f....d it up yet again, this could be very costly and unless we find 5 or 6 wins in the remaining home games we will find ourselves in the conference.
NBDag

Knew it was going to happen the moment their first goal came up on Final Score. Cannot fathom how our team seem to deal so poorly with the pressure of seeing a game out
DaggerJoel11

I too was almost waiting for confirmation of the inevitable equaliser. When it came I was not at all surprised. Utterly ridiculous, inexcusable and this will ultimately prove costly especially as Yeovil won and York drew.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
leewilson

There are reasons why teams are down the bottom and this is one of our faults.

However, I remain confident that this team has more than enough about it to survive.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well that was painfull , in the end we were lucky to come away with the draw.

We were good for the first hour did not look in any danger at all, but last half hour we simply had our backs to the wall.

If they did not have one corner, again a number cheap and needless, they must have had ten.Also got away with more then one penalty shout

When we took off Doidge nothing happened at the top end of pitch and you knew if that got one the second was a cert. Poor Mark Cousions let a harmless shot come back off his chest and gave the bloke a tap in.

Once again you have to question he courage of Chambers ,it's a pity Doidge had to go off as at least the ball was sticking to him in anither excellent effort of total commitment to the cause by him

That was a bad ten minutes for us York getting a late equaliser did not soften the blow and Yeovil finally winning.

Back in the bottom two ,what a difference that ten minutes made.

Come on everybody lets get the Club to dump the home shirt, if you can't win In them at 2-0 nil up with 7 minutes left you will never going to win in them.

What looks an acceptable result feels like a defeat tonight.
JFJBENSTEAD

Was today the day we were relegated?

Let go of a two goal lead late on against a team who are down there themselves. The most worrying thing is that, according to the stats, we were lucky to draw.

I look at our remaining fixtures and am struggling to see where any wins will come from.

We've taken 7points from the last 12 available (which is good), but I now think Yeovil will go on a run, considering the players they have brought in.

Had such hope when we were two up but now I'm feeling pretty desolate.

You have to say John Still has improved the side since he came in. However, other sides around us have improved even more (Wilkinson will be a huge signing for Stevenage and Yeovil have a player who has returned from their days in the Championship).
Auntie Merge

I'm trying very hard not to throw things at the wall tonight.

Today was a must win and we messed up.
Diggerthedog

I still think we will be relegated as at times we are simply awful but we have a chance, a slim one.
NBDag

Only thing keeping me hopeful is thinking of what Hartlepool pulled off last year, when they were in a much worse situation than us.
Paul from Barking

NBDag wrote:Only thing keeping me hopeful is thinking of what Hartlepool pulled off last year, when they were in a much worse situation than us.
Agreed - I thought they were well gone
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well we are all feeling a bit sorry for ourselves but it was a must not lose game in my book and we at least acheived that.

We are at least scoring goals and o am certain I saw enough to know that the boss is working a few things out.

One thing is the kid Hawkins does not yet look ready, we had nothing up top when Doidge left. Let's hope he will see a whole game out soon he was excellent again.

One thing I a certain of and I predict . Dagenham Should have won will finish higher then Newport County.
stanton101

Apart from the defence, we were shite. If we went any further back, we'd have ended up on the M4. Why the ****** did we sit back and make them look like Germany. Sorry but that was shit and our tactics were terrible. Very very disappointed and Still got it very wrong imho.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dont think we were that bad . Risky playing a high line and we simply could not get on the ball second half and when Doidge went off it simply did not stick and kept coming back .

The big game changer was the superb tackle on Doidge mid way into second half , a real do or die effort from their centre half that left him injured. Get that wrong and Doidge has a penalty at worse or a tap in. Talking of Penalties us and Plymouth we still the only two team s not to get one this season in the league. How many teams have got valueable points from that situation this season.

It's disappointing but what an allotment if a pitch. The half that we defended Second half was far better then the end we were attacking.

Turn those halfs round and we are as cock a hoop as our opponents tonight.

Keep the faith it is not done yet by a long chalk
Pondfield Dagger

just seen the goals on channel 5, cousins should have done better with the second..

an amazing stat..15 corners conceded in second half, none in the first half....

and wise words from culverhouse on bbc, what an upgrade from hackett.....
Last edited by Pondfield Dagger on Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adrian

He's had a couple of others like that this season.