How Many Points??

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DI Mike Dashwood

So with everyone at the bottom picking up at least a point yesterday, how many points do you think will be needed to stay up?? People always talk about 50, but in majority of seasons that many is not actually needed. And this Year with the teams at the bottom having really been struggling it looks like a bit less may be needed??

We are currently averaging 0.74 points a game which over 46 games would pan out to 34 points!!! However, Stevenage are several points and places better off but are only averaging a point a game so would end up with 46 at the same ratio. Nobody in the bottom 6 though appears to be putting much of a run together and so it looks like 43 or 44 points will be enough (maybe less).

So based on that we would need 24 points, or broken down down an average of 1.26 a game, or in game terms 7 wins, 3 draws and 9 defeats may well be enough.

Looking at our fixtures and the last few games, that shouldn't be totally beyond us?? So maybe some of the pessimism from yesterday was unwarranted??
SUSSEX DAGGER

The year after we got relegated 43 if I recall was enough and would not be surprised if that is enough this year.

We could have pulled Newport right into the dogfight yesterday and I still think they will be , just hope the point we gifted them yesterday does not haunt us.

Anyhow I know one thing for certain after watching Altringham get absouloutely rolled over by Bognor on Tuesday night , that if they can survive in the Confrence we have nothing to worry about in relation to successive relegations.

On research it was 44 with a goal difference of better then -20, hopefully with the points our goal difference will improve with them
The Romford Dagger

I think 46 would be enough.

Less than 42 and were down.

Anywhere in between is touch and go
stanton101

If we sit back and allow teams to bombard us like the magnificent Real Newport did on Saturday, then we'll be hard pressed to reach 26 points let alone 46.
Paul from Barking

The 2 relegated sides will have less than 48 points. We need 48.
Mike the Dagger

Rather more than we have now. Reaching 50 points from here is close to 1.6 points a game, which is play off form, so unlikely at best.

Too early to set a target, particularly as all the teams at the bottom are picking up points at the moment. I predict someone will streak away soon and someone will plummit out of mid table mediocraty. Hopefully we will be the streakers.
Sagres

Mike the Dagger wrote:Rather more than we have now. Reaching 50 points from here is close to 1.6 points a game, which is play off form, so unlikely at best.

Too early to set a target, particularly as all the teams at the bottom are picking up points at the moment. I predict someone will streak away soon and someone will plummit out of mid table mediocraty. Hopefully we will be the streakers.
Watch Stevenage only 3 points from the last 21
mickeyblue

1 point above 23rd
i think our run in is pretty tough so we need points sooner rather than later.

pretty sure this will be low this year as lots of poor teams so im going for 45
but we finished 9th!
Diggerthedog

Have said this before but our run in is horrible, the board left it too late for us to get to 45+ points that I think will be needed unless as someone said a team drops from the middle down. Think York have had it they seem in real trouble. If we don't win one of our next two home games it really will be game over.
NickMurphy

Think we're helped by having the ten day break between fixtures. Loses our chance to build momentum, but allows more extensive work on the areas we need improving on which can only be a good thing.

Not sure how many points will be enough to stay up, but I think it'll be York and one other that drops. Stevenage really are lucky sods, any other year where the bottom of the league isn't as poor as this and they're in serious trouble. Albeit they're not out of the woods yet, but against any other year that stand a far better chance of avoiding the drop.