Another Gripe

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Was I the only one who thought the refreshments at Newport yesterday had gone up a hell of a lot .

Would like our Club to keep an eye on some of the eye watering charges being levied against our supporters at away games and any excessive demands are matched penny for penny in the away end the next time the offending team visit us .
DI Mike Dashwood

Not been before to Newport but four quid for a bacon roll was excessive. Was nice, but three rashers of bacon and a bap for four quid is a lot I guess. Not helped by fact I dropped half a rasher of the bacon as you witnessed Sussex!!!

The food at Wimbledon back in November was even pricier if I remember rightly, 5.50 for a bacon roll and drink?? To be be honest, on a day out like yesterday the difference between 2.50 and 4.00 is not a big issue, but you are right, the Club should probably look at prices in our away stand as a way to increase turnover.
SUSSEX DAGGER

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Not been before to Newport but four quid for a bacon roll was excessive. Was nice, but three rashers of bacon and a bap for four quid is a lot I guess. Not helped by fact I dropped half a rasher of the bacon as you witnessed Sussex!!!

The food at Wimbledon back in November was even pricier if I remember rightly, 5.50 for a bacon roll and drink?? To be be honest, on a day out like yesterday the difference between 2.50 and 4.00 is not a big issue, but you are right, the Club should probably look at prices in our away stand as a way to increase turnover.
You know you should have had the Burger Mike
Dagdale

I've been noticing it for ages and often moan about it to fellow fans which everybody agrees is a complete rip off, I remember doing Bury a couple of seasons back and 2 pound 20 for a measly weak cup of what was meant to be tea, Northampton there's another one and Wimbledon and Wycombe's not far behind either. Basically refuse to pay it ,except a hot drink at realistic prices at HT, been familiar with the League Two grounds for quite some time and our ground strikes me real good value and one of, if not the cheapest one in our League, but you know the secret- get off that bus, train or car earlier and grab a good breakfast/brunch at the likes of a Weatherspoons, a good Cafe recommended by the locals or an early pub lunch within earshot of the ground. Anybody been to a Scottish match? Far better value and soups are out of this world and those tiny meat/potato pies will have you hooked.
bearaab

Don't agree with charging the away team FANS more just because their club want to rip us off. The Newport fans didn't set the price so don't see why they should be punished.
Diggerthedog

We dont run the catering the caterers charge whatever they want to make a profit on the rent they pay.
DI Mike Dashwood

Who sets the prices DD?? Do the club guide or have a say in it or do the firm with the contract set them totally independently??
SUSSEX DAGGER

bearaab wrote:Don't agree with charging the away team FANS more just because their club want to rip us off. The Newport fans didn't set the price so don't see why they should be punished.
Well if they were paying the same yesterday they won't complain but if they thought they were getting ripped Off we can say why, they might get their Club to a then.
Diggerthedog

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Who sets the prices DD?? Do the club guide or have a say in it or do the firm with the contract set them totally independently??
Good question Mike I'm not sure but I would imagine the caterers do as they know how much margin they would have to make a profit on top of what they pay in rent, could be completely wrong though.

I rarely buy any food at any ground but ours is by far the best priced for what you are getting. Charltons food for that price was a joke. I'd guess that most clubs that run the catering themselves charge the most.