The bitching can start....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Year on year the crowds for this go down. Not sure why we bother it only attracts idiots in and outside the ground.
admin
Site Admin

This is the perfect time to do this. A game which will be poorly attended between two teams who are struggling. Might get an extra 50 or so Yeovil fans and extra 500 "Daggers" fans. Some floating support may still have some interest from Everton. And with John Still back and a bit more of a postive buzz around the club, it might encourage floating support to return.

Fair play to club for trying something to help our poor support, I'd be the first to criticise them for not doing anything. I personally would do it differently and maybe raise money for charity or something but that just personal preference.
Kevin

I've no issue with the club doing a special promo.

Personally, I'd be more keen on something along the lines of a "community day"..perhaps giving schools, charity-funded-clubs, care-homes, warden-controlled facilities, those with disabilities+their carers, etc the chance of a day out - alongside folks like anti-racism campaigners + other locally-based charities/groups.

The only beef I continually have with this is that it should be pay on the gate (just my opinion though). Advance ticket purchases will always have a negligible impact on attracting anyone other than existing supporter..
Woodford Dagger

Wait a second are you telling me that racism is bad? Why didn't anyone tell me before ffs.
hockley dagger

If it was a fiver on the gate and a quid for a kid or pensioner/concessions you'd probably get a bigger crowd, take more money and still get the feelgood factor. As a season ticket holder it doesn't bother me but I'm going to get Hockley Dagger junior to rope in some of his mates. We need all the support we can get at this one - a must win game
Diggerthedog

Be good if on that page of the website you could actually see the whole poster and there is a sentence which says click here but there is nothing to click.
redboy

Please excuse my superstition but have we ever won one of these games? Seeing as this is a massive 6 pointer, my backside is already flapping frantically?
NickMurphy

redboy wrote:Please excuse my superstition but have we ever won one of these games? Seeing as this is a massive 6 pointer, my backside is already flapping frantically?
We certainly beat Macclesfield back in the day on one of these days, not sure about too many others though!
bearaab

MK Dons game was a blinder...
DaggerJoel11

Last year we defeated Cheltenham in late-January in what was a decent match. With them sitting in a similar position to where Yeovil are it may be a good opportunity
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Paul from Barking

We're going on a 6 game winning run