Stevenage have done it

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

Bye bye Teddy!
Kevin

But he wore such nice shiny suits..!?! :shock:

Was always going to be a bit tricky for whoever took over from the chipmunk, especially with Stevenage pulling most of the funding..
NBDag

Even though they've been absolute crap recently, this has surprised me. They've made lots of decent signings this month (even a couple today) and I thought it was the thought of playing under Sheringham that was attracting players there. Would have expected him to be given some time with these new players first. But oh well... Hopefully Burnett will take over and really put them in the shit.
ARNU

Wouldn't mind betting wayne might get a look in there.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
admin
Site Admin

Burnett is 25/1 to get it with sky bet.
Dagdale

Wouldn't be surprised if they try and bring in Steve Cotterill, got Bristol City up last season and obviously didn't do so well this season and fired but comes with years of experience. Funny (re Teddy) how some fairly decent players over the years cannot blend in as Managers
ARNU

Dagdale wrote: Funny (re Teddy) how some fairly decent players over the years cannot blend in as Managers
Maybe we could put all this Mark Arber Tony Roberts bollox to bed now then LOL!
bearaab

I think Mark Arber will make a great manager one day
ARNU

bearaab wrote:I think Mark Arber will make a great manager one day
He might well do that but why let him experiment on us ? Let him go thru the ranks and get a bit of form before we blindly give him the job just for nostalgic reasons.For me he is another one like Wayne (But far less qualified) in that he has a shit temper and an inability to take any criticism whatsoever.

The "Don't you know who I am" incident where he was told to get his motor out the car park the other day because a steward didn't recognise him hardly endears him to me either.
bearaab

A manager shouldn't have to start automatically 3 divisions lower than the league he played in. Prem fans would've been saying the same thing about Teddy and that hasn't worked out. They're not automatically better managers and shouldn't be viewed as such.

I do agree that he shouldn't be given the job anytime soon though. Take some time as a coach first.
Mikins

Even the club admitted in their statement that they hadnt given him the money to get the players he wanted and they've suffered stupid amounts of injuries. but hey, thats football for you, the reasons are irrelevant, its win or get out.
Sorry about your damn luck!
ARNU

bearaab wrote:A manager shouldn't have to start automatically 3 divisions lower than the league he played in. Prem fans would've been saying the same thing about Teddy and that hasn't worked out. They're not automatically better managers and shouldn't be viewed as such.

I do agree that he shouldn't be given the job anytime soon though. Take some time as a coach first.
All I can add is that you may be the best mechanic in the garage but that dosent mean you would be the best person to manage it.