It's all over bar the shouting...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
JFJBENSTEAD

Awful football match today (conditions didn't really help).

Once again we matched Cambridge at times but, yet again, silly mistake has cost us a point.

Worrall has been a decent signing but his nativity showed today - awful distribution from him at times. Guam next to him looked very nervous.

Simply cannot see us surviving now. The damage it could do to the club concerns me as well. We get poor attendances as it is; with the Hammers moving to the Olympic Stadium our crowds will nose dive.

I'll still be there next season mind.
Diggerthedog

Our Crowd on Tuesday will be a benchmark with West Ham playing at home which is sold out and it's also on the TV.
Anthog

Keep the faith, you can do this.
dave seagull

JFJBENSTEAD wrote:Awful football match today (conditions didn't really help).

Once again we matched Cambridge at times but, yet again, silly mistake has cost us a point.

Worrall has been a decent signing but his nativity showed today - awful distribution from him at times. Guam next to him looked very nervous.

Simply cannot see us surviving now. The damage it could do to the club concerns me as well. We get poor attendances as it is; with the Hammers moving to the Olympic Stadium our crowds will nose dive.

******** hell, even with 'God Worral' in our side today.... fresh from the 'NATIVITY'.....we still can't get a decent result!

If he can't save us, we're truly bolloxed.....or am I just being 'NAIVE'?
stanton101

dave seagull wrote:
JFJBENSTEAD wrote:Awful football match today (conditions didn't really help).

******** hell, even with 'God Worral' in our side today.... fresh from the 'NATIVITY'.....we still can't get a decent result!

If he can't save us, we're truly bolloxed.....or am I just being 'NAIVE'?
No mate, we are ****** and JS is NOT the man to save us.
dave seagull

STANTON101 QUOTE 'No mate, we are ****** and JS is NOT the man to save us'

You should read Still's comments on the BBC's football website....it's ******** worrying mate and I'm inclined to agree with you, what game he was watching today is totally beyond me!
Dagdale

Terribly disappointed today, I know second half the winds were really against us (Only gotta look at MC's goal kicks that even on full throttle not many reached over centre circle) but since Stilly took hold we have shown so much more effort previous and trying to get out of it but today was just bloody awful viewing, nothing up front, didn't test their goalie all game and the winner? not sure about the penalty but none of our players seemed to protest too much about it so must have been warranted and now that's another one gone without a murmur, couldn't even make the effort to clap em off in the end and couldn't get out of there quick enough, gotta always believe in your team but the writing's been on the wall so long and although I'm pretty sure we have enough in the tank to win at least 3-4 matches don't think we can reach enough to survive.
stanton101

dave seagull wrote:STANTON101 QUOTE 'No mate, we are ****** and JS is NOT the man to save us'

You should read Still's comments on the BBC's football website....it's ******** worrying mate and I'm inclined to agree with you, what game he was watching today is totally beyond me!
Just got round to reading that shite, perhaps he should ask those of us who had to endure that cack, just what we thought of it! To travel away with this mob is becoming a ******** chore, being served up utter shite week in week out. As far as I can remember we had a chance cleared off the line and that was that!! I'm fortunate that I got a ticket for £16 other poor bastards had to pay over 20 quid to watch ONE attempt on goal!!!! That game had Burnett written all over it. We had the smallest centre forward in history up front who didn't have a clue where he was supposed to be, Hemmings was his usual comatosed self and cousins was taking goal kicks back to himself. And don't get me started on our impact subs, utterly shambolic and hopeless. As Arnu said, might just as well give Wycombe the three points and save us all the bother.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well my good friend hockley dagger called it, he could see a penalty coming ( did we get away with one first half, looked it to me) and we did not disappoint him.

My Sunday League team are playing in the morning and the wind is forecasted to blow, one thing I will ask my Players to do is keep the bloody thing on the ground, we never even attempted to do it and we were simply not interested in using the width of the pitch.

The only posative I took is at least we were not bullied like we were only weeks ago by this lot and did not roll over and die like we did Boxing Day.

Comments being made about our crowds , well I know a few hardcore who are not even attending. Away games like they use to when they start missing home games then the rot has set in.

After today even I have to justify spending hard earned money on that let alone the time I sacrafice to do it , sorry but I am struggling now.
bearaab

Even if I weren't moving away that game was enough to put me off coming back for 3 years anyway. Terrible all over the pitch. When will our wingers take on a full back! Loads of long balls to Doidge and when he does when them has no one backing him up. So you'd think they're all staying deep but time and time again our back 4 were left exposed by the midfield. The game just passed the whole midfield by.

Also, yesterday was a prime example of Chambers not tracking and bottling challenges. I'm not singling him out, just mentioning it as it was spoke about recently. Hemmings wasn't much better yesterday.
stanton101

bearaab wrote:Even if I weren't moving away that game was enough to put me off coming back for 3 years anyway. Terrible all over the pitch. When will our wingers take on a full back! Loads of long balls to Doidge and when he does when them has no one backing him up. So you'd think they're all staying deep but time and time again our back 4 were left exposed by the midfield. The game just passed the whole midfield by.

Also, yesterday was a prime example of Chambers not tracking and bottling challenges. I'm not singling him out, just mentioning it as it was spoke about recently. Hemmings wasn't much better yesterday.
I had to laugh yesterday when JS shit himself after they scored and threw the subs on for all of five minutes, he did nothing at Newport and clung on for dear life and scraped a draw. Can't wait for Tuesday, we might knick a two nil defeat which will no doubt impress him with our team spirit and hard endeavour!
chasthedagger

apart from a couple of loanees and a cheap signing this is burnetts team that the manager is lumbered with it would appear that they dont give a shit and dont or cant play to a new tune.
thats the managers fault is it ?
leewilson

We'll stay up.

Hopefully with Hoyte back and referring to the 3-5-2 that saw us with a bit of presence up front will see our fortunes change.

Wycombe on Tuesday, they're not scoring many at the moment. Time for us to let the shackles off a bit and get that home win. Oh, and there's a long way to go yet. Only a few games ago were we looking like we were going to pull away with Yeovil dead and all of a sudden they're 4 points above us. If we're in this position with 6 games to go, I'll worry. With 18 games left though, time is still on our side.
stanton101

chasthedagger wrote:apart from a couple of loanees and a cheap signing this is burnetts team that the manager is lumbered with it would appear that they dont give a shit and dont or cant play to a new tune.
thats the managers fault is it ?
Yes it is, playing a dwarf up front most definitely. No links between the midfield and front 1 or 1 and a half, inviting teams like Newport to bombard us with no outlet whatsoever. I can understand it if we're playing the likes of Everton every week, but we're not, we're making these sides look good. You can't honestly say that Newport and Cambridge are any better than we are on paper, they're just set up to play to their strengths, we unfortunately haven't got any strengths and the man in charge is hoping to knick a draw when we need wins. Why bring on subs when there's only a few minutes left, bring them on and give them time to at least have an impact. Bad management and tactically clueless.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Be careful mate Grimsweeper will be adding you to the list.

Obviously you also spent good time and money on that yesterday , don't know if he did .