17 games to go...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Pondfield Dagger

Not much mention of 6 foot 7 (ish) hawkins, thought He was quite impressive.. Start next game please!!!!! As mentioned it wont be pretty but He could keep us up...He had the whole wycombe defence panicking like hell..
stanton101

Pondfield Dagger wrote:Not much mention of 6 foot 7 (ish) hawkins, thought He was quite impressive.. Start next game please!!!!! As mentioned it wont be pretty but He could keep us up...He had the whole wycombe defence panicking like hell..
He needs to stop throwing himself on the deck and giving it the outstretched arms malarkey. For a big lump he doesn't half end up on the floor a lot.
Alan

ARNU wrote:Well we are all being a little bit pedantic including me.But you cant have it both ways.Waynes team won at Stevenage under Currie and Hackett dosent make it Stills win.In the same breathe you want to blame Waynes players for all our losses.You can see why this is giving me so much fun cant you ?

Anyway.....John Still is bringing back blatant hoofball fact.Now if it works then fine but don't tell me its pretty or that its working yet.We lost again yesterday and all the apologists were bringing out the normal ifs and buts.I remember Stills last 3 seasons before he ****** off and it was very very poor,this display last night was just more of that with a little bit of fight 2nd half.No way will we do that 2 games running.Barnet wont roll over or be undone by hoofball.
In your attempt to avoid admitting you got the statistical analysis all wrong you are making yourself look increasingly foolish, which is an impressive achievement given where you started from. Well done.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Diggerthedog wrote:There are only about 5 teams realistically in this now Stevenage pulled themselves away after winning at Hartlepool. I just cant see us getting enough points to stay up.
Don't think when a very poor team beats a very dire team it changes much.

Stevenage are dreadfull and can hardly roll the beach towels out.
Anthog

It's still possible, and while it is keep believing.
Alan

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:There are only about 5 teams realistically in this now Stevenage pulled themselves away after winning at Hartlepool. I just cant see us getting enough points to stay up.
Don't think when a very poor team beats a very dire team it changes much.

Stevenage are dreadfull and can hardly roll the beach towels out.
Be that as it may, they're 11 points ahead of us and averaging a point a game.
Adrian

ARNU wrote:Well we are all being a little bit pedantic including me.But you cant have it both ways.Waynes team won at Stevenage under Currie and Hackett dosent make it Stills win.In the same breathe you want to blame Waynes players for all our losses.You can see why this is giving me so much fun cant you ?

Anyway.....John Still is bringing back blatant hoofball fact.Now if it works then fine but don't tell me its pretty or that its working yet.We lost again yesterday and all the apologists were bringing out the normal ifs and buts.I remember Stills last 3 seasons before he ****** off and it was very very poor,this display last night was just more of that with a little bit of fight 2nd half.No way will we do that 2 games running.Barnet wont roll over or be undone by hoofball.
If Still isn't credited for the Stevenage win, then he still has 4 points from 5 games so still has a better points to games ratio than Burnetts.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well it was 100% better last night then Saturday , we had 9 men on the pitch when we nearly forced the equaliser at the death. Yes it was not pretty but you could not take your eyes off it

The only thing I would have changed is I would of gone with Curo instead of Hawkins as I thought his I experianced showed at times.

At least we went for it second half and once again gave it everything. Really hope we stick with the two up top, personally I would like it to be Doidge and Cureton.
Mark

This hoofball thing is a tiresome point. We got the ball in the box and created chances. It was an exciting second half. Passing the ball around slowly is dull as dishwater.
Adrian

The daftest thing is that the passing the ball around normally ended with it being played back to a defender or the goalkeeper who would then kick it long having given the opposition an age to get themselves set up.
The Romford Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Well it was 100% better last night then Saturday , we had 9 men on the pitch when we nearly forced the equaliser at the death. Yes it was not pretty but you could not take your eyes off it

The only thing I would have changed is I would of gone with Curo instead of Hawkins as I thought his experianced showed at times.

At least we went for it second half and once again gave it everything. Really hope we stick with the two up top, personally I would like it to be Doidge and Cureton.
He was out best player second half I thought.

Won every single header. Every single time.
ARNU

Alan wrote:

In your attempt to avoid admitting you got the statistical analysis all wrong you are making yourself look increasingly foolish, which is an impressive achievement given where you started from. Well done.
I gave Burnett 3 points for the Stevenage game,you want Still to have them.Give them to Still if you want.Dosent alter a lot in terms of how many more points we are going to need.I' ve been to back to back losses and worry a 3rd is coming our way Saturday.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ARNU

Adrian wrote:

If Still isn't credited for the Stevenage win, then he still has 4 points from 5 games so still has a better points to games ratio than Burnetts.
Well that's fair.Wasnt my main point really though.More to do with people slating Waynes choice of players then forgetting it all temporarily when Still apparently managed them to a win v Stevenage.Also JS won at Exeter with Waynes players too didn't he ?(Possibly Muldoon or Worrall may have played).Just for fun though....only won a point with his new additions.
ARNU

The Romford Dagger wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Well it was 100% better last night then Saturday , we had 9 men on the pitch when we nearly forced the equaliser at the death. Yes it was not pretty but you could not take your eyes off it

The only thing I would have changed is I would of gone with Curo instead of Hawkins as I thought his experianced showed at times.

He was out best player second half I thought.

Won every single header. Every single time.
Yeah Cureton is a ball to feet man ! Hawkins did very well.Hawkins and Doidge for me especially now we're hoofing it.Cureton and chambers wont get a head on anything Sussex and you know it.Pass the ball about Cureton and Chambers all day long.Cousins launched everything up into the wind again yesterday,we all know why or is he mental ?
DaggerJoel11

I think we should've gone Doidge and Cureton although Hawkins did exceptionally well. I don't see the point in having two tall strikers playing up front because both seem a more aerial threat whereas Cureton is not.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''