17 games to go...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Mark wrote:Very poor troll attempt this one. We survived on goal diff in his first half year having been safe when he took over.

I expect more arnie.
And we go full circle once again.

Burnett finished 9th and 14th in the following seasons......You will never know if someone else would have got us promoted or relegated but we do know for sure he didn't lose us league status......
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Alan wrote:With the benefit of hindsight? You mean that looking back you now see that you and Sussex were wrong and we were right about that as well?
Of course you were right. Like 5 new players played the last 4 games and we have managed 1 draw and had 1 shot on goal in two of them .

That was all Wayne's fault of course
Alan

You're a lovely man Chris.
ARNU

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Alan wrote:With the benefit of hindsight? You mean that looking back you now see that you and Sussex were wrong and we were right about that as well?
Of course you were right. Like 5 new players played the last 4 games and we have managed 1 draw and had 1 shot on goal in two of them .

That was all Wayne's fault of course
We need to move to our own planet Sussex for they know not what they do LOL!!
Alan

I'm happy to say that I believe Still will manage 25 points from his 23 games. If the first 23 games had amassed 25 points, we would then have had 50 points, which almost always stays up. The fact is that the dogs dinner that he inherrited was 13 points after 23 games and a squad of players that the bloke who recruited them said repeatedly were not good enough makes the task of staying up handed to him very hard. To put it another way, to get to 50 points he would have to turn the squad into a 74 point a season outfit, a total that generally gets top 6.
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:
Nah ! Definitely not.Burnett was bullied out and iven a chance when he took over,despite rescuing us from Stills last season here and doing pretty well tablewise the following 2 seasons you refuse to give an inch on your opinions.You were wrong most of his time here until maybe mid December when it became clear he was a nervous wreck and not going to ever perform well again,he then had to go.Still can lose all he wants and you will never adopt the same attitude.We conceded to a draw at Newport and have had back to back losses now.Probably another v Barnet Saturday,lets see how quickly your mood changes Alan...oh but hang on you've got the fallback of it all being Burnetts fault.
Hold up a minute Arnu!

We were safe and comfy mid table when still left and ended up staying up on goal difference. Didn't we win only 2 or 3 games in that Half season Wayne took over.

For me he should never have been given a contract gate that
ARNU

Alan wrote:I'm happy to say that I believe Still will manage 25 points from his 23 games. If the first 23 games had amassed 25 points, we would then have had 50 points, which almost always stays up. The fact is that the dogs dinner that he inherrited was 13 points after 23 games and a squad of players that the bloke who recruited them said repeatedly were not good enough makes the task of staying up handed to him very hard. To put it another way, to get to 50 points he would have to turn the squad into a 74 point a season outfit, a total that generally gets top 6.
I truly hope you are right.

Big ask though.
ARNU

The Romford Dagger wrote:
ARNU wrote:
Nah ! Definitely not.Burnett was bullied out and iven a chance when he took over,despite rescuing us from Stills last season here and doing pretty well tablewise the following 2 seasons you refuse to give an inch on your opinions.You were wrong most of his time here until maybe mid December when it became clear he was a nervous wreck and not going to ever perform well again,he then had to go.Still can lose all he wants and you will never adopt the same attitude.We conceded to a draw at Newport and have had back to back losses now.Probably another v Barnet Saturday,lets see how quickly your mood changes Alan...oh but hang on you've got the fallback of it all being Burnetts fault.
Hold up a minute Arnu!

We were safe and comfy mid table when still left and ended up staying up on goal difference. Didn't we win only 2 or 3 games in that Half season Wayne took over.

For me he should never have been given a contract gate that
How I remember it is Still had struggled all that season and the two previous were no fun either.He picked up a win or two that put him in about 17th,he then lost at home against Wimbledon cos his eye was firmly on the Luton Job that day and straight after he was gone leaving Wayne the tiniest bit of breathing room.Now that would have been difficult for anyone to come in and take over.Please don't forget how bad we'd been all season proior to Waynes appointment is all I am saying.We were by no means comfy or mid table.