Our away form, or lack of it...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Richie

His all round game isn't superb but when you have 10+ goals by Christmas it can be ignored in my eyes...

Although I'm sure Wayne etc. are working on him
Mark

He does as much as his build allows. he won't win headers and there's nobody to flick them to so there's little point. He doesn't strike me as having huge stamina and he isn't really quick enough to do shuttles between the defenders like macca used to for instance. He's stuck up there on his own with little support or service away from home.

Back to the original point our away form is so poor that having a little slide at home will send us crashing down the table. We are struggling for the right blend in midfield and a few of our lads are suffering a little dip in form. Zavon gets close attention these days and nobody else creates much.
leewilson

Mark wrote: Back to the original point our away form is so poor that having a little slide at home will send us crashing down the table. We are struggling for the right blend in midfield and a few of our lads are suffering a little dip in form. Zavon gets close attention these days and nobody else creates much.
That's what Zav has to overcome if he wants to be a top player. Reminds me a bit of Green in his first season here. Started off like a steam train and then over Christmas until around February, he was completely marked out of games as teams double marked him. I remember a fair few really annoyed with Still at the time for continuing to pick him with many wanting an alternative to come in (can't remember who the alternative was at the time, possibly Nurse). Eventually Green overcame it. Maybe teams stopped paying as close attention to him in games because he wasn't influencing as much. Anyway, he was instrumental in us getting promoted in the final few months. Not saying for one minute that Zav will get us promoted but providing he doesn't move this month, I think he's good enough to come good again.
SUSSEX DAGGER

leewilson wrote:
Mark wrote: Back to the original point our away form is so poor that having a little slide at home will send us crashing down the table. We are struggling for the right blend in midfield and a few of our lads are suffering a little dip in form. Zavon gets close attention these days and nobody else creates much.
That's what Zav has to overcome if he wants to be a top player. Reminds me a bit of Green in his first season here. Started off like a steam train and then over Christmas until around February, he was completely marked out of games as teams double marked him. I remember a fair few really annoyed with Still at the time for continuing to pick him with many wanting an alternative to come in (can't remember who the alternative was at the time, possibly Nurse). Eventually Green overcame it. Maybe teams stopped paying as close attention to him in games because he wasn't influencing as much. Anyway, he was instrumental in us getting promoted in the final few months. Not saying for one minute that Zav will get us promoted but providing he doesn't move this month, I think he's good enough to come good again.
As saw as night follows day he will be a major influence on where we end up the boy has had a superb season . Portsmouth he was average, Chesterfield he got us a penalty, he put one straight on Luke Howell head six yards out and was right on his game. As Dagdale told you Spirerite fans were very complimentary about what a talent he was. One of the funniest things I have heard all seasons was the tale Simmo told us at half time when he heard from the wheelchair area "chop his bloody legs off".

Sadly he was out of touch Saturday . He did make one run and was hauled down ,from the resulting free kick he just missed the upright.
Don't think he was that closely marked at least three times in the first half he was open screaming for the ball and we went down the opposite flank. If we had somebody with a bit more vision then poor old Wilko who did a fair job it may have been a different story.

Saturday was a disaster I know we are better then that, the ball is not running for us away like it is at home. Lets all have our moans groans and opinions I have had mine but lets get alone Saturday and roar the lads on. If I wanted predictable football with predictable results I would watch Manchester City.