Our away form, or lack of it...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Kevin

Disappointing result today, kind of reinforces our truly dire away form.

Squad could definitely do with a bit of a top up..ideally someone who can help Ogogo gee the team up on the pitch.
shoreyda2nd

Since I've been following Daggers we've been poor away. Even when we went up a few years back it was our home form that did it for us.

Today it sounded like we were the much better team first half and unlucky not to be ahead.

It's worth noting that we have 21 league games left, only 9 of them are away
ARNU

Sounded like we should have won it today.Silly individual mistakes again.Lewy's fault it seems.Lewy should really not be making these stupid errors anymore.Im reluctantly now agreeing with whoever it was who said we need a better keeper last week.Hes a great shot stopper but the rest of his game is clumsy at times.Cant kick and positioning always an issue.Come on Lewy you got me in a corner mate.I also don't like the punching the ball when you could more easily catch the bloody thing.Bit of bench time maybe.Dunno but its got to stop now.Sounds like Femi and Medy at fault for the 2nd was it ??,something to do with a throw in.How cant we take a bloody throw in ???

The lewy mistake started the rot today,Im prepared to accept 4 games in a week stretching our squad as maybe an excuse but the silly mistakes gotta stop.Get your cheque book out Thommo !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

We should have been at least one, if not two ahead today by half time... decent teams punish you if you don't score when on top. York were never going to come out the second half and play as poorly as they did first time at Home
matt_drfc

Disappointing result this afternoon, but we'll go again. Haven't seen the apparent mistake by Lewy so won't start saying we need a new keeper, he's a lot better than Seabright so we stick with him. Also, to anyone that went, how did Wilko play in the holding role?

We are bottom of the form table (last 6 games) but on a positive we are the second best side at home in the league also playing 2 games less than Rochdale who are top. No worries! (just yet)
Pondfield Dagger

Just saw the goals on sky sports news, goals 1 and 3 were well taken, the second took a big deflection, i assume the so called errors came from the build up play that was not shown?

also where did wilkinson play? just in front of femi doe saah, hoyte, defensive midfield?

unlucky daggers first half misses cost us dearly and the first league game since august where we have lost by more than 1 goal.
leewilson

The fact Northampton won away to Newport today and us losing at home to Torquay a few weeks back sums this league up. Us and Newport have two of the best home records in the league but we lost to sides really struggling in the table. It's just reaffirmed my belief that if we can replicate our home form over the first half of the season for our last 12 home games, we will be there or there abouts regarding the play offs. We will need to pick up our away form a little bit but we're not going to be winning every week on the road. The season we got promoted only saw us win 5 times away in 23 games. We're going to need to improve slightly away over our last 9 games as 2 victories from 14 so far is not good enough. But hopefully we can dig in and scrape a couple of 1-0s here and there like we've traditionally done over the last few years.

Teams are going to be rising and dropping constantly. The only 4 teams I'd be shocked to not see in the top 7 are Scunthorpe, Rochdale, Fleetwood and Chesterfield. Burton, Southend, Oxford, Newport, Morecambe etc are going to be very up and down. The likes of Cheltenham and Plymouth have shot up the table recently as they've embarked on a good run but they're bound to dip again at some point.

And if we don't get top 7. I'm fairly confident we'll finish mid table. I was the one calling the relegation slide last season come the end of January and I even put £20 quid on it and nearly made a few hundred quid. I just can't see it this time. I think we're much better equipped at home to pick up points, even if we lost our two star men. People forget that although we lost Dwight last season, a big problem for us was the very poor football we played at home. It was literally just lumping it with no one getting on the end of any flicks and nobody getting into scoring positions. Our form would drop a bit if we lost the goals of Murphy and the creativity of Hines. But I do believe the way we play would fashion opportunities and we'd still pick up enough to keep our head above water. Anyway, let's wait and see. Wayne's said there will be 1-2 coming in and he may just unearth a gem for all we know.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Just got home and its about time I got a cat as I need something to kick. At half time If you had told me that York would score three more this season I would have needed a lot persuading to believe you that's how poor they were.

Yet six minutes in we imploded , our Goalkeeper who must be the only pro Footballer who cant kick a bloody football gifts them the ball. If that was not bad enough we do absolutely sweet fa defensively to recover the situation. Our Goalkeeper is a bloody liability with his kicking he gave the ball away on two occasions first half,why oh why do we therefore keep passing the ball to him, it beggars belief.

What a time for Seabright to pick up an injury all of a sudden he has nobody to challenge him.

Those who have backed Femi over Connors in another post, sorry you have done your money cos after today it is really beyond debate he had a horror.

Luke Howell was another who had a shocker and why it was Wilkinson and not him that that was hauled off has to be asked, that's how poor he was and even as one of his biggest fans even I have to say it as I see it.

When Medi was good he was average and when he was poor he was dreadfull If the Police ask Zav about his whereabouts this afternoon
he better not ask any of us to vouch for him because we will not be able to give him an alibi.

Murphy gets booked for a second game running for simulation and if that's not bad enough he then at full voice uses foul and abusive language towards a linesmen, we were lucky to end up with 11 men on the pitch as calling an Official "a f***ing useless P***K could easily have seen him sent off.

We looked at times second half that we had lost our discipline and not for the first time this season we simply did not turn up second half.

Was very disappointed but hey lets remember nobody died and lets just move on.
ThatRoundThing

Ah but Sussex, was it still an expensive cup of tea there? Get your priorities right. !!! :lol:
Dagdale

Desperately unlucky with a couple of good efforts first half to take control of this game and then behold yet again we got it wrong second period and gave the opposition too much space to go and sweep in three pretty decent goals albeit the second one was a bit of a fluke. Cant take away the Minstermen's deserved victory but it was so frustrating that even after 3-0 I thought they were pretty unlucky at one or two stages not to add a fourth. Rhys's goal gave us a slight cheer but it was just pretty dire all round and glad to see it end, just no balance and feed from midfield and too many mistakes. Torquay, Pompey and now this its been a lot to take in, just cant put me finger on it why some stages of this season we've been awesome and a pride to watch and then drop down so many gears the next game. When the season closes we can look back on games like these with a right big question mark.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dagdale wrote:Desperately unlucky with a couple of good efforts first half to take control of this game and then behold yet again we got it wrong second period and gave the opposition too much space to go and sweep in three pretty decent goals albeit the second one was a bit of a fluke. Cant take away the Minstermen's deserved victory but it was so frustrating that even after 3-0 I thought they were pretty unlucky at one or two stages not to add a fourth. Rhys's goal gave us a slight cheer but it was just pretty dire all round and glad to see it end, just no balance and feed from midfield and too many mistakes. Torquay, Pompey and now this its been a lot to take in, just cant put me finger on it why some stages of this season we've been awesome and a pride to watch and then drop down so many gears the next game. When the season closes we can look back on games like these with a right big question mark.
Sorry mate do not share your opinion York City are a dire side just as bad as Mansfield Torquay and Portsmouth and somehow we have lost to all of them. The three decent goals started on each occasion with us presenting the bloody ball to them.

One if not two of these teams will be relegated at the seasons end and if we miss out on the Play offs by a few points this is where we blew it.
Chigwellian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Just got home and its about time I got a cat as I need something to kick. At half time If you had told me that York would score three more this season I would have needed a lot persuading to believe you that's how poor they were.

Yet six minutes in we imploded , our Goalkeeper who must be the only pro Footballer who cant kick a bloody football gifts them the ball. If that was not bad enough we do absolutely sweet fa defensively to recover the situation. Our Goalkeeper is a bloody liability with his kicking he gave the ball away on two occasions first half,why oh why do we therefore keep passing the ball to him, it beggars belief.

What a time for Seabright to pick up an injury all of a sudden he has nobody to challenge him.

Those who have backed Femi over Connors in another post, sorry you have done your money cos after today it is really beyond debate he had a horror.

Luke Howell was another who had a shocker and why it was Wilkinson and not him that that was hauled off has to be asked, that's how poor he was and even as one of his biggest fans even I have to say it as I see it.

When Medi was good he was average and when he was poor he was dreadfull If the Police ask Zav about his whereabouts this afternoon
he better not ask any of us to vouch for him because we will not be able to give him an alibi.

Murphy gets booked for a second game running for simulation and if that's not bad enough he then at full voice uses foul and abusive language towards a linesmen, we were lucky to end up with 11 men on the pitch as calling an Official "a f***ing useless P***K could easily have seen him sent off.

We looked at times second half that we had lost our discipline and not for the first time this season we simply did not turn up second half.

Was very disappointed but hey lets remember nobody died and lets just move on.
I agree with all of this.... I would also add, and I may be on my own with this... Does anybody else think that Murphy just isn't pulling his weight in the team?

Ok, he is scoring, (he couldn't really miss yesterday's goal) but for 85minutes in most games, he is invisible, he didnt attempt to run onto balls, or jump to head the ball

Now, I have seen a different side to the lad, I actually thought it was a free kick, but from the refs angle, I'm not so sure he saw it that way.... But the way he collapsed under a type of feather challenge, it does look like an attempt at a free kick/ penalty.... And the abuse to an official is not called for.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Do not subscribe to any opinion that there was any lack of effort yesterday. We have been so unlucky that all our injuries/suspensions mean we badly missed that Player who can put his foot on the ball and pick a pass. If we had either one of Billy ,Matt or Lawson yesterday I am certain the result would have been different, yesterdays team was crying out for such a player.

We have come a long way in a short time and altho John Still has left the Club some of his ideals are still in some of our players and I am certain given time this team will get better and better at the new Managers style of play.

Yesterdays set back was due to stupid errors and nothing more and I remain convinced that we will always do better against sides who want to win rather then against those teams who's first priority is not to lose.
Dagdale

I've noticed this too about Murph, to be fair one side of me says does he receive the service he should get as our main striker, but over the years I've found the secrets of a good striker is to lose his marker well and make a gap of a few seconds and that can make a big difference to a good highly prolific marksman. I'd love to see him playing with another out and out goal prowler like working off each other.
Kevin

Dagdale wrote:I've noticed this too about Murph, to be fair one side of me says does he receive the service he should get as our main striker, but over the years I've found the secrets of a good striker is to lose his marker well and make a gap of a few seconds and that can make a big difference to a good highly prolific marksman. I'd love to see him playing with another out and out goal prowler like working off each other.
I'd like to see someone else play with him as well - Hines tends to do his own thing more and more, which is a shame as their one-two's have created a fair few goals. Elito plays hot and cold - when he's hot, he's bombs up and down the pitch supporting the lone striker, when less so he tends to hang around in front of our full backs. This can often cause us to have 10 players a number of yards away from one player up front - got to fancy the four defenders to come out on top in that situation.

If you play up front on your own, and receive the ball over head height (as has been happening the past 8 or so games) you'll get knackered pretty quickly. Any pro in this situation is going to pick & choose when to sprint after a lost cause and when not to do so (these times will always wind up supporters). Be nice if we could ping a few more balls into his feet so he could lay them off to Hines & Elito - just can't see who he is supposed to flick the ball onto at the mo - even if he wins the header.