Prediction v Barnet

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

Despite a somewhat spirited performance against Wycombe, we still came away empty handed. You just knew when Doidgey hit the post, it wasn't going to be our night. So we move on and the visit Barnet this Saturday. Anyone who attended the away game last year will know that terrible doesn't even come close to how we performed that day, we made them look like world beaters. JS has to make at least one change with Passley out through suspension, the rest is anyone's guess. Will we get the much needed three points? YES is the answer, we simply have to win and we will.

Daggers 3-1 Barnet
Doidge
Labadie
OG

Att 2,307 (900)
mickeyblue

daggers 3-2 labadie cureton jones all assisted by doidge
but we finished 9th!
Anthog

Good luck the lads. 2-1 win and three needed points
ARNU

Oh dear...they missed out crediting Still with the Stevenage win.How strange !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
durnzo

I'll go 2-1 daggers(may even stuck an Ayrton on it!), mainly out of sheer hope and desperation! Anyone have any ideas why the 3-5-2/5-3-2 formation has been abandoned? I thought it looked promising. Would like to see frankie raymond get a start too.
ARNU

Depends what team Still puts out.

Personally wouldn't bother starting Jones,Gutteridge or Chambers.Go for the Doidge Hawkins partnership with Raymond starting.

2-2.Dont think the defense is at all sorted.
DaggerJoel11

Formation: 4-3-3

GK: Liam O'Brien
LB: Joe Widdowson
CB: Joe Worrell
CB: Dominic Hyam
RB: Justin Hoyte
CM: Luke Guttridge
CM: Frankie Raymond
CM: Joss Labadie
ST: Christian Doidge
ST: Jamie Cureton

Subs: Cousins, Connors, Dikamona, Boucaud, Chambers, Hawkins, Jones

As for the result, I'm predicting a resounding 4-0 victory finally ending our atrocious run of not winning a home game all campaign, and in style. We have demonstrated our determination and effort in the last few matches, and seem to be coming closer and closer, but still can't register that elusive home win, but this week I think we'll finally do it. Tuesday was a classic example: After a dismal first half we dominated the second period, although the referee was terrible, and Wycombe were very unsportsmanlike as they were time-wasting and feigning injury. In the second half I thought Guttridge had a really good game and I also thought our young defensive partnership of Hyam and Worrell were very good. Hawkins was exceptional in holding the ball up but perhaps could've tested the keeper more but it's important to remember he's still raw and developing, as is Jones who I still believe to be our most creative player on his day. I was at the Barnet game back in September and we were absolutely awful so we owe them a battering reminiscent to the one they dished out, and I think we can do it.

Attendance: 2042 (741)
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
stanton101

DaggerJoel11 wrote:Formation: 4-3-3

As for the result, I'm predicting a resounding 4-0 victory finally ending our atrocious run of not winning a home game all campaign, and in style. We have demonstrated our determination and effort in the last few matches, and seem to be coming closer and closer, but still can't register that elusive home win, but this week I think we'll finally do it. Tuesday was a classic example: After a dismal first half we dominated the second period, although the referee was terrible, and Wycombe were very unsportsmanlike as they were time-wasting and feigning injury. In the second half I thought Guttridge had a really good game and I also thought our young defensive partnership of Hyam and Worrell were very good. Hawkins was exceptional in holding the ball up but perhaps could've tested the keeper more but it's important to remember he's still raw and developing, as is Jones who I still believe to be our most creative player on his day. I was at the Barnet game back in September and we were absolutely awful so we owe them a battering reminiscent to the one they dished out, and I think we can do it.

Spot on fella, exactly the side I'd go with. I'm absolutely baffled as to why Frankie Raymond doesn't get more game time, perhaps his showing the other night might just get him the run outs he and us so badly need.
The Romford Dagger

stanton101 wrote:

Spot on fella, exactly the side I'd go with. I'm absolutely baffled as to why Frankie Raymond doesn't get more game time, perhaps his showing the other night might just get him the run outs he and us so badly need.
It can't be (at least I hope not) that spot on as we only have 10 starters that says!

But I'd go 4-3-1-2 with chambers just behind doidgr and Hawkins just for a bit of variety.
DaggerJoel11

The Romford Dagger wrote:
stanton101 wrote:

It can't be (at least I hope not) that spot on as we only have 10 starters that says!

But I'd go 4-3-1-2 with chambers just behind doidgr and Hawkins just for a bit of variety.
Maybe add Jones in or Hemmings on the left, Doidge on the right and Curo centre forward.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
stanton101

You were probably allowing for a sending off
ARNU

Should 8 Burnett men still be starting,thought you wanted change.
No starting place for Muldoon or Hawkins ?
Keep on swapping the keepers ??
Doidge and Hawkins did look dangerous Tuesday night,far more dangerous than any other pairing this season.
Im liking Hyam Worrall Dikamona and Hoyte,dunno if we can make that work.
Pondfield Dagger

if hawkins starts it will be the biggest game of hoofball we have seen in years... every ball will be chipped forward towards him...

daggers 3 barnet 1
hockley dagger

Still dont know why Clevid got dropped this hyam kid is nk better

Id go 352 with
Cousins

Diko
Hoyte
Worral

Passley
Muldoon
Raymond
Labadie