When Still left.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Now ive checked and double checked my stats here....The last 12 games Including when JS left immediately for Luton after the home V Wimbledon match where we lost 0-1.

We had lost 8 won 3 and drawn 1.(What was our league position,genuinely cant find it I thought it was 17th-18th)

10 points from 36. Is that a 0.83 average points per game ??

Not sure what it proves...but surely indicates we weren't doing that well when Burnett took over.

Wayne was then in charge for the remaining 12 games where he

Lost 6 won 2 and drew 4 also 10 points from 36 available 0.83 average.

So should I ****** off or you LOL!!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Kevin

I've not seen a single person disagree with the fact we weren't (and hadn't been) doing well when Wayne took over.

Plenty of people have disagreed as to when Burnett should have gone.

Some folks feel he did great with the 9th & 14th finishes - others did not.

For me - and it's just my personal view - he lost any kind of credibility as a manager by continuing with a tackle-free Boucaud + Ferdinand midfield for a third of the season.

Filling a squad with small, physically weak indiduals - even those that may be amazing at triangle-passes in training - does not automatically translate to any kind of "style". Even a half-wit could see that you need strength & physicality to compete in League 2.

I have no idea as to whether John Still will keep us up. I'm not 100% sure as to whether he should have come back at all.

But - what I am 100% certain of is that;

1) Wayne Burnett definitely had to go - and should have gone sooner than he did.
2) John Still is here now, and is what we've got til the end of the season. I'll be getting behind him & the team during that time.

If it doesn't work out, then the close season would certainly be the time to go over the inadequacies shown by the management + club as a whole.

To repeatedly do that now, just strikes me as a personal gripe - and not that classy a thing to do.

Just my opinion like :)
Last edited by Kevin on Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike the Dagger

For the record, we were 16th when Still left.

16 Dag and Red 34 11 8 15 45 47 -2 41

We ended up hanging on by our fingernails:

22 Dag and Red 46 13 12 21 55 62 -7 51

I always thought it was an odd decision to make Burnett permenant after what was a poor run really under him in March and April, but the next season actually we started very well. The real cock up was the second two year contract when we could have been rid for nothing.
Diggerthedog

Cant believe people are actually replying to this thread :lol: :lol: :lol:
leewilson

I always smile at how the people who slate Still's final year or two in charge always conveniently remember the prior 4-5 excellent seasons under him.

And yes, I'm quoting League 1 within that as despite going down, we were very unlucky to and more than held our own that season.
Grimsweeper

So in Johns final season he avaraged 1.20 points per game.

Burnett took over and averaged 0.83 and very nearly took us down.

What can we conclude from this?

Burnett wasnt very good.

thanks for bringing up the subject of Burnett again though, such a refreshing change.
ARNU

leewilson wrote:I always smile at how the people who slate Still's final year or two in charge always conveniently remember the prior 4-5 excellent seasons under him.

And yes, I'm quoting League 1 within that as despite going down, we were very unlucky to and more than held our own that season.
C'mon Lee,you know my MO.Surely you aint been suckered into this one.

My basic point to those who bemoaned Burnetts first 12 games was that he continued the trend of the previous 12 with pretty much Stills team.That is an absolute fact.Now that it winds people up(probably cos they didn't realise it) is their problem not mine.The following 2 seasons blah blah blah.He had to go this year.That is also a fact.

Still had many more years of glory than bad ones,its the bad ones people forget in the context of moaning about Burnett.

Still is by far the better manager,in every way except for hairdo.
ARNU

Grimsweeper wrote:So in Johns final season he avaraged 1.20 points per game.

Burnett took over and averaged 0.83 and very nearly took us down.

What can we conclude from this?

Burnett wasnt very good.

thanks for bringing up the subject of Burnett again though, such a refreshing change.
We know Burnett wasn't very good this season only ! He had to go.That is put to bed I hope.

What else is everyone talking about anyway ? Nothing !! That's what.
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:
leewilson wrote:I always smile at how the people who slate Still's final year or two in charge always conveniently remember the prior 4-5 excellent seasons under him.

C'mon Lee,you know my MO.Surely you aint been suckered into this one.

My basic point to those who bemoaned Burnetts first 12 games was that he continued the trend of the previous 12 with pretty much Stills team.That is an absolute fact.Now that it winds people up(probably cos they didn't realise it) is their problem not mine.The following 2 seasons blah blah blah.He had to go this year.That is also a fact.

Still had many more years of glory than bad ones,its the bad ones people forget in the context of moaning about Burnett.

Still is by far the better manager,in every way except for hairdo.
I conclude the same as I said on the other thread that seemingly triggered this one: he shouldn't have been given a contract after a poor time as temporary boss.

0.83 a game should not give someone a contract. Simple as that.
ARNU

But he followed that up with 60 points 1.304 then the following season 59 points = 1.282 average.

How many other times that been done by Daggers in league 2 ?
dave seagull

Diggerthedog wrote:Cant believe people are actually replying to this thread :lol: :lol: :lol:
Could not agree more 'digger'.

Change the ******** record for christ sake. Too much ANALysing.... it's becoming a real in the arse!

And zzzzzzzzzzźzzz..........
ARNU

Funny how people like the stats that suit their argument only.(yeah me too but I admit it)
dave seagull

Some important things to consider where points are concerned :

1.Obviously the number accrued within a single season.

2. Against which opposition in relation to your and their league position - defeating those around you is vital when showing form like we currently are.

3. A win against a team in the play-off positions etc is only beneficial if consolidated by taking points off fellow strugglers.