As bad as anything this season

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Adrian wrote:I thought we looked ok until we went behind.
Lot's of what ifs for me which makes a change to what I'd seen before.

What if Labadie had scored when Hawkins pulled the ball back to him?
What if Hackett had been sent off after planting his studs in Raymonds stomach having already been booked?
What is we had some actual wingers?
What if Widdowson could aim a cross at the big striker we've got instead of somehow managing to get 3 to go across the outside of the penalty area?

Sadly I think age has caught up with Cureton, he just doesn't seem to have that little bit of edge he did last season.

Overall our squad just isn't good enough, and that goes right back to pre-season.

What if we had put the job vacancy up and interviewed prospective managers instead of going even further back in time to a manager that ran out of ideas back in 2010 ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

Leopardman wrote:I think that is the worst I have ever witnessed. Team selection looked wrong right from the off. No width at all, Labadie too far forward, inexperienced centre backs, Boucaud & Raymond too similar & lightweight. Barnet looked sharper & hungrier all around the pitch. Could of & probably should have been at least 5-0.
It shows how bad this season has been that there are worse home performances than today.

Hartlepool, Rovers, Cambridge to start.
ARNU

leewilson wrote:
Leopardman wrote:I think that is the worst I have ever witnessed. Team selection looked wrong right from the off. No width at all, Labadie too far forward, inexperienced centre backs, Boucaud & Raymond too similar & lightweight. Barnet looked sharper & hungrier all around the pitch. Could of & probably should have been at least 5-0.
It shows how bad this season has been that there are worse home performances than today.

Hartlepool, Rovers, Cambridge to start.
I think the Mansfield 3-4 home defeat from 3-1 up has to be the worst result however the performance was good.

Burnett and co were done by the time Cambridge and rovers happened.Todays performance or lack of is a serious contender lee.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

JFJBENSTEAD wrote: Still did not do good business in January either.
This is harsh.

He hasn't had much to work with. We lost Dunne, Ayo, Pask and Nosworthy pretty much as soon as Still came in for different reasons. Now whilst Pask and Nos aren't a big loss in terms of performances they are in terms of numbers. You don't want to be recruiting near enough an entirely new CB combination midway through the season and also having to replace one of our best (2nd behind Labadie) CMs.

I actually think Worrall and Hyam are both good players are will go on to have good FL careers, especially Worrall. However, the problem is that we don't have an experienced CB to play them with. Clevid is hardly what you'd call experienced in English football. People may say, well Still should have brought one in. Try finding an experienced CB on loan midway through the season who will come to a team in a League 2 relegation scrap. It's all kids at this stage unless you can get released players on a freebie (like Guttridge).

Tough one for Still really. He's tried a variety of combinations since he's been here and not much has worked. You can't polish a turd, as they say.
Dagdale

Can't get me head around what happened at Victoria Park today, where was the commitment? Yet again we made a pretty shit side a winner and quite rightly as mentioned they had 2/3 sitters that really should have gone in, more than anything its so disappointing that its got this far without any redemption to sort it out, lost for words!
DI Mike Dashwood

Interesting how people view things differently. Mark mentions Hyam looking dodgy and everyone is saying how great Worrall is, and he looks like decent prospect, but he gave away the penalty which cost us last week, was at fault for the first goal yesterday and I believe if you watch the replay is partily at fault for the second. So as I say, all about opinions really.

I would say in this instance the most accurate assessment comes from D the D when he says we are quite simply just not good enough. And that is why we are heading down
Richie

We look good with 3-5-2 and then he decides to go back to 4 at the back and we look awful, as we did all season whilst playing it. Do not understand that.
steeevooo

The thing that I didn't understand regarding our defensive line-up is why, when we know exactly what John Akinde brings to the table (strength, aggression and bullying), that we had two young centre backs trying to deal with him when we've got Dikamona sitting on the bench. Okay, Dikamona may not be a world-beater, but at least he's got a bit of strength about him and likely wouldn't have been bullied as easily as our two young loanees were on Saturday.