Nice One Wayne

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

A year ago We all trudged back to the Station at York very disappointed with the result and performance. When we got there I remember a supporter who has stood on the Terraces through the good times and bad approaching the then Manager to commiserate on the result and express a view about how disappointed he was. He was told "well if you don't like it don't bother coming".

When we left the ground yesterday Wayne was obviously not very happy with the team performance and you could not but help but hear his views coming from the team huddle.

Yesterday a group of Supporters was congregated on the Station Concourse at York. Our new Manager approached us and thanked us all for coming and told us how disappointed he was especially with the team display second half.

Despite his obvious disappointment it shows the mark of the Man that he went out of his way to come and speak to us and I think I speak for everybody there when I say Nice One Wayne.
HogansHeros

Completely agree with Sussex on that.
Dagdale

Speaks volumes about the man, as you know as part of that party when Wayne came over Sussex I was down and out sitting on that lonely train going back and reflecting on that display wondering is it worth it all, but IT IS when you get brief moments like that and can really honour the man. We move on and hopefully learn by it.
Auntie Merge

Thought this thread was about Wayne falling over during the game yesterday. Waiting for Ukrainian Phil to send over a video clip.

But Wayne is a lovely manager xxx
SUSSEX DAGGER

Dagdale wrote:Speaks volumes about the man, as you know as part of that party when Wayne came over Sussex I was down and out sitting on that lonely train going back and reflecting on that display wondering is it worth it all, but IT IS when you get brief moments like that and can really honour the man. We move on and hopefully learn by it.
Even at our poorest Dagdale it is always worth it mate especially away games. Still thought it was a great day out despite the result. Was once told even the worse day at football is still a 100 times better then a good day at work.