Tonight

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

I do agree about Hyam as I've mentioned before. Not saying JS is blameless but think he had less than a 25% chance of keeping us up.
DI Mike Dashwood

What I can't get Mike/Mark is the changes made after the Exeter game.

Now Burnett was clearly lacking in many ways and left us in a mess, from which I believe it will take 2-3 years to fully recover and put in place a long term way of doing things and way of playing.

BUT, at Stevenage we played with three centre halves, two of whom are still at Club, and one who was apparently retiring (I believe because he was told he would not play regularly) but we have not heard officially. We won the game. I believe (wasn't there and can't be bothered checking) we played the with the same set up at the back at Exeter. We won the game. Since then we have not seen this combination again (enforced at Everton) and we have not seen one of these players at all, one of these players more than once, and one of these players more than 3 times. Why?? Both of the lads now playing at centre half will go on to be very good players in their own right, probably at a lot better level than League Two. BUT, Mark made comments not just about physicality but also mentality and I cannot see how anyone thinks playing two rookies together in this situation will work?? Watch all of our goals from last few games, and the majority of them come from lapses in concentration (Cambridge being the most obvious).

I also didn't see much difference energy or performance wise in the Yeovil game on Saturday to what went on for most of the season, but there you go, everyone sees things differently I guess.
leewilson

I think Hyam has been ok. He's certainly done better than Nosworthy and I'd argue he's outperformed Ayo who was out of sorts for much of his 2nd stint here. We could have done far worse. Still, I would play Clevid over Hyam but think it's harsh to attribute him as someone out of his depth perhaps.
DI Mike Dashwood

Didn't say that Lee, I have not dug out Hyam individually in any post, but people have raised the physical AND mental issues of playing at this level and this situation, and it seems strange to throw in two young lads together in this scenario.
Adrian

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:What I can't get Mike/Mark is the changes made after the Exeter game.

Now Burnett was clearly lacking in many ways and left us in a mess, from which I believe it will take 2-3 years to fully recover and put in place a long term way of doing things and way of playing.

BUT, at Stevenage we played with three centre halves, two of whom are still at Club, and one who was apparently retiring (I believe because he was told he would not play regularly) but we have not heard officially. We won the game. I believe (wasn't there and can't be bothered checking) we played the with the same set up at the back at Exeter. We won the game. Since then we have not seen this combination again (enforced at Everton) and we have not seen one of these players at all, one of these players more than once, and one of these players more than 3 times. Why?? Both of the lads now playing at centre half will go on to be very good players in their own right, probably at a lot better level than League Two. BUT, Mark made comments not just about physicality but also mentality and I cannot see how anyone thinks playing two rookies together in this situation will work?? Watch all of our goals from last few games, and the majority of them come from lapses in concentration (Cambridge being the most obvious).

I also didn't see much difference energy or performance wise in the Yeovil game on Saturday to what went on for most of the season, but there you go, everyone sees things differently I guess.
Nosworthy didn't play against Stevenage or Exeter. Obileye did.
The only change in the next two games was the replacement of Obileye with Worrall - not much choice there.
Hoyte has played in 6 games since the Exeter game.

The formation only changed against Cambridge, and I'm sure I've seen a comment on here that Hoyte wasn't available for that game as his partner had a baby so again the change was forced.

My guess is that the reason you don't get the changes after Exeter is because you don't know what they were?

While I'd prefer us not to be playing to young loanee centre backs, I'm not seeing much alternative. From what I've seen Dikamona isn't any more capable of dealing with the mental issues at this level than the two youngsters. He may be bigger than Hyam but has never struck me as imposing.
DI Mike Dashwood

How many times has Hoyte played at CH in those six games (I haven't seem them all so genuine question)?? Dikamona did well in the win at Stevenage and I believe played at Exeter?? Hardly seen since which I think is strange.

We haven't won a game with Worrall or Hyam in team, I do know that is true. Lets hope if they play again Saturday that changes.
admin
Site Admin

No disrespect to Worrall or Hyam but they do seem like they make few mistakes at the back, a lot which is coming down to inexperience. For the time being I'd go with 3 centre halves and two wing backs. I would play Hoyte, Dikamona and Worrall as my centre halves and Passley and Hemmings as Wing Backs. Worked well enough against Stevenage
Adrian

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:How many times has Hoyte played at CH in those six games (I haven't seem them all so genuine question)?? Dikamona did well in the win at Stevenage and I believe played at Exeter?? Hardly seen since which I think is strange.

We haven't won a game with Worrall or Hyam in team, I do know that is true. Lets hope if they play again Saturday that changes.
Since Exeter Dikamona has started 3 league games and we conceded 7 goals.
In the 5 games he hasn't played, we've conceded 6 goals.