OK hands up...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Mark wrote:I really don't get you ARNU. I'm not entirely sure you're being serious.

We were much the better side and deserved to win. We created chances. We attacked with purpose and defended well. What do you want? Pretty passing with no purpose?
I accept this is no time for them to be entertaining,win at all costs obviously.The cost might be awful football and die hards like me leaving just after half time..Honestly you most have noticed the ball up in the air all the first half,head tennis,throw ins galore and some incredibly unnecessary pass backs.Ive never left early before with the exception of having to make work commitments near the end of a handful of games.Today I was truly bored.I even turned into a 13 year old girl and played with my phone instead of watching.Maybe it was then that the excitement happened that I missed.Dreadfull football by two dreadfull teams.Nice that we won and I hope we push on but somehow that game hasn't inspired me to believe anything other than we'll finish 23rd.Not looking to argue here but you say we defended well....we weren't really attacked were we ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

I enjoyed the game and the chances we created. Fair enough if you didn't.
Alan

I'm never going to complain that we restricted our opponents to 2 off target shots.
Adrian

ARNU wrote:
Mark wrote:I really don't get you ARNU. I'm not entirely sure you're being serious.

We were much the better side and deserved to win. We created chances. We attacked with purpose and defended well. What do you want? Pretty passing with no purpose?
I accept this is no time for them to be entertaining,win at all costs obviously.The cost might be awful football and die hards like me leaving just after half time..Honestly you most have noticed the ball up in the air all the first half,head tennis,throw ins galore and some incredibly unnecessary pass backs.Ive never left early before with the exception of having to make work commitments near the end of a handful of games.Today I was truly bored.I even turned into a 13 year old girl and played with my phone instead of watching.Maybe it was then that the excitement happened that I missed.Dreadfull football by two dreadfull teams.Nice that we won and I hope we push on but somehow that game hasn't inspired me to believe anything other than we'll finish 23rd.Not looking to argue here but you say we defended well....we weren't really attacked were we ?
I couldn't make today, but your description of how you found it is pretty much exactly how I found most of the last two seasons - although for me it was watching pointless.passing around the half way line that bored me.
Diggerthedog

It was two crap teams playing awful football. We were the better side but it was hard not to be York were clueless. Think we are going down with them with results going against us, a win on Tuesday is a must but I think it is delaying the obvious.

Can't blame Arnu for leaving early someone by me went off to the bar after the Pen miss and I was walking out just as Passley scored, can't fault the effort but the ability is not there and when we play the better sides we will get beat.

We will be playing York next season in the league below along with Solihull Moors....nah me neither.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Don't think there was any arguement there Mark but if you are looking at it from Arnu s point you have to accept that if we could not put a team like that away then you can forget about beating anybody .

It's a game we dominated but if either the ref or the lino are doing their job we gave them a hell of a chance to get a point and that would really have been curtains.

The worry now is at the top end of the pitch, every dagger will take going for one goal every three games as it will mean we are half way to getting out of this mess but that is now over 2 hours of football we have clearly dominated in the last two games and have scored one goal.

As they say from small acorns big oak trees grow and when Neil Armstrong went to the moon his first step was to get out of bed , but in all honesty I think we saw two relegated teams today. I can accept that because I have at least seen effort over the past week and that's all I have ever asked
Dagdale

Awful game to watch especially after Tuesday's great effort and display, just never seem to follow it on, but the curse has at last been lifted and if daggers hadn't won today it would have been absolute injustice. York were so dreadful that 5 minutes from the whistle that raging York fan up our end (TBS) smashed his mighty boot right into our hoardings and boiled out of ground just about summed it all up for their part . Toss up who the next penalty taker will be now? Doidgey should have stayed on IMO, as we seemed to filter out later on, certainly next few games will be well interesting, but just imagine Carlisle and Pools coming unstuck and we can take 6 points, maybe it could JUST turn out the best week in daggers history!
Last edited by Dagdale on Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan

Can't believe the moaning on here. It wasn't a classic, it was 2 teams at the foot of the table and low on confidence. We had to win and we did. But seriously, look at our run in, it will be a miracle if we stay up.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Alan wrote:Can't believe the moaning on here. It wasn't a classic, it was 2 teams at the foot of the table and low on confidence. We had to win and we did. But seriously, look at our run in, it will be a miracle if we stay up.

Well
Dons
Stanley
Morecambe
Carlisle
Crawley
And a fluke away win 42 points is that really beyond us , probably but I can think of 5 worse home games to have now the monkey is off the back
Alan

We win our first home game in over 10 months today - winning the next 5 home games is somewhat optimistic.
ARNU

Alan wrote:Can't believe the moaning on here. It wasn't a classic, it was 2 teams at the foot of the table and low on confidence. We had to win and we did. But seriously, look at our run in, it will be a miracle if we stay up.
I did preface my post with "I realise its not a time to be entertaining" or something like that.

I agree with you Adrian,a lot of Burnetts passy passy wasn't entertaining either but I'd say we had the ball more (and wasted it yes) and looked like we had a plan at least(Not Burnetts last 3 months I grant you)but we did score goals and we did finish 9th on 60 points ugly or otherwise blah blah blah !! I distinctly remember us having the problem of not making chances for our forwards in Stills last stint here too.(The infamous 3 points from 54 or whatever)I've seen hoofball played well ala Benno Strevs,saunders etc so know it can work.You will not convince me that we saw today was at all entertaining or that we've turned any corners.I was bored to death today,I purposely missed the last half hour so allow me the chance that it got better when I went,it was certainly 3rd rate dross up until I left.

Alan....did we restrict them to 2 chances or were we weak twice ? 2 differing explanations of the same thing I think.

Mark..I agree.I have found games entertaining that others were bored at too.

My neck actually hurts where Ive been looking upwards constantly for the ball at the last 3 or 4 home games,why are all those people behind me shouting "get it on the fackin ground" constantly ? Not just me is it ?

Positives....I discovered the drive from Pondfield road to the Eastbrook and on to Romford is quite an easy drive while you lot were all still in there putting yourselves thru it LOL!.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ThatRoundThing

I agree with some on here. Awful game to watch, two very poor sides. We were at home and at times struggled against a side as bad as us. That's it now, we probably won't play three worst sides than Yeovil, Notts C and Yeovil and we failed to pick up enough points to give us any chance. Forget any results against promotion chasing sides... We are doomed!!!
SUSSEX DAGGER

It's frustrating Arnu but in all honesty with the personnel at the top of the pitch lacking that vital pace I don't think the Manager has many options.

When you look back it's a crying shame that Ade Yussef did not hit the straps ,somebody who had his strength with the ability to run at a defender is what we badly need and could have been an ideal partner for Doidge or Young Hawkins , sadly after what looked a promising start he completely lost his way and it looks like the promise that he did show will not be anymore them that in a Daggers shirt.

Your heart has to go out to Doidge he hits the bar again , the person who invented football is to blame for our demise. If he had made the goal post six inches higher and wider and made it 40 minutes each way we would be a lot higher up the League.

So I am afraid my old friend it looks like this is the way it has to be for the remainder of the season. At least Under John Still way the ball is up the pitch quicker, one of the things that frustrated me under Wayne was the ball passed along the back four and then hoofed into the front men allowing a defence to get organised .

One thing I was pleased to see today was Richards at least trying to pass it and try to play it . His corners resulted. In the penalty and Doidge hitting the bar , far to often this year we have not even cleared the first man from such situations . He did not thrill me when he first appeared but he would have been a very usefull asset throughout the season with restarts and who knows where that could have taken us because throughout the season this is one area where we have been very poor.

Our fate still comes down to us there is 7 winnable games to me and altho we won't win them all a fluke unexpected result somewhere may allow us a failure in the games where they are now in the must win catogary.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

ThatRoundThing wrote:I agree with some on here. Awful game to watch, two very poor sides. We were at home and at times struggled against a side as bad as us. That's it now, we probably won't play three worst sides than Yeovil, Notts C and Yeovil and we failed to pick up enough points to give us any chance. Forget any results against promotion chasing sides... We are doomed!!!
OH MY GOD REALLY?! We just won at home for the first time in 316 days. Can you be nice for a bit?
The Romford Dagger

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:
ThatRoundThing wrote:I agree with some on here. Awful game to watch, two very poor sides. We were at home and at times struggled against a side as bad as us. That's it now, we probably won't play three worst sides than Yeovil, Notts C and Yeovil and we failed to pick up enough points to give us any chance. Forget any results against promotion chasing sides... We are doomed!!!
OH MY GOD REALLY?! We just won at home for the first time in 316 days. Can you be nice for a bit?
I was about to post the same thing.

Although in fairness I was not at the game. I watched a great game in comparison but also produced 1 goal.

1 goal is enough of you score it lads.