And Now The End Is Near

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

A good bit of dealing by Wayne completed this morning.

Was only thinking that former Premiership teams with ambitions to return do do invest money and give contracts to Donkeys. Then somebody had to remind me about Miles.

Whatever the outcome i know one thing for certain it will take a crisis of earthquake perportions to see Josh Scott in a Daggers shirt again.
ARNU

My powers of telepathy have failed me Sussex.What you goin on about mate ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggers No 2 Fan

I'm glad I wasn't the only one wondering what this was about.

Looking at the Official Site, we appear to have signed a young player on loan, but there doesn't seem to be a clear link to this thread.
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:My powers of telepathy have failed me Sussex.What you goin on about mate ?
http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/d ... 83437.aspx
SUSSEX DAGGER

Sorry boys .Yes this new loan signing surely this must mean the end of the road for Scott. Ok its only s months loan but the fact we have gone and got him cant mean any other thing then the Manager having no longer any faith in what we have got here bar Murphy.

Looks a good bit of dealing as well .
Phippo

[quote="SUSSEX DAGGER"]A good bit of dealing by Wayne completed this morning.

Was only thinking that former Premiership teams with ambitions to return do do invest money and give contracts to Donkeys. Then somebody had to remind me about Miles.

Whatever the outcome i know one thing for certain it will take a crisis of earthquake perportions to see Josh Scott in a Daggers shirt again.[/quote

Wayne said weeks ago he would be looking to bring in a couple of players in the January window (one a forward). This hopefully will not be the only signing.
Lcbdagger

Not going to pop any balloons but didn't we sign Mo Sharif (who you say??) on Loan from QPR largely on the fact that he had 5000 goals in 5001 appearances (or similar) for their youth team??

Let's see him get a game first before we write off the players we have already
HogansHeros

I wonder if him and D'ath will link well together(we seem to have a link with Reading)
matt_drfc

Lcbdagger wrote:Not going to pop any balloons but didn't we sign Mo Sharif (who you say??) on Loan from QPR largely on the fact that he had 5000 goals in 5001 appearances (or similar) for their youth team??

To be fair to him, we played a style of football at the time that probably didn't suit him.
Richie

Nothing like jumping to conclusions ex Sussex
Lcbdagger

matt_drfc wrote:
Lcbdagger wrote:Not going to pop any balloons but didn't we sign Mo Sharif (who you say??) on Loan from QPR largely on the fact that he had 5000 goals in 5001 appearances (or similar) for their youth team??

To be fair to him, we played a style of football at the time that probably didn't suit him.
Not denying that at all, just not convinced that goals in youth team games are a good benchmark for league football... even if only league two

Still personally happier seeing Obafemi come back to fitness than any new striker we bring in... I think the disappointment of expecting Dickson to be a lower league gem has swung my mood
Mark

I think Josh is probably nigh-on done as a pro footballer. Such a shame that he's had such a bad run with injuries. In his first season with us he was probably one of my favourite players and I thought he'd only get better with a good pre-season and another year at the level.

For what its worth, I thought he did well towards the start of the season when he played. Then I think he got another knock and barely got minutes. The thing with Josh, if you give him the odd sub appearance or the odd start and hook him after 60 mins, he'll never be at the level you need him at. Fair enough in today's game you probably can't wait for him to get back on form and history says he'd get injured again. I still think he's better than Dickson.

Anyway back to the new lad Samuel, heard good things and hopeful he'll do well here. Not sure where he fits in unless we play 4-4-2 and he may be too similar to Rhys to play with him, but it gives us a viable alternative if we need to change it around.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Richie wrote:Nothing like jumping to conclusions ex Sussex
What conclusion am i jumping to only a logical one in my opinion.

Anyhow i have at least started a debate.
USADAGGER nick

HogansHeros wrote:I wonder if him and D'ath will link well together(we seem to have a link with Reading)

They seem too (at least based on twitter)
Daggers No 2 Fan

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Richie wrote:Nothing like jumping to conclusions ex Sussex
What conclusion am i jumping to only a logical one in my opinion.

Anyhow i have at least started a debate.
I'm not sure that the conclusion you've drawn is that logical based on the signing on a young striker for a month. If anything, to me it would seem more like a follow up to letting Woodall go.

I'd be surprised to see Scott here come the start of next season, but there are more significant reasons for that than the signing of one player for a month. I think Mark sums it up pretty well.