0-0

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
JFJBENSTEAD

Not the result we wanted. Draw was fair though.

First 30mins they tore us apart and really should have been ahead.

Second half we looked solid. I really like Doidge's energy but his finishing has been poor. Hawkins is just a big lump as well.

Positives: three games unbeaten; three consecutive clean sheets

Negatives: we are desperate for wins; only one goal scored in last three games.

Saturday got the home voodoo off our back; tonight reminded us that we are going to be relegated.
stanton101

No lack of commitment tonight, just a lack of quality. first half we should have been buried, but 2nd half we competed well and in the end a draw was a fair result. In fairness to JS there wasn't a lot more he could have done, to lose Labadie and Richards was a blow from the off. If I did have one gripe, it was why doesn't he leave Doidge on and play three forwards up front for the last ten minutes, a draw is no good we needed a win. But there you go. Special praise tonight for the defence who performed well, clevid got the motm, but for me young Worrall just pipped him.
Richie

I thought Carlisle looked a good team. A good point IMO.
admin
Site Admin

A few points from tonight

- We don't have a goal scorer and we aren't clinical enough in front of goal. Doidge is not the most talented player but I respect him as he is the hardest worker. However he had a golden chance at around 55 mins and didn't convert it. Not the first time this has happened, needs to work on his finishing.
- Andre Boucard came under a lot of criticism. I believe his positioning is good and he works hard and makes a tackle. However is distribution is woeful. Sometimes he plays a wrong type of ball and sometimes he can have a straight forward short pass to make and still somehow lose possession. Also why was he on corners? Surely having the player with the worst distribution taking corners is a mistake? It also takes him away from the area of the game where he is better. Also, Boucard is no way captain material.
- Oliver Hawkins isn't ready yet. I like him, he's a hard worker and gets to ball well and I'm not slagging him off but he simply isn't ready yet and we shouldn't be playing him this season. We need results and we need to play players who are ready.
- I still think we would be better off reverting back to 3-5-2 like we did agianist Stevenage. That appeared to be working where as other ideas haven't been, why change something that was working and getting results.
ARNU

Quite rare that I couldn't make it so I cant comment on what happened but I do wonder why Jamie Cureton isn't playing,being that he is a proven goalscorer.(Hoofing to a midget dosent make any sense however Stilly was happy to hoof to Chambers who is hardly peter crouch himself, against York).It sounds like I missed another hoof-a-thon so Im not too upset I missed it.Points not enough but at least it wasn't a defeat I s'pose.Big game Hartlepool and now we need York to totally self destruct too.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

Don't think there was much more Still could have done tonight with Raymond, Labadie, Richards and Gutteridge. The only possible change I'd have made would have been Chambers for Cash as he links well with Doidge and it's a big ask to throw a 17 year old into a relegation scrap on his debut. Boucaud was atrocious tonight as well. Off the ball, he was completely half arsed jogging back and forward. On the ball, he was very poor chipping multiple floated balls straight to the defender's head and his corner taking was dire.

I love Doidge but he's got to finish both of them chances, especially the first one. Still, it's not his fault that the other strikers haven't stepped up this season either. However, I would say that when you have a player of Jamie Cureton's record sitting on the bench and you need a goal, it's very disappointing that a man who has just turned professional and a man who hasn't played much football at all for months are turned to before him.

3 clean sheets. A goalscorer would have seen us win 9 points instead of 5 and be right back in the hunt. As it is, we're still alive but just barely.
Lcbdagger

A good point against a decent team but at no point did I ever feel we would get the win... positive to still be unbeaten in three but 1 point doesn't help us at the moment.

Agree on the points about Doidge but let's be fair, if Cureton was in 2014/15 form we'd probably be saying what a superstar Doidge is with his effort and team work... if he played alongside a Cureton that was banging in goals his finishing would be a real issue.

Also agree on needing Cureton to come in when we are short of goals late on in a game, but i can only assume the manager (probably quite rightly in his mind) doesn't feel Cureton is in any kind of form to actually get the goal we need.

Quite certain now that the quality isn't there to keep us up but we need some positive results to go in to next season with some kind of confidence that we won't dissapear down the league in the Conference too.
Diggerthedog

I thought last night game was truly awful from both sides. It got to the point during the first half where I though were better off going down a division then seeing this struggle week in week out.

We needed the 3 points so not sure why we did not go three up top towards the end, I noticed Carlisle went for it last 10 mins.

Hartlepool or bust now. A defeat and its all over for sure.