Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DagenHammer87

20 Yeovil (44)
21 Hartlepool (41)
22 Stevenage (38)
----------------
23 Daggers (34)
24 York (28)

It's us and York I'm afraid. I do have us down for wins against Morecambe and Wimbledon with a home draw against Crawley.

Would be interesting to see what odds would be available on some of these predictions!
A S dagger97

This was mine unfortunately

21 Stevenage 46 -24 40
22 Hartlepool 46 -30 37
23 Dag & Red 46 -29 36
24 York 46 -40 29
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Diggerthedog

The prediction thing I got us getting another 10 points. Only hope is teams we play at the end have nothing to play for or rest players for the play offs, if they do have something to play for we are truly done for.

Think it's about building for next season, I can see the likes of Benson and Doe coming back with the likes of Griffiths and Howell a possibility too. I think we will have a very strong first team next season but the back ups not so much. Top ten is my guess after watching Forest Green and Grimsby last week if we don't finish top ten then we may aswell give up completely as that was worse than the Yeovil and York games for ability.

One thing is for sure if we don't come up first two seasons it will be unlikely we ever will.
Auntie Merge

I gauge our league status by whether I am biting my fingernails or not.
At the beginning of the season they looked like league two nails, by Christmas they were conference nails again.
At the moment they are somewhere in the middle and if I could stop biting one fingernail and two thumbnails then they will be more league two than conference. At the moment they look 50-50. Difficult call but I am trying my upmost not to bite those three - daggers survival depends on it ;)
Lcbdagger

The Romford Dagger wrote:Just did the league calculator and we came 21st with 42 pts! 7pts clear of the drop zone.

Wtf?!??
I think you need to add in the points for the other 23 teams too first :lol:
ThatRoundThing

Regardless of toys like predictor calculators, do most of us think now that the bottom 3 in whatever order will be from Stevenage, York and ourselves?

My weekly betting bible for form and stats, "Racing and Football Outlook" weekly forecast final League tables based on their ratings, form and their own Outlook True Odds Index. In case of any interest here is what they are saying but do not reflect any recent midweek games.

PREMIER Leicester 72, Spurs 70, Arsenal 68, Man C 65, West Ham 62, Man U 62

CHAMPIONSHIP. Burnley 86, Middlesbrough 86, Hull 84, Brighton 81, Derby 76, Ipswich 73

LEAGUE ONE Burton 87, Wigan 82, Walsall 76, Millwall 75, Gillingham 74, Barnsley 72

LEAGUE TWO Northampton 98, Oxford 83, Plymouth 82, Accrington 78, Bristol R 75, Portsmouth 73

BOTTOM 6

PREMIER. Swansea 44, Palace 42, Sunderland 35, Newcastle 34, Norwich 33, Villa 24

CHAMPOINSHIP. Bristol C 51, Fulham 51, MK Dons 48, Rotherham 45, Charlton 40, Bolton 37

LEAGUE ONE. Shrewsbury 55, Doncaster 52, Oldham 51, Blackpool 48, Crewe 44, Colchester 39

LEAGUE TWO Yeovil 50, Morecambe 50, Hartlepool 47, Stevenage 46, York 38, Dagenham 37

That's how they rate things at the moment after last weekend's results. It changes slightly on a weekly basis depending on results.
Lcbdagger

BarkingRambo wrote:I worked for the councils housing department till the other week and as far as I'm aware there has been no mention of doing anything to the daggers. The councils only involvement in the club is as far as I'm aware is funding the naming rights for the stadium and several Councillors / ex Councillors that are season ticket holders for the club. I believe most regeneration is guided around Barking town centre and the riverside area so I highly doubt the club has anything to worry about.

Also Tommo is a prominent figure at lots of council boards so it's safe to say there are lots of people that would kick up a hell of a fuss if there was ever a decision that might damage the future of the club.
Another one leaving the Housing team? Where were you based sir?
BarkingRambo

I was in housing strategy. Now enjoying the pleasures of Greenwich council, thankfully there doesn't seem to be too many Charlton fans around to bore me.
The Romford Dagger

Lcbdagger wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:Just did the league calculator and we came 21st with 42 pts! 7pts clear of the drop zone.

Wtf?!??
I think you need to add in the points for the other 23 teams too first :lol:
I had a look after doing it at how that was possible. I think I had Stevenage with 1 or 2 more points all season. Shows how wrong i am gonna be. But had no idea I'd done it which at least shows their remaining games look tough.

I think I had us winning the derby at Orient as well. Was looking to go on what will likely be our biggest league away attendance all season but will be at Sheffield Wednesday away that day. Fancy us to take something at the orient though. Literally every game we need to keep plugging along and take something from. Carlisle, whilst only a point as well a snorts county, are games that we would end up losing earlier in the season despite playing well in apparently.

Keep plugging along daggers and there's hope. There's a chance.

BELIEVE!
BB-Dagger

Its all very well having a bit of fun with these predictors but at the end of the day its about winning games in real life
and as much as I am hoping for a few wins I'm afraid I just cant see us doing enough to survive, damage was done long before Mr Still returned. :(
Lcbdagger

BarkingRambo wrote:I was in housing strategy. Now enjoying the pleasures of Greenwich council, thankfully there doesn't seem to be too many Charlton fans around to bore me.
Thought as much... done of us are still there young man! ;-)