The Fat Lady is clearing her throat

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Firstly it has to be said there has been a vast improvement over recent games , cant complain about the effort.

Sadly it has gone so right at one end of the pitch and so badly wrong at the other. Even then mind luck has deserted us completley how many times have we hit the bar in recent games.

All we can hope for now is that Stevenage go completely ga ga and We do marginally better then York

Hartlepool will take a draw now on Saturday ,anyhow I just can't see them failing to get the points required.

Looking towards next season if we even have a hope of mounting a challange to get back then The gaffer needs the support of the board to go and get a proven goal scorer , surely the improved parachute payments
Will enable this.

Despite the poor season we are still pulling in 14-1500 per game just hope that when what is looking the inevitable happens the fans stay with it.

Let's hope that the Board do give it a good go and back John in the summer by at least allowing him to bring in a bit of quality where it is most needed.

My starter for ten is Matt Tubbs not getting a look in at Pompey and exiled to Eastleigh for the rest of season. Looks certain to be let go by Pompey at the end of season and proven where we are going
durnzo

Good post, can't disagree with any of it. On a separate note though, I've had two separate people, who don't follow the daggers, tell me that the board are looking to sell the ground for housing and going down will speed up the process. Do you know if there's any truth in this, or is it just the rumour mill churning?
dagger4eva

I’d agree with this post certainly. So typical that at the time we FINALLY seem to of learnt how to defend a mixture of lack of quality and bad luck in front of goal at the other end is proving costly.
I only attended one of the last 3 but by all accounts there could have been little complaint if we’d of racked up 9 points instead of 5.
Two penalty misses and woodwork struck a number of times.

There is still 33 points on offer and realistically we will probably need 20 of them to stay up.
If we got 20, it would mean Hartlepool will need 15 (from 42), Yeovil need 11, and Stevenage need 12 - both from 33.

Will keep on dreaming of a miracle until it’s too late but Stilly seems to be relishing the challenge (no single mention whatsoever of “they had better players than us”) – so who knows the players themselves might just start believe also.
Funnier things have happened right………
ThatRoundThing

If you have 10 mins to spare for some fun go to http://www.thefishy.co.uk

Menu/The Season, you will find a League predictor.
I unchecked all but the bottom 7 teams and then predicted all results for the bottom 7 until the end of the season.

Mine predicted Stevenage,York relegated. We just scraped in on GD.
My partner predicted York 23 Daggers BOTTOM. We both predicted Northampton League Champions.

Passes time for a few minutes.
stanton101

If Muldoon and Hawkins are anything to go by then we're bang in the cack. Worrall's the only decent signing he's made. Muldoon's a trier, but he can't pass water let alone a ball and Hawkins! Jesus wept, a pub player at best.
ThatRoundThing

Agree with Sussex. Also would like to add that my opinion for League 2 or National League is that our smaller or lightweight players including Curo need to go.

We also need a Centre Half who can dominate a game, frighten his own teammates let alone the opposition forward line.
Similar to the Carlisle CH last night who never stopped shouting, moaning, encouraging and organising all game.
Mike the Dagger

durnzo wrote:Good post, can't disagree with any of it. On a separate note though, I've had two separate people, who don't follow the daggers, tell me that the board are looking to sell the ground for housing and going down will speed up the process. Do you know if there's any truth in this, or is it just the rumour mill churning?
We don't own the ground, the Council do.
NBDag

durnzo wrote:Good post, can't disagree with any of it. On a separate note though, I've had two separate people, who don't follow the daggers, tell me that the board are looking to sell the ground for housing and going down will speed up the process. Do you know if there's any truth in this, or is it just the rumour mill churning?
Got to be just rumours. Wouldn't sell the ground because simply enough- we wouldn't have anywhere to play.

Also i'd expect that no firm would buy the ground unless planning permission has already been granted. If that's the case it'd be public information (even if an application has been made with no response) and would be spread all over the local rags. So we'd know by now if there was any truth to that.
durnzo

That clears that up then! I thought it was a bit wierd that a sale could be pending without any local press about. Plus not owning the ground would put the idea to bed I'd have thought!
The Romford Dagger

Just did the league calculator and we came 21st with 42 pts! 7pts clear of the drop zone.

Wtf?!??
NickMurphy

The Romford Dagger wrote:Just did the league calculator and we came 21st with 42 pts! 7pts clear of the drop zone.

Wtf?!??
I did it and ended up with 35 points and 9 points adrift of safety!

Have to say, looking at those fixtures I think our best chance stands with catching Stevenage rather than Hartlepool.
SUSSEX DAGGER

NickMurphy wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:Just did the league calculator and we came 21st with 42 pts! 7pts clear of the drop zone.

Wtf?!??

Have to say, looking at those fixtures I think our best chance stands with catching Stevenage rather than Hartlepool.
Nick I am looking for every clink of light. Depressed after Saturday's result when I heard that Hartlepool had won, when I got home however I was talking to some Skate mates when they said they rhought they would not see a worse team then York but they saw one today. They had to do nothing to win.

When I got home I went on the BBC interviews and listened to their acting gaffer when you heard him say things that we did not look interested in the first half and we were not even running then I thought let's look at their run in and they' have a difficult one especially when those closet to them are suggesting they are not even trying.
Auntie Merge

I thought the ground was owned by the council. So we could never sell the ground. This is one of the points that was mentioned in the merger arguments (Ilford sold, Leytonstone sold, Walthamstow sold, Dagenham ?).

What I can see happening is the council relocating us as we are currently in a prime housing location but the club cannot sell the ground.
The Romford Dagger

NickMurphy wrote:

Wtf?!??

I had:
21 - Dagenham (42)
22 - Hartlepool (40)
23 - Stevenage (35)
24 - York (32)
BarkingRambo

I worked for the councils housing department till the other week and as far as I'm aware there has been no mention of doing anything to the daggers. The councils only involvement in the club is as far as I'm aware is funding the naming rights for the stadium and several Councillors / ex Councillors that are season ticket holders for the club. I believe most regeneration is guided around Barking town centre and the riverside area so I highly doubt the club has anything to worry about.

Also Tommo is a prominent figure at lots of council boards so it's safe to say there are lots of people that would kick up a hell of a fuss if there was ever a decision that might damage the future of the club.